PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Statistical Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, but for the playoff teams they're now facing this game is also their season, as it is for the Pats, so I'm not quite sure if the analogy still applies. Either way, I suspect the remaining game(s) will be closer than most folks on this board believe. For this one upcoming, I think a lot of it may hinge on the health of Big John Henderson--anyone have any updates on that?

Of course it applies. The Pats have been playing playoff type games for the past 6. I am not expecting blow outs in any of the remaining 3 games, but I am expecting the Pats resolve and experience to overcome any adversity.

...and when that fails, don't forget the refs' hankies against Jax late in the 4th. You heard it here first....

Well, at least you can use their hankies to dry your crying eyes.

...and when that fails, don't forget the refs' hankies against Jax late in the 4th. You heard it here first....

a little paranoid, are we?:scared:

In games where either Matt Gutierrez or Matt Cassel (or both) plays the Patriots outscore their opponents by an average of 30.2 points, however in games where neither of them play the Patriots outscore opponents by a mere 13.4 points.

I guess that guy who voted for Favre got it right, Brady is a drain on the team.

Nice work on this one, GiaGH. I don't know how I missed it, probably because I bought into all the media hype and just foolishly assumed that Brady made the team better. I know better now.

Since this was a bye week, I had some time on my hands, so I was poking around the official team stats for the Pats, and found a couple of interesting stats about some players that I hadn't seen anywhere else, so I though I would share them with you. I don't claim to be as thorough or knowledgeable as some other posters in here, so feel free to fact-check this but:

In games where Welker has more than 50 yds receiving in a game, the Pats are 10-0. When he has less than 50 yds in a game, they are only 5-0.

In games where Rodney Harrison played, the Pats are 12-0. Kind of shows you his value, eh? Likewise, when Seymour started a game, the Pats were 8-0, but when he didn't start, they were 8-0. Go figure.

When Kelly Washington blocks a put, the Pats have yet to lose.

Heath Evans has 2 or more carries in eight games this season, and each time the Pats have won.

When Vrabel has at least one sack and 5 or more tackles (solo and asstd combined) the Pats are 5-0. In games where he has a sack, without reference to tackles, the team is 7-0 (8-0 including preseason:D ). But, and here is where it gets confusing for me a bit, in games where Vrabel doesn't have a sack, they are undefeated.

Crazy, huh?:rocker:
LMFAO. Brilliant parody!

The Pats are 2-0 in games against the Manning brothers, and 14-0 in the rest. However, they are only 1-0 in games against the whiner brothers (Rivers, LT, etc). So dang, we better hope Indy wins this week. :eek:

I took the time to chart one of these statistics. Hope it makes things less confusing.

Attachments

• syharr.JPG
    syharr.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 74
I took the time to chart one of these statistics. Hope it makes things less confusing.

Rodney is 50% more important than Seymour, and therefore should earn 50% of what Rodney is earning. SEYMOUR IS OVERPAID! DUMP HIM WHILE HIS VALUE IS HIGH!

In weeks during this season that Mercury Morris has sounded like a moron, the Pats are undefeated. On the weeks that Morris has sounded rational, the Pats are unplayed.

Brandon Meriweather is a keeper, this rookie simply refuses to lose! His winning % is off the charts, you can't quantify or put a stat on intangibles and this kid is full of'em.

Last edited:
In weeks during this season that Mercury Morris has sounded like a moron, the Pats are undefeated. On the weeks that Morris has sounded rational, the Pats are unplayed.

Flawed Stat-Morris did not sound rational last week or week 10.

Patriots are undefeated this year in games in which Tom Brady is on the injury report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back