New Strength & Conditioning Coach and 2016 Injury Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Moses leads Patriots to promised land?

After five years of bad injury luck, Patriots are finally one of the healthiest in NFL

"Well, we’re halfway through the season and at this point, you can look at the numbers, I’m sure you have, relative to where we were a year ago, and see there is a significant improvement,” Belichick said. “Hopefully we will be able to maintain that through the second half of the season when we ran into some trouble last year."

It seems like things are the best injury wise since Mike Woicik left.

i didn't realize we changed S&C coach...here's to hoping this trend continues this year...and next year...and the year after...and the year after that (you catch my drift)

Moses leads Patriots to promised land?

After five years of bad injury luck, Patriots are finally one of the healthiest in NFL

"Well, we’re halfway through the season and at this point, you can look at the numbers, I’m sure you have, relative to where we were a year ago, and see there is a significant improvement,” Belichick said. “Hopefully we will be able to maintain that through the second half of the season when we ran into some trouble last year."

I was really encouraged by that interview -- BB was saying what I've been thinking for years. Yes, the NFL is a collision sport and that will have consequences, but there's no excuse for having above-average levels of ligament and soft-tissue injury.

On the other hand, the new strength and conditioning coach is an internal promotion and they've got a long way to go to catch up with the best soccer practices.

I've mentioned it in casual conversations with other fans; whatever our S&C program was, it wasn't working. I'm very happy to see this relatively injury free streak isn't totally about luck.

8 games remaining. Let's cross our fingers.

I'm glad they finally replaced the old strength and conditioning coach Patches O'Houlihan.
images

Last edited:
To be fair, this is after 8 games. After 19 games with Gugs as the OL coach, we had a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST