PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowpointer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Believe it or not I am a member of the Orange Mane (Denver Broncos fan site). When the Pats played at Denver twice last year I was invited by one of the members I met in Denver to join their site. I am one of 2 regular Patriots fan posters. I was a guest at both games of a guy who calls himself Meck77 and his sidekick Disco Man. The Orange Bus they bring to the Bronco games is shown on their site www.orangeforceone.com. They are actually going to be in a Sports Illustrated article this fall. The Orange Mane site is under repair this week and I needed my football fix so I figured I should finally join a Patriots fan site and I stumbled on this one. I am a season ticket holder since 1990 and usually go to 2 away games as well (Green Bay and Miami this year). The big game I have circled is of course the Bronco game . For those of you at that Playoff game you know how surreal it was. They opened the parking lots at 8:00 am for a 6:00 kick off. Lets say I was very happy when they lost the next week with all the nonsense (and objects ) that were thrown at me during and after the game. On that site there a some great guys but some not so great guys as well. They think that since they beat us twice last year that they slayed the dragon. They have no idea that the Beast is alive and well and waiting for them on Sept 24th. These guys are coming out for the game (orange wigs and all) and will be with us in the P-10 lot. It should a great night :D

On that site there a some great guys but some not so great guys as well. [/QUOTE said:
You will find exactly the same here. As far as the abuse you took just to show your Patriots pride.....My friend, I commend you.

Ironically, this is the most slow week I've seen this summer! But hopefully, you'll stay around longer than a week, and let us know what the Denver Pigs are talking about (that's what my wife calls them, because of the dirty leg breaking tactics).

Welcome to the board.

Your friends are going to be in for a rude awakening this year. In spite of all of our injuries, we very well could have made it back to the SB but we turned the ball over.

Plus it was revealed that Brady was playing with a sports hernia.

Anyway, they wil not win it all with Jake as a QB and Cutler is going to need afew years. But, they will havea good team.

Welcome!

here's a hint:
Brady is god anything less will not be tolerated (Keep quiet about him being a yankees fan...)

Welker83 said:
here's a hint:
Here's another hint : Welker83 is a Dolphin fan who's evidently very bored.

Welcome to the board...I'm the resident anti-anti-Patriots fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Welker83 said:
Welcome!

here's a hint:
Brady is god anything less will not be tolerated (Keep quiet about him being a yankees fan...)
You know I didn't even know who Welker was until I was tailgating in Miami last year and all this Dolphin fan kept talking about was "Welker does this and Welker does that ect..." Brady is god. If you want to entertain yourself go on the Orange mane and say Montana was better than Elway. It gets very nasty very quickly and very funny to watch.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Ironically, this is the most slow week I've seen this summer! But hopefully, you'll stay around longer than a week, and let us know what the Denver Pigs are talking about (that's what my wife calls them, because of the dirty leg breaking tactics).
They get pissed when you call them out on the chop blocking. They actually think they can put Cobbs in their system and he will be successful.:rofl:

Cobbs might be successful if the Pigs break enough legs.......

One thing that the Denver fans like to repeat, which Mark Shlereth said recently in defense of cut-blocking is that 'other teams are just jealous of us.'

Yeah, and I'm jealous of the common thug who robs 7-11. Give me a break. I'm not jealous of any such behavior. Get real!

Imagine what the league would be like if all 32 teams blocked exactly like the Broncos.

Too bad we don't have a Competition Committee, or they would do something about it.

Last edited:
hey...wait a minute...I don't rob 7-11's

BelichickFan said:
Here's another hint : Welker83 is a Dolphin fan who's evidently very bored.

How did you guess? I'm so bored im looking forward to the eagles opening Training camp!

Crowpointer said:
They get pissed when you call them out on the chop blocking. They actually think they can put Cobbs in their system and he will be successful.:rofl:

Well there are/were a ton of people here who thought he was the next greatest undiscovered under-rated talent, so they'd find some kindred spirits here

as far as me, I'm always chagrinned by the number of 3rd string backups who so many fans think is the best thing since sliced bread - whether its Davey, Cobbs, Bishop - the list goes on and on, and I suppose its a common issue with other team fans too

Welker83 said:
How did you guess? I'm so bored im looking forward to the eagles opening Training camp!
I hate that you seem to fit in so well around here. ;)

By the way, welcome Crowpointer. Keep in mind you picked a strange and chaotic time to visit us. It seems to get nuttier and nastier around here the longer we go without any real football... just weeks before camp is pretty much the apex of strangeness. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I hate that you seem to fit in so well around here. ;)

By the way, welcome Crowpointer. Keep in mind you picked a strange and chaotic time to visit us. It seems to get nuttier and nastier around here the longer we go without any real football... just weeks before camp is pretty much the apex of strangeness. :D
I remember you. You were on the Orange mane twice last year the weeks before the games with the Broncos. Very funny stuff right up until the days we lost. Love the avatar (thats how I remember you). Looking forward to being a regular poster.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Cobbs might be successful if the Pigs break enough legs.......

One thing that the Denver fans like to repeat, which Mark Shlereth said recently in defense of cut-blocking is that 'other teams are just jealous of us.'

Yeah, and I'm jealous of the common thug who robs 7-11. Give me a break. I'm not jealous of any such behavior. Get real!

Imagine what the league would be like if all 32 teams blocked exactly like the Broncos.

Too bad we don't have a Competition Committee, or they would do something about it.
Ring,

I've got one for Nut's definition forum that applies to your points:

CUT block: a legal block below the waste used to take a defensive player's legs out from under him. The technique looks similar to the old cross-body block with the offensive player turning his body to present a greater body surface area in a bid to trip up the defensive player; a favorite technique of zone blocking teams (including the NE Patriots) to slow backside pursuit and edge rushers (especially on throws to the flat, the OTs will cut the edge rush to force them to lower their arms to maintain balance and clear the throwing lane). In 2005 this was an effective technique against Vince Wilfork, leading him to belly flop several times a game - hopefully he has worked on his recognition and response in the off-season.

CHOP block: an illegal tactic involving two blockers, one to block high and one to dive into the defensive player's legs while he is occupied with the other blocker. Reputedly a favorite tactic of the Denver Broncos (The Refs missed/ignored what looked like a chop block against Warren in the regular season game).

That naughty Pats1 likes to get me all twisted around when he writes about cut blocks and means chop blocks, so your in good company. Dante's boys need to be good cut blockers, especially when Tommy wants to hit his receivers on quick slants and hot reads where the defenders can shut down the throwing lane just by raising their arms on the line of scrimmage. It is a thing of beauty to watch Brady taking a one or three step drop, the receiver take one or two steps across the line, and the OT dive into the DE's shins to trip him and force his arms down - QB, Receiver, and OT all in sinc to make a 1 or two yard completion and give the receiver a chance to make somes moves and get upfield.

Box,

Your football knowledge is duly recorded. Chop block it is. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back