PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com asks if Brady or Luck is the second best QB in football after Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares, Brady doesn't compare to any other active player, they can rank him 98th for all I care. Brady competes against history, he's conquered the present too many times to care about some media poll to fill time during the offseason.

Brady just dominated the postseason on the way to his 4th Superbowl title and 3rd Superbowl MVP. Luck got completely bamboozled and destroyed by us head to head. Rodgers got decimated and embarrassed by the Seahawks, the team that we beat in the Superbowl. These two Qbs meanwhile have 1 SB ring between the two of them. So that makes Brady the '3rd best QB' in the league behind those 2?? I swear these so called 'journalists' are incredibly stupid.

Did we watch the same game? Decimated? Really? We came just as close to losing to the seahawks as the packers did. Only difference being our defense made a play when we needed it and theirs didn't.

1. Brady
2. Romo
3. Brees
4. Rodgers
5. Roethlisberger
6. Rivers
7. Palmer
8. Foles
9. Flacco
10. Manning

The only reason Luck would make the top 15 is because of the lack of good QBs in the league. He's about like Flacco, throw deep balls, hope someone catches them or hope the ref flags somebody, but 90% of the time they are intercepted, unless he's playing teams in his non-competitive division and other scrub teams that get put on his schedule. I'm tired of the lack of talent excuse around Luck. He has enough talent around him to get it done, he just can't get it done because he will make some dumb mistake and cost his team the game, especially when he's facing the more competitive teams in the playoffs. He's waaaay to overrated at this point. Flacco, I'll admit is pretty impressive when he wants to be.

Rodgers is great but he is not better than Brady. He probably looks better on a highlight reel, but when I'm watching the game Brady is the best to ever do it. At no point have I watched Rodgers and thought, he was a GOAT or was in awe over his performance. I've done it with Brees though and that's why he is over Rodgers on my list. Romo is second because I have to respect his performances over the last two seasons given his injuries and his D the previous season. I think Foles may be the next big thing and I still get nervous when the Patriots are facing Rivers.

Did we watch the same game? Decimated? Really? We came just as close to losing to the seahawks as the packers did. Only difference being our defense made a play when we needed it and theirs didn't.

I watched the game, apparently you were watching the score. Rodgers got embarrassed by SEA, it looked like he and Wilson was trying to see who could play the worse between the two. Wilson finally decided he wanted to win and Rodgers made it easy for him. Brady lit up the SEA, convincingly. If Arrington hadn't sucked so badly the score wouldn't have been close. Sadly the only part people will remember is that Beast-Mode didn't run.

I watched the game, apparently you were watching the score. Rodgers got embarrassed by SEA, it looked like he and Wilson was trying to see who could play the worse between the two. Wilson finally decided he wanted to win and Rodgers made it easy for him. Brady lit up the SEA, convincingly. If Arrington hadn't sucked so badly the score wouldn't have been close. Sadly the only part people will remember is that Beast-Mode didn't run.
I would put that more on the coaches. Who ever decided that Arrington should line up against a receiver that's much bigger than him should get a lot of the blame. Arrington was in good position, but it's very hard to defend against someone much bigger when the QB throws jump balls. That's just not what he is good at.

That's like putting Browner on T.Y Hilton and then say Browner sucks. Yes he sucks in that situation, but he shouldn't even be in that situation to begin with because that's not what you have him for. Why do I use Browner as an example? Because he is the exact opposite of Arrington. Arrington sucks against tall receiver that can go up for jump balls, but he is very god against smaller faster and shiftier receivers. Where as Browner is very good against big physical receivers and he can battle them in jump balls, but against smaller, faster and shiftier receivers he gets badly beaten.

On a side note, are news reporters gonna think they are clever and forever use the word "luck" in their headlines for the entirety of his career? It gets so old.

"Colt's lose. No such Luck"

"Pats win. Colt's Luck runs out".

"Better to be Luck-ey than good"

"Luck be a leader tonight"

Ha. at first I thought this would only happen for a season but it seems I have underestimated the laziness and predictability of the media.

Silly question from a silly network.

According to their 2014 Total QBR's, Tony Romo is better than all three of them and Luck isn't even in the top ten. So, week by week, game by game, who knows?

But, the answer IMHO really depends on who helps his team win consistently. There is just no doubt in my mind that I would take Brady over the rest. No one has given his team a better chance of winning when it counts over the past few years. Until that changes, the discussion is just silly

You're down by 10, 14, whatever & your entire season is on the line.

You pick Rogers? Luck? Manning? WTF? You Are Losah!

There can be only one. TFB!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey