PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL executives rank Brady as third best QB behind Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...gh-in-aaron-rodgers-andrew-luck-rule-qb-roost

I know, the Patriots credo is all about tuning out the noise and ignoring distractions. But I can't help but wonder what this might say about the NFL's attitude towards this team. It reminds me how Brady wasn't even included in a twitter promo for Super Bowl 50, and how almost every NFLN and ESPN analyst continues to predict the Colts as this year's AFC winners (The Colts are 0-6 vs. the Patriots, being outscored 251-125, yet every year they go with them over us)

I can understand excecutives rather having Luck going forward because he is so much younger, but who's better now? No contest. Luck was awful in the AFC Championship game while Brady lit up the Colts and then went on to lead two 4th quarter TD drives against Seattle earning him Super Bowl MVP. This is nonsense and more sour grapes. The NFL is full of envious brats.

Luck is a great FF QB. To build a franchise, Brady isn't in that conversation (but I doubt they were asking that). Fairly sad commentary when they don't understand the single most important position in the game (and what qualities/abilities they should want in a QB).

I can see an argument being made for rogers, but luck has sucked in the playoffs. Hes never beaten brady playoffs or not.

I don't care Buffalo is in our division. I don't hate Rex. I respect playing defense and running the ball.

I hope the Bills defense destroys Luck/Colts tomorrow. Most overrated player in the NFL. Remove his AFC south stats and he isn't anything special statistically.

Peyton Manning 2.0 media hype wise, but alteast Manning was an elite QB. Luck wouldn't have made half the throws Big Ben made Thursday.

Andrew Luck too, huh? Okay. *sarcasm* Let's put the guy who has never beat the other guy or won anything of importance in the league ahead of the other guy. That makes perfect sense. And that's why these lists are bullsh*t every time. I absolutely believe Rodgers is the best QB in the league RIGHT NOW, but it's really 1a and 1b and entirely subjective which of the two claims the 1a spot. I would not raise too much of an argument to anyone who who puts Brady ahead of Rodgers or Rodgers ahead of Brady.

I will start by saying that being ranked #3 QB in the NFL is not really "an insult," especially at age 38 where there is natural bias against age decline, whether true or not.

Aaron Rodgers might be the best overall talent ever at the position. He threw 5 INTs last season and 4 hit a Packers receiver on the hands. He is a full standard deviation above other QBs in terms of his interception rate over his career. Of course, being the best player does not always mean being the best leader and being able to fire/lead a team under pressure when the going gets tough. There's a strong argument for Brady.

Andrew Luck tossed 16 INTs last season, more than Brady has ever thrown, and this is in an era where DBs cannot even touch WRs any more; sure, the Colts defense sucks, but what does that have to do with a solid offensive line and tons of weapons? Luck has not demonstrated the ball control needed to be ahead of Brady or several others who can put up huge production without turning over the ball.

1a. Brady
1b. Rodgers
3. Roethlisberger
4. Romo
5a. Wilson
5b. Brees
5c. Luck
5d. Manning

I don't think Luck passes Brady this year, and I'm not sure I'd have him above Roethlisberger, either, but Luck is definitely still on the come, and the players above him are all on the back 9 of their careers.

I'd take January Joe over a lot of the media darlings

I don't think Luck passes Brady this year, and I'm not sure I'd have him above Roethlisberger, either, but Luck is definitely still on the come, and the players above him are all on the back 9 of their careers.

Manning got drafted in 1998. Luck in 2012. Where was Manning with harder rules in the 1998-2002 range?

In asking because I don't really know and don't have the time right not to check. I am assuming Mannings was better. Therefore my hypothesis is Luck will never be Brady nevermind Manning.

I can understand excecutives rather having Luck going forward because he is so much younger, but who's better now? No contest. Luck was awful in the AFC Championship game while Brady lit up the Colts and then went on to lead two 4th quarter TD drives against Seattle earning him Super Bowl MVP. This is nonsense and more sour grapes. The NFL is full of envious brats.
I've really gotten tired of the NFL's effort to turn Luck into the LeBron of the NFL.

I will start by saying that being ranked #3 QB in the NFL is not really "an insult," especially at age 38 where there is natural bias against age decline, whether true or not.

Aaron Rodgers might be the best overall talent ever at the position. He threw 5 INTs last season and 4 hit a Packers receiver on the hands. He is a full standard deviation above other QBs in terms of his interception rate over his career. Of course, being the best player does not always mean being the best leader and being able to fire/lead a team under pressure when the going gets tough. There's a strong argument for Brady.

Andrew Luck tossed 16 INTs last season, more than Brady has ever thrown, and this is in an era where DBs cannot even touch WRs any more; sure, the Colts defense sucks, but what does that have to do with a solid offensive line and tons of weapons? Luck has not demonstrated the ball control needed to be ahead of Brady or several others who can put up huge production without turning over the ball.

1a. Brady
1b. Rodgers
3. Roethlisberger
4. Romo
5a. Wilson
5b. Brees
5c. Luck
5d. Manning
And that was his best season by far. Get back to me when he has a 34-4 season.

Note that he comes into a league that's designed to strap a rocket to the pass offense. Brady and Manning didn't have that. They had to contend with actual pass defense for the first 5-7 years. Plus, he stepped onto a team that they absolutely loaded with weapons for him.

Andrew Luck, like his predecessor* in Indianapolis, is rapidly becoming the most overrated QB in the league.

Yes, I know Manning isn't technically Luck's predecessor since there was a year in-between, but you know what I mean. :D

Manning got drafted in 1998. Luck in 2012. Where was Manning with harder rules in the 1998-2002 range?

In asking because I don't really know and don't have the time right not to check. I am assuming Mannings was better. Therefore my hypothesis is Luck will never be Brady nevermind Manning.

Luck has won 3 playoff games in his first 3 seasons, and he had a QB rating of 96.5 in year 3. Manning won his third playoff game in 2004, which was his 7th season, and he didn't top that 96.5 rating until 2003, his 6th season.

Luck is so far ahead of Manning that it's not even a contest.

Luck has won 3 playoff games in his first 3 seasons, and he had a QB rating of 96.5 in year 3. Manning won his third playoff game in 2004, which was his 7th season, and he didn't top that 96.5 rating until 2003, his 6th season.

Luck is so far ahead of Manning that it's not even a contest.
Again, Peyton had to contend with honest to god pass defense in those seasons.

careometer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents