PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Conference Championship Game Thread

He had plenty of maneuverability in 2020. I doubt the reports of a full MCL tear are true. You never saw him grimace or look in pain that year. An i don't think it was ever confirmed by the Bucs but I could be wrong.
It's true. It was widely reported. He had a torn MCL for the entire 2020 season. He had it surgically repaired in February 2021, after he won the Super Bowl.

So you'd bin Lance and say goodbye to all that draft stock you spunked on the NDSU kid?
From what I've read, that's the likely outcome. Purdy is likely to become the starter, Lance likely to be a "developmental player". Lance may or may not ever get the job. Those draft picks are now a sunk cost.

The secondary conversation suggests that Shanny wanted Mac Jones, it was the front office that talked him into Lance, and it's been all down hill since then.

How come he didn't throw 5-10 yard passes in the GD game? Didn't do the team any good with him only throwing passes on the sideline only.

How come he didn't throw 5-10 yard passes in the GD game? Didn't do the team any good with him only throwing passes on the sideline only.

Because the backup option was better at that point. Are you this dumb?

It's true. It was widely reported. He had a torn MCL for the entire 2020 season. He had it surgically repaired in February 2021, after he won the Super Bowl.

Yeah reported by Brady's own people. The Bucs to my knowledge never confirmed the full MCL tear. And even Dr Chao said there was no way Brady had a full MCL tear and was still playing.

The secondary conversation suggests that Shanny wanted Mac Jones, it was the front office that talked him into Lance, and it's been all down hill since then.

Mac is kicking himself for not getting drafted by SF.

Because the backup option was better at that point. Are you this dumb?
The "backup" was concussed on the first series of the second half. He legitimately could not play. Purdy had the ball early in the 3rd quarter with the team down 14. They did nothing offensively. Didn't even try a single "5-10 yard pass" that Purdy said after the game he could throw. But apparently only on the sideline. Make sense :rolleyes: .

Yeah reported by Brady's own people. The Bucs to my knowledge never confirmed the full MCL tear. And even Dr Chao said there was no way Brady had a full MCL tear and was still playing.
He had it surgically repaired. That happened. "Brady's people" aren't making it up.

The "backup" was concussed on the first series of the second half. He legitimately could not play. Purdy had the ball early in the 3rd quarter with the team down 14. They did nothing offensively. Didn't even try a single "5-10 yard pass" that Purdy said after the game he could throw. But apparently only on the sideline. Make sense :rolleyes: .

Did you take stupid pills this morning? If you go into the game and try to throw 5-10 yard passes with a torn or damaged UCL you are going to risk making the injury worse. Yeah real smart to expose yourself to Hassan Reddick again in that situation.

He had it surgically repaired. That happened. "Brady's people" aren't making it up.

It was a knee procedure. Again the Bucs didn't confirm that it was an MCL tear. And his MCL tear didn't prevent him from walking around drunk during the Bucs super bowl parade. He looked fine then. No limp whatsoever.

Did you take stupid pills this morning?
I'm trying to be nice because Ian thinks even you are deserving of polite discourse but you're making it really difficult.

If you go into the game and try to throw 5-10 yard passes with a torn or damaged UCL you are going to risk making the injury worse. Yeah real smart to expose yourself to Hassan Reddick again in that situation.
He was making those throws on the sideline. If he was so petrified of getting hit by Reddick again then he should have stayed on the sideline. McCaffrey's their emergency quarterback, oh well, just go with it because otherwise you were basically quitting with Purdy remaining in the game.

It was a knee procedure. Again the Bucs didn't confirm that it was an MCL tear. And his MCL tear didn't prevent him from walking around drunk during the Bucs super bowl parade. He looked fine then. No limp whatsoever.
Brady confirmed it. He had surgery. Good enough for me. You think he had surgery without the team's involvement? How exactly did you want the team to confirm it? The surgery happened in the offseason.

I'm trying to be nice because Ian thinks even you are deserving of polite discourse but you're making it really difficult.

Oh really. What was that name you called me a few days ago?

He was making those throws on the sideline. If he was so petrified of getting hit by Reddick again then he should have stayed on the sideline. McCaffrey's their emergency quarterback, oh well, just go with it because otherwise you were basically quitting with Purdy remaining in the game.

THey had no choice as McCaffrey wasn't ready. They were going with Purdy and he was just going to hand off the ball the rest of the game.

Brady confirmed it. He had surgery. Good enough for me. You think he had surgery without the team's involvement? How exactly did you want the team to confirm it? The surgery happened in the offseason.

Having clean up surgery isn't the same as surgery on an MCL tear. Again Brady throughtout the 2020 had plenty of mobility - he was running for first downs and was acted like a drunken sailor during the super bowl parade.

Oh really. What was that name you called me a few days ago?
I know. There was a conversation about that. I get it. Ian's trying to clean up the personal attacks so I'm trying to respect that.

THey had no choice as McCaffrey wasn't ready. They were going with Purdy and he was just going to hand off the ball the rest of the game.
McCaffrey's the emergency quarterback so he should have been ready. If he wasn't then someone needs to take blame for that. Also, Josh Johnson is a total bum, only an exceptionally arrogant head coach would think he could win with Johnson. They should have had a more equipped quarterback behind Purdy. Apparently they didn't learn their lesson with Garoppolo. I thought it was a disgrace the way things unfolded for the 49ers yesterday.

Having clean up surgery isn't the same as surgery on an MCL tear. Again Brady throughtout the 2020 had plenty of mobility - he was running for first downs and was acted like a drunken sailor during the super bowl parade.
You said that already. We're not going to agree on this. Brady said it was an MCL tear and he had it surgically repaired (and I'm sure he went through the team process for this). It's evident to me this happened. You don't have to believe it.

Mac is kicking himself for not getting drafted by SF.
Seemed he knew that was off the table long before the draft.

McCaffrey's the emergency quarterback so he should have been ready. If he wasn't then someone needs to take blame for that. Also, Josh Johnson is a total bum, only an exceptionally arrogant head coach would think he could win with Johnson. They should have had a more equipped quarterback behind Purdy. Apparently they didn't learn their lesson with Garoppolo. I thought it was a disgrace the way things unfolded for the 49ers yesterday.

None of this is on Purdy

You said that already. We're not going to agree on this. Brady said it was an MCL tear and he had it surgically repaired (and I'm sure he went through the team process for this). It's evident to me this happened. You don't have to believe it.

Then he should have been better in 42 with a high ankle sprain. Look at what Mahomes did yesterday. I'm not buying a MCL tear, at least a full one. We know Brady lies about a lot of stuff.

None of this is on Purdy

Then he should have been better in 42 with a high ankle sprain. Look at what Mahomes did yesterday. I'm not buying a MCL tear, at least a full one. We know Brady lies about a lot of stuff.

When has Brady ever played up an injury in his life.

None of this is on Purdy
If he has a major injury (which I doubt) then he won't be ready next season. Plus SF has be overly sensitive about QB injuries since it's been a reoccurring issue for the team. They should bring in a veteran upper tier quarterback to put the team over the top. They're built to win everywhere except at the most important position.

What are you talking about now? SB 42 again? My god.

I saw what Mahomes did yesterday. He gets credit for toughing it out but it's being blown out of proportion. He had great protection most of the game which mitigated his mobility and scrambling limitations. His final numbers look good but he was lucky they won because his embarrassing fumble got the Bengals back in the game. Major assist from the despicable officiating crew that should be suspended pending investigation.

Mahomes is a great player who I've believed will win multiple Super Bowls (2-4) and I think he gets his second this year. The AFC is the much better conference so I was picking any team that came out of that playoff. Also I thought Hurts was thoroughly unimpressive yesterday. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up this postseason (138 passing yards per game). He'll needs to play his absolute best to beat Mahomes in the Super Bowl.

When has Brady ever played up an injury in his life.
Never. Usually we didn't know about them until after the season. He got his hand ripped wide open in practice before a playoff game and Belichick made it sound like he had minor blister.

None of this is on Purdy

Brady played well enough to win in Super Bowl 42. Gave Bill's defense the lead and they blew it.

If he has a major injury (which I doubt) then he won't be ready next season. Plus SF has be overly sensitive about QB injuries since it's been a reoccurring issue for the team. They should bring in a veteran upper tier quarterback to put the team over the top. They're built to win everywhere except at the most important position.

What are you talking about now? SB 42 again? My god.

I saw what Mahomes did yesterday. He gets credit for toughing it out but it's being blown out of proportion. He had great protection most of the game which mitigated his mobility and scrambling limitations. His final numbers look good but he was lucky they won because his embarrassing fumble got the Bengals back in the game. Major assist from the despicable officiating crew that should be suspended pending investigation.

Mahomes is a great player who I've believed will win multiple Super Bowls (2-4) and I think he gets his second this year. The AFC is the much better conference so I was picking any team that came out of that playoff. Also I thought Hurts was thoroughly unimpressive yesterday. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up this postseason (138 passing yards per game). He'll needs to play his absolute best to beat Mahomes in the Super Bowl.

Just stop with the officiating. Brady has gotten plenty of calls go his way before. He got hit on the shoulder in the 2018 AFCCG and the Chiefs were called for roughing the passer, blow to the head/neck area.

Brady played well enough to win in Super Bowl 42. Gave Bill's defense the lead and they blew it.

Sorry, 1 TD pass is not "well enough." And the only reason he even got that 1 TD was because the Giants defender slipped on the play. For 99% of the game he was crap.

Just stop with the officiating. Brady has gotten plenty of calls go his way before. He got hit on the shoulder in the 2018 AFCCG and the Chiefs were called for roughing the passer, blow to the head/neck area.
Does it matter what Brady may or may not have gotten in the past? The refs missed about 5 penalties against the Giants on the helmet catch play.

But I'm talking about this game where the officiating was totally incompetent and skewed heavily in favor the Chiefs (especially after the game was tied 20-20... that's interesting timing). The Bengals also didn't help their cause in the end so they have some looking in the mirror to do.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back