PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft: Day 2, Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd never draft coke. Exact opposite of what they want. Kids uncoachable. Crazy.

PAtriots 3rd round picks have been horrible lately, they trade back for value!! :p

Honestly, the 3rd round hasn't been our round for awhile so I am on board with getting more late picks and hope for the best. Maybe we find key contributors like ebner, slater, edelman, dennard, buchannon etc. Also, there are quite a few guys on my annual pats pick contest still available lol.

P.S. I was kind of expecting a qb today so i am not that bummed.

Steelers select Dre Archer - RB
Ouch, that one hurt. My coworker who is a Steeler's fan (sits next to me ), I showed him video of Dri Archer and thought the Pats might be smart enough to actually make a smart pick. Boy was I way off this year.

What the likely competition has done in days 1 & 2​

Pittsburgh:

Shazier
Tuitt
Archer

Baltimore:

Mosley
Jernigan
Brooks
Gillmore

Denver:

Roby
Lattimer
Schofield

Indy:

Mewhort
Moncrief

Cincy:

Dennard
Hill
Clarke

NYJ:

Pryor
Amaro
McDougle

Assuming they target the areas they deemed as deep? Yes. Brandon Coleman or Martavious Bryant makes this team. Coke Lyerla makes this team. Blake Annen makes this team, a developmental athlete/OL makes this team we could Use more speed, more youth on the line.

How many WRs are we going to carry?

Let's assume these guys are locks:

Edelman
Amendola
Dobson
Lafell
Boyce
Slater

Whoever we pick will have to beat out Thomkins, who looked pretty good in the beginning last season, who will only be more confident which will = better.

I'm fine loading up on OL and backup LBs. But the 6 picks we have tomorrow will have a really tough time making the team IMO and will only be a backup of the backup, unless we uncover some gems tomorrow.

Pittsburgh:

Shazier
Tuitt
Archer

Baltimore:

Mosley
Jernigan
Brooks
Gillmore

Denver:

Roby
Lattimer
Schofield

Indy:

Mewhort
Moncrief

Cincy:

Dennard
Hill
Clarke

NYJ:

Pryor
Amaro
McDougle

Only time will tell, but I like Pitt's draft the best. The jets only hit on Pryor imo and he will be nullified by Brady's intelligence and ball placement for the few years he will face him.

Pittsburgh:

Shazier
Tuitt
Archer

Baltimore:

Mosley
Jernigan
Brooks
Gillmore

Denver:

Roby
Lattimer
Schofield

Indy:

Mewhort
Moncrief

Cincy:

Dennard
Hill
Clarke

NYJ:

Pryor
Amaro
McDougle
Wow, I'm actually quite jealous of those teams. They actually know how to draft. I'm actually embarrassed for BB, he's actually finally lost it. I've been critical of his drafts in the past, but this has to go down as his alltime worst work and it's almost like they've put no effort into this draft. It's funny, I can't remember how many times I've read Patriot's fans here write, "Wow BB doesn't like the 201x draft, that can pretty much be used for every draft the last 10 years. 2012 and 2013 were shockingly good. Now we are back to normal crappy drafting. I truly wish the media had the balls to call him on his crappy drafting. Great Hall Of Fame Coach, horrible drafter.

How many WRs are we going to carry?

Let's assume these guys are locks:

Edelman
Amendola
Dobson
Lafell
Boyce
Slater

Whoever we pick will have to beat out Thomkins, who looked pretty good in the beginning last season, who will only be more confident which will = better.

I'm fine loading up on OL and backup LBs. But the 6 picks we have tomorrow will have a really tough time making the team IMO and will only be a backup of the backup, unless we uncover some gems tomorrow.

We could use an outside guy with size late. we only need one. Thompkins was a stop gap imo. Boyce has more ST value. We could use 2 rookie TE's late and a Keller signing. Logan Thomas and Coke will do. Lyerla could be the best TE in this draft. That isn't a radical stance.

Only time will tell, but I like Pitt's draft the best. The jets only hit on Pryor imo and he will be nullified by Brady's intelligence and ball placement for the few years he will face him.
I call BS. Pryor was a great pick and so was Jace Amaro. Amaro's gonna be a stud. Only Patsfans are too stupid to see that. Enough's enough, you can have a thread about the Jets sucking, but at least they use the draft to help fix their weaknesses unlike us. Honestly, BB didn't have to show up to work today and we could have done better.

If Roby's a player, that probably makes the Broncos the clear AFC favorite, and I like what the Steelers did, especially if Archer can survive in the slot.

I call BS. Pryor was a great pick and so was Jace Amaro. Amaro's gonna be a stud. Only Patsfans are too stupid to see that. Enough's enough, you can have a thread about the Jets sucking, but at least they use the draft to help fix their weaknesses unlike us. Honestly, BB didn't have to show up to work today and we could have done better.

Jets better, huh?

I was out all evening and just got back to find out what new shiny gifts were under my draft tree. After spend the day falling in love with our first round pick, I couldn't wait for the next 2 Pats rookies to join the deepening team building effort. Would it be a TE, or an offensive lineman. Perhaps it would be the LB we so desperately need for depth. No matter, whomever it would be I knew I'd be OK with it. There were just SO many good names left for us to pick.

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, why do you hate us so much ?????????????? There just can't be any reasonable explanation for what you did today. In a day we'd like to think we'd pick up 2 players who we'd hope would might eventually become starters, we take a questionable QB who won't see the field for the next THREE years to come in and back up the LAST 2nd day QB who STILL hasn't seen a significant snap in the last 3 years.

Now in ANOTHER effort to become king of the 3rd day, all we have left to look forward to are 7 picks 3rd day picks to see which will become the next Matthew Slater. :rolleyes:

BOTTOM LINE: I understand that underneath the rage, what didn't happen today isn't going to make or break our season. There are a lot of reasons to be very excited about the upcoming season. HOWEVER...... here's the thing. All of our rivals got better today. We DIDN'T.

If Roby's a player, that probably makes the Broncos the clear AFC favorite, and I like what the Steelers did, especially if Archer can survive in the slot.
Archer will get 10 touches a game and do damage. He doesn't need to be a full time slot guy. Change of pace RB, amazing return man, and catch a few passes. But very explosive and strong for his size. a GREAT draft choice. I would have felt a little better if WE had picked him.

Jets better than they were 2 days ago ? Hell yeah. Pats better than they were 2 days ago ? No way.

The Jets sucked 2 days ago. I don't know what the Pats salary situation is now or in the future, but maybe they need to hit on some low round, affordable picks. I think we've improved our defense between FA and the draft.

How about you take the Jets and I'll take the Pats this year and we'll see whose approach is better.

Jets better than they were 2 days ago ? Hell yeah. Pats better than they were 2 days ago ? No way.

Pats got better for the simple fact Easley > Vellano & Chris Jones.

So.....

Draft Christian Jones
Draft McCullers (or DaQuan Jones, though I prefer the big guy as a project)
Draft Trai Turner
Draft Pierre-Louis
Draft Colt Lyerla (then keep him away from Christian Jones)
Sign Keller after the draft
Sign Davin Joseph (or Richie Incognito or other legit veteran capable of starting) after the draft
Move Connolly to center

and things start to get interesting, both on and off the field.

edit: Turner's gone. Might as well add Pachan.

Last edited:
when jerry Jones makes a better GM job than bb, **** is getting pretty serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back