PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Jets stadium will be top-heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiral

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
with a full upper level and empty lower and mezzanine levels. Check out this thread from JI:

Has anyone on this board purchased PSL Club Seats? - Jets Insider.com Forums

No one wants to pay $4,000 or $5,000 for mezzanine or LL PSLs. Ten-year plus LL season ticket holders will not be able to buy season tix (w/o PSLs) in upper level, since that's where everyone wants to buy tickets. Another manifestation of incompetent and greedy ownership. Dear Woody: You're doing a great job. Please keep it up for another 20 years or so.

Re: New Jets Stadium Will Be Top Heavy...

Yes, the Jets are owned and led by buffoons. May it ever be so. But, I can't say I enjoyed reading those posts by Jets fans. I suppose some of them are human beings (on a couple good days every few years).

Ok, I know they're Jets fans, but wow, thats sad. One guy has had seats for 41 years, and is losing them because they are now going to be "coaches club seats" (whatever the hell that is).

Fans who have been supportive of a team for that many years, should be treated like royalty by the front office. Not told they need to cough up 20k, plus 700 for tickets every game. Thats BS.

As I recall, some of the fans here had to give up tickets when the Razor opened, because of the whole club seat crap. As much as i love what Kraft has done for NE, he is not above pricing long time fans out of their seats. This sort of crap really needs to stop. Its the fans that allow everyone in sports to be paid those huge salaries..........ok im done ranting :mad:

Its unfortuniate that the NFL is pricing out the fan.. Even the Pats seats and parking have gotten way out of hand.. 1 game a year for me and that is it, watch it on direct tv...

Ok, I know they're Jets fans, but wow, thats sad. One guy has had seats for 41 years, and is losing them because they are now going to be "coaches club seats" (whatever the hell that is).

Fans who have been supportive of a team for that many years, should be treated like royalty by the front office. Not told they need to cough up 20k, plus 700 for tickets every game. Thats BS.

As I recall, some of the fans here had to give up tickets when the Razor opened, because of the whole club seat crap. As much as i love what Kraft has done for NE, he is not above pricing long time fans out of their seats. This sort of crap really needs to stop. Its the fans that allow everyone in sports to be paid those huge salaries..........ok im done ranting :mad:

Although I have finally gave up my seats because of pricing (and I got hosed for seats when we moved to the new stadium too), I do think Kraft overall has kept his pricing reasonable considering he foot the bill for his new stadium and didn't charge PSLs.

My giving up the seats had to do with cost along with the time to invest in going to the game. I was finding I was only going to 2-4 games a season and selling or giving away the rest of my tickets. I just found that I could just add my name to the waiting list and use the ticket exchange for the few games I went and always got better seats. And when you factor the two crappy preseason games that I rarely went to and either ate the tickets or gave them away, the cost per seat was cheaper this way even if I sit in a more expensive section than I had.

I can't see ever paying thousands of dollars just for the rights to own tickets.

On another note...Ive seen some cam shots and pictures of their new stadium and it looks almost like their old stadium. You would think spending that much money on a stadium they could make an upgrade in terms of looks. O well I guess it runs right in line with their motto. "Same Ol' Jets" :D

Yeah, what a shame. :rolleyes: I might feel bad if it was any team other than the Jets. But those folks at JI are so ridiculously anti-Pats that I couldn't care less if those pricks can't even watch the games on TV anymore. Keep calling us cheaters and chowds while watching the game from your awesome rec room in your garage on longoiland and revelling in the glory days of Namath and, uh.. Namath? Go shave your head again, Fireman Douchebag.

Who cares. Jets fans are far more interested in getting trashed before the game than actually viewing the game.

Who cares. Jets fans are far more interested in getting trashed before the game than actually viewing the game.

Now they might have to go to the Ba-Da-Bing instead of seeing skanky hooters during halftime.

As I recall, some of the fans here had to give up tickets when the Razor opened, because of the whole club seat crap. As much as i love what Kraft has done for NE, he is not above pricing long time fans out of their seats.:

Why should he be? When there are 10 year+ waiting lists for seats, why should certain people get to hang onto them?

Its unfortuniate that the NFL is pricing out the fan.. Even the Pats seats and parking have gotten way out of hand.. 1 game a year for me and that is it, watch it on direct tv...

Every single game is sold out. They're pricing you out, not the fan.

If someone wouldn't mind, I am still fuzzy on the PSL thing (since NE doesn't have it, I rarely bother paying a ton of attention to it). What does paying for the PSL actually do for you? Do you have to pay it every year? Does the amout you pay for the PSL go towards the tickets you purchase?

Every single game is sold out. They're pricing you out, not the fan.

Agreed. Its suppy and demand. Years ago, I came to peace with the fact that pro sporting events are too much money for me. I have other priorities when it comes to my disposable income.

When it comes to football, I don't begrudge the salaries that the players make. It is a violent game and players risk serious injury on every play. However, IMO, baseball players are grossly overpaid and I would never consider shelling out $50-$75 to see a baseball game.

If someone wouldn't mind, I am still fuzzy on the PSL thing (since NE doesn't have it, I rarely bother paying a ton of attention to it). What does paying for the PSL actually do for you? Do you have to pay it every year? Does the amout you pay for the PSL go towards the tickets you purchase?

Buying the PSL enables you to pay for seats. It's a one-time fee that doesn't go towards anything, but it does give the holder exclusive rights to the seat. The owner of the PSL can sell it later and theoretically make a profit.

I think.

Yeah, what a shame. :rolleyes: I might feel bad if it was any team other than the Jets. But those folks at JI are so ridiculously anti-Pats that I couldn't care less if those pricks can't even watch the games on TV anymore. Keep calling us cheaters and chowds while watching the game from your awesome rec room in your garage on longoiland and revelling in the glory days of Namath and, uh.. Namath? Go shave your head again, Fireman Douchebag.

Namath is god!

Buying the PSL enables you to pay for seats. It's a one-time fee that doesn't go towards anything, but it does give the holder exclusive rights to the seat. The owner of the PSL can sell it later and theoretically make a profit.

I think.

That is correct.

with a full upper level and empty lower and mezzanine levels. Check out this thread from JI:

Has anyone on this board purchased PSL Club Seats? - Jets Insider.com Forums

No one wants to pay $4,000 or $5,000 for mezzanine or LL PSLs. Ten-year plus LL season ticket holders will not be able to buy season tix (w/o PSLs) in upper level, since that's where everyone wants to buy tickets. Another manifestation of incompetent and greedy ownership. Dear Woody: You're doing a great job. Please keep it up for another 20 years or so.

it will prolly look slightly more full then our stadium did before 2001!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back