PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft: Day 2, Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs BoB.

Fiedorowicz would have been perfect there... Texans got him...

Hopefully we take Craig Loston!! Thats the SS I want to be a Patriot. I really like the Garoppolo pick.

Hmm, the Patriots taking Jimmy Garoppolo, and O’Brien came back and took CJF makes you curious if there is a little bad blood stirring, or a trade after the fact.

Redskins select Morgan Moses - T

I find it interesting that Houston still hasn't addressed the qb position

Could the Texans have drafted Fedorowicz as a possible trade of player for player with the Pats?

If the Texans trade Fedorowicz for Mallett, I think that would satisfy me since I hoped the Pats selected a TE in the first round or two.
Perhaps in retaliation.

Rappaport said they'd have taken Bortles, Mortreport says they'd have taken Manziel in the first and Peter King says that a team with a late 30s QB was looking for a replacement. Hmmm.

I know that just about none of us wanted a QB that early, but given that they did Garoppolo is a really good prospect. I had discounted him as a possibility just because of how high I thought he'd go.

BO'B is the two TE guru

If we can get Ellington at 93 I'd be happy. And obviously get whatever we can for Mallett.This drops his trade value though (if he had any to begin with)

Well we did not pick him at #62 to be a backup QB. IF he is the next franchise QB it is a great pick. If not it is a horrible pick.

Do you think GB regrets taking Aaron Rodgers?

Not mad at the QB pick. But I am not ready for the Brady years to come to an end soon.

As for weapons, I think we field a super solid team and a good chance for SB champion if we get some favorable bounces and not the injury bug. But remember, Tom didn't have a top weapon in the SB winning years, he just used what he had and put up 1 more point then the opponent.
Our offense sucked against a much weaker Broncos defense. Now they are a lot better on that side of the ball. We got Lafell. Are we relying on a shutdown defense?

I find it interesting that Houston still hasn't addressed the qb position
They will eventually I assume, I don't think they are getting mallett now it would make no sense for the pats to trade him now his value just decreased. Maybe get a late rounder project QB?

Rappaport said they'd have taken Bortles, Mortreport says they'd have taken Manziel in the first and Peter King says that a team with a late 30s QB was looking for a replacement. Hmmm.

wow this is interesting...

and there goes cj fiedorowicz, bring Jerry Jones for GM please

Miami just traded up to 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call