New England Patriots 53-Man Roster Projection 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots 53-Man Roster Projection 3.0

Steve Balestrieri

With half of training camp and two preseason games in the books, it is time to take another look at the 53-Man Roster and how things may shake out.

Continue reading...

still a lot of battles but its very close to how I see it

RB - I have a feeling Lewis might still start week 1 even if he doesn't play @Carolina. Then we're back at Blount/Bolden/Gaffney choice with Gaffney eligible for PS (with ? for Foster - IR or PS RB2)

WR - If Edelman is 100% they might keep Danny on PUP; of course it depends on Mitchell & Martin as well - with so many uncertainties Dobson might get yet another and last 4-game chance.

OL - Too confused to call. Id keep Karras as well. If Vollmer doesnt come back next week PUP makes only sense. Cant see cutting Stork unless for trade. Don't see Fleming making it. I see him back on PS. Cooper IR.

DL - Cruel depth here. Kuhn looked so solid but its hard to see taking him over Branch and Knighton if they can tolerate Branch attitude for one more year. I don't know how but Id definitely keep A. Johnson. He brings something no one else does and surprisingly keeps the Easly role alive. With Valentine looking like he's ready to go maybe they keep only one of Branch/Knighton anyway.

LB - I guess they still like Freeney more than Humber. Really hope they dont cut KGH. e.Roberts great for PS.

CB - Agreed. Hope they dont cut J Jones. LeBlanc and Roberts to PS (I believe they can clear waivers)

I wonder if there is some trade value in these possible cuts:
Dobson, Harbor, Stork, Branch/Knighton/Kuhn, Freeney/Humber, Coleman

So much for Dion Lewis starting week 1…totally sucks…

I agree with your takes on WR, OL, DL, LB & CB.

Unlike in the article, however, I disagree with the OP's take on GeeNo Grossem, Jonny Freeny, and Brandon King, all of whom completely suck something awful. Those 3 useless turds don't belong on
even our 90-man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey