PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEXT year's draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree with you. They will certainly be looking at guys who have the potential of a Seymour or Julius Peppers, depending on how badly the Raiders finish.

They had a chance to grab Bryant this year and I guess they passed because of his inability to run precise routes. But, no kid with those measurables comes into the NFL with the ability to run those routes (other than Larry Fitzgerald). Calvin Johnson was not noted as a crisp route runner. So, how are guys like Michael Floyd any different than Dez Bryant? (other than being late for practice).

I don't think that it's a given that the Raiders will suck. They drafted well this year, and traded for Jason Campbell. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're contending in the AFCW this season.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't bad luck. But I'm calling it early. Cameron Heyward, Ohio State is my first binky. :)

I hope this isn't bad luck. But I'm calling it early. Cameron Heyward, Ohio State is my first binky. :)

PSU's OL struggled this year against Iowa and Ohio St. But, he looked like a man playing amongst boys that day. He absolutely killed us. They moved him up and down the line. Came at PSU from all angles. And, they totally shut PSU offense down. He certainly looks the part. How bout we take him with our first pick and trade up to get our wr like J. Baldwin or M.Floyd with our 2nd pick. I'm assuming AJ Green and J.Jones are top 10. Will be out of reach to trade up for.

i think the pats will have two top 20 picks in the first round no top 10 picks and i see him tradeing away one of the #1's and tradeing down with one of the #2's so i don't see BB drafting any one in the top 10 any time soon.

I'm hopin they have pick #1 and pick # 32...and I dont think its going to be the raiders that give them pick number 32.

I don't think that it's a given that the Raiders will suck. They drafted well this year, and traded for Jason Campbell. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're contending in the AFCW this season.
Whos the coach again, some guy named Cable?

I feel like I've been living on another planet not realizing Maurkice Pouncey has a twin brother that plays center for Florida. A probable 1st round pick.

Last edited:
I don't want to argue about which playoff teams are better than the others. But, suffice to say. All of them way better than Oakland. Here's my guesses.
Wild Cards
21. NYJ - Good off-season.
22. Pitt - Maybe, Ben got the hint about getting his act togetherYes, but he's still going to miss 4-6 games. I don't have much faith in Batch or Leftwich. I think the AFC East puts three teams in the playoffs this year.
23. Atlanta - I like M.Ryan and what they're doing.
24. GB - Continue to get better off solid season.
Division Winners
25. Arizona - Someone has to win that division. Could really miss K.Warner Understatement. Bad as that division is, I can't see them winning it with Leinart/Anderson at QB (and without Dansby). Give it to the 49ers.
26. NE - Didn't think I was going to put us behind Jesters did ya?
27. Baltimore - Boldin helps. Flacco better improve. Wasn't so hot last year.
28. SD - Appear to have taken a step back. Lost A.Cromartie and LT. If Williams is healthy at NT will make up for it.Unless I'm mistaken, Jamal Williams is now in Denver. Their offense should be good as ever, though.
29. Dallas - Don't see them falling back at all.
30. Minny - Obviously, I have Favre coming back. If not, Give GB division and Giants the
wild card.
31. Indy - They always win at least 12 games.
32. NO - Giving champs their props. Better watch out for Falcons though.

Just a few quick thoughts.

I am going to keep an eye on Jared Crick.....I want to see what he does without Suh there but I believe he will be a monster and a good 3-4 DE with plenty of strength and speed.....

A. J. Green is the next Randy Moss, once again he is going to be saddled this year with a bad QB which should allow him to drop to the Oakland pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News