PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots Roster Projection 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrance Knighton congratulated Anthony Johnson it was nice said he was truly happy for him and told him the world would see what he saw.
Knighton was a good dude just outplayed by his protege and other younger players.

Does anyone think ninko is gone?

Most who project cutting King are instead keeping Jonathan Jones, who looked like a demon gunner in preseason games.

Among King, Slater, Ebner, Bolden, KGH and J. Jones, something's gotta give.

Eggs-actly, BatChick.

We have plenty of ST "aces"(snicker) already, and Brandon King has sucked during the preseason games.
He's missed tackles and taken penalties in every game in which he has participated. Good riddance.

This doesn't look bad for D Roberts vs LeBlanc. Together with the BB praise earlier ...
Strangely no JJ on the list. He wasn't targeted much which might be a good sign they are afraid of his speed.
Yesterday he was bored in the 2nd half ... and at the end let TD, closely contested though.

This is indeed a dead heat ...

This doesn't look bad for D Roberts vs LeBlanc. Together with the BB praise earlier ...
Strangely no JJ on the list. He wasn't targeted much which might be a good sign they are afraid of his speed.
Yesterday he was bored in the 2nd half ... and at the end let TD, closely contested though.

This is indeed a dead heat ...

JJ is 7th from the bottom.

Cyrus' numbers look bad but almost 50% of it is one catch.

JJ, LeBlanc and Roberts all look good. Roberts had the bad PI and JJ the TD but the coverage was there.

Coleman under 50% comp vs. He sucks on the outside. Keep him inside and he'll be ok.

Mingo needs to cover WRs :p

Coleman is good in the slot doesnt have the speed for the outside.
That said if this is a glaring weakness do you keep him over Jones Roberts or Leblanc?

Things to make you go hmm.
On a side note the Cardinals secondary is in shambles traded for Marcus Cooper Rutgers man I wish Brady was the QB that game.
Any cornerback we cut will more than likely go there.

image.jpeg
Eggs-actly, BatChick.

We have plenty of ST "aces"(snicker) already, and Brandon King has sucked during the preseason games.
He's missed tackles and taken penalties in every game in which he has participated. Good riddance.

Eggs-actly, BatChick.

And now every time patchick posts, my mind will see...

8d19fd192dd0e12c87feeed8f68b0ca1.jpg

:cool::D;):)

...Knighton was a good dude just outplayed by his protege and other younger players.
He wasn't out-played by the older, crazier Alan Branch, however.
There is no reason why Branch is still on the team and Pork Chop isn't.

I have been very impressed with Anthony Johnson this year. Really hoping bb keeps him.

Ps: thuney had been a stud at log so far.

Suspensions plus PUP lists can resolve most of the questions by giving several extra weeks for the tryout period. In that vein, a lot of the "close" cuts could be determined almost entirely by BB's estimation of which back-end players are more likely to get claimed. For example, does he think LeBlanc is more likely to be grabbed than Rufus Johnson, or vice versa?

With that in mind, this 53 (there are actually a couple of decisions I don't expect to happen, but I played it straight, rather than making those guesses) seems as solid a guess as any:

QB (2) J.Brissett, J.Garoppolo
RB (6) B.Bolden, J.Develin, D.Foster, J.White, T.Gaffney, L.Blount
WR (5) J.Edelman, M.Slater, K.Martin, M.Mitchell, C.Hogan
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, A.Derby, M.Bennett
C (1) D.Andrews
G (4) S.Mason, J.Thuney, J.Cooper, J.Kline
T (4) N.Solder, L.Waddle, C.Fleming, M.Cannon
DE (3) J.Sheard, T.Flowers, C.Long
DT (4) M.Brown, A.Branch, V.Valentine, A.Johnson
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(5) J.Collins, B.Mingo, K.Grugier-Hill, J.Freeny, S.McClellin
CB (7) M.Butler, J.Coleman, C.Jones, D.Roberts, J.Jones, C.LeBlanc, L.Ryan
SS (3) P.Chung, J.Richards, N.Ebner
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona
Suspensions (2) T. Brady, R. Ninkovich
PUP (4) D. Lewis, S. Vollmer, T. Jackson, D. Amendola

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: http://patsfans.com/patspicker

Coleman is good in the slot doesnt have the speed for the outside.
That said if this is a glaring weakness do you keep him over Jones Roberts or Leblanc?
My (likely way off) take on the four:

Coleman--Has always been a front runner in terms of making the roster. Did well as a rookie last year and deserves a longer look. Belichick may have been trying to pull an Arrington by giving him some outside reps, due to the drafting of C.Jones, emergency looks, or both.

Roberts vs. J.Jones--This may be the real battle here. Jones may have the upper hand due to strong play as a gunner.

LeBlanc--Has played well enough to earn a practice squad position, assuming a better opportunity doesn't come along in the meantime.

Suspensions plus PUP lists can resolve most of the questions by giving several extra weeks for the tryout period. In that vein, a lot of the "close" cuts could be determined almost entirely by BB's estimation of which back-end players are more likely to get claimed. For example, does he think LeBlanc is more likely to be grabbed than Rufus Johnson, or vice versa?

With that in mind, this 53 (there are actually a couple of decisions I don't expect to happen, but I played it straight, rather than making those guesses) seems as solid a guess as any:

QB (2) J.Brissett, J.Garoppolo
RB (6) B.Bolden, J.Develin, D.Foster, J.White, T.Gaffney, L.Blount
WR (5) J.Edelman, M.Slater, K.Martin, M.Mitchell, C.Hogan
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, A.Derby, M.Bennett
C (1) D.Andrews
G (4) S.Mason, J.Thuney, J.Cooper, J.Kline
T (4) N.Solder, L.Waddle, C.Fleming, M.Cannon
DE (3) J.Sheard, T.Flowers, C.Long
DT (4) M.Brown, A.Branch, V.Valentine, A.Johnson
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(5) J.Collins, B.Mingo, K.Grugier-Hill, J.Freeny, S.McClellin
CB (7) M.Butler, J.Coleman, C.Jones, D.Roberts, J.Jones, C.LeBlanc, L.Ryan
SS (3) P.Chung, J.Richards, N.Ebner
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona
Suspensions (2) T. Brady, R. Ninkovich
PUP (4) D. Lewis, S. Vollmer, T. Jackson, D. Amendola

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: http://patsfans.com/patspicker

Nice 53 man mock and analysis.

I think that we may be one short at ILB, which could be Elandon Roberts, depending on the severity of his injury where he returned to the game on Thursday.

Also, I'd be surprised if 12 DBs were kept, particularly with 7 CBs. As you've already mentioned, this is due to a longer tryout period "luxury" stemming from the two suspensions. Personally, I can see one more CB, but not two. Just my humble opinion.

Nice 53 man mock and analysis.

I think that we may be one short at ILB, which could be Elandon Roberts, depending on the severity of his injury where he returned to the game on Thursday.

Also, I'd be surprised if 12 DBs were kept, particularly with 7 CBs. As you've already mentioned, this is due to a longer tryout period "luxury" stemming from the two suspensions. Personally, I can see one more CB, but not two. Just my humble opinion.

Also have to plan out for Ryans replacement next year. I say Roberts will work best oppo Butler. Coleman in the slot with Jones taking over mideason or 1/4. It's always about the figures in NE so Ryans replacement is on the roster as of now IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents