PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Deion info from Felger (Merged: Branch and his agent plan to sue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Felger talked to Kessler. Kessler said, whether the grievances are combined or taken separately, that the earliest both grievances will be ruled on is Thursday Sept 14. Kessler also said that even if Deion loses both rulings, Deion and Chayut will then sue the Pats to recoup the difference in salary between his current one and the one the Jets were willing to offer. In short, IMO it appears Chayut is losing his mind. Very amusing.:D

Re: New Deion info from Felger

PonyExpress said:
Kessler also said that even if Deion loses both rulings, Deion and Chayut will then sue the Pats to recoup the difference in salary between his current one and the one the Jets were willing to offer.

They will looked like they lost there minds!!!!!!!

PonyExpress said:
Kessler also said that even if Deion loses both rulings, Deion and Chayut will then sue the Pats to recoup the difference in salary between his current one and the one the Jets were willing to offer. In short, IMO it appears Chayut is losing his mind. Very amusing.:D

1) Uhh, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that Deion has a current salary with the Patriots. He's on strike.

2) If he sues an NFL team that holds a valid contract, he's probably kissing his career good bye. There are only 32 potential employers, none of whom would be happy with a contracted player suing their team.

I just thought of this.

If they sue, Branch will be essentially suing for the difference between 2 seperate contracts.

One contract will be a contract he never signed, and the other will be a contract he didn't honor!

Hilarious!

PonyExpress said:
Felger talked to Kessler. Kessler said, whether the grievances are combined or taken separately, that the earliest both grievances will be ruled on is Thursday Sept 14. Kessler also said that even if Deion loses both rulings, Deion and Chayut will then sue the Pats to recoup the difference in salary between his current one and the one the Jets were willing to offer. In short, IMO it appears Chayut is losing his mind. Very amusing.:D

I'm surprised he's not suing the Pats for the monies he will lose from future clients who won't touch him with a ten foot pole after this fiasco. Sounds like the Branch camp already knows this grievance is a fool's errand.

This is getting ridiculous, DB has sunk very low in my eyes, needs to get rid of this Chayut guy...who is fighting for his status as an agent in the NFL... anyone who is looking for an agent will shy away from this guy.

hwc said:
2) If he sues an NFL team that holds a valid contract, he's probably kissing his career good bye. There are only 32 potential employers, none of whom would be happy with a contracted player suing their team.
Nah. One thing we've learned from the ongoing saga of Terrell Owens is that no matter how big of a jerk you are, there's always some team willing to come up and throw money at talent.

Are they both trying to get themselves blacklisted from the NFL? What a marriage of idiocy. If I am a Chayut client I am calling Chayut and telling him he is fired and announcing a new agent Friday morning!

PonyExpress said:
.... In short, IMO it appears Chayut is losing his mind. Very amusing.:D

No, a mind is a precious thing to lose.
Even this guy's.

It may give rise to some kind of claim for recompense, though, under the Americans With Disabilities Act.
"My agent was out of his mind!"

Branch is looking worse and worse.. does anyone think that these threats of law suits are going to bring suitors to HIM?? He won't play this year..will lose a ton of money..even worse than expected. I thought I smelled a lawsuit awhile ago and mentioned that..am MORE upset that I was correct in him taking this legal route..it'll bury him...before one knows it, there will be a hold on all of it and Deion will be playing for no one. Does one think that taking a case to court will happen quickly? He will lose big time..and Chuyut will look even more stupid.

QuiGon said:
Nah. One thing we've learned from the ongoing saga of Terrell Owens is that no matter how big of a jerk you are, there's always some team willing to come up and throw money at talent.

Don't take our hope away from us with reality. At least let us enjoy it temporarily.

Last edited:

An additional piece of info is that the arbiter who will be hearing the grievances is the law professor from UPenn who was going to rule in favor of Terrell Owens in the San Fran/Balt/Philly fiasco before the principals worked it out. not a good sign, but the circumstances aren't comparable.

QuiGon said:

he's not even remotely close in terms of talent to TO.

sarge said:
I just thought of this.

If they sue, Branch will be essentially suing for the difference between 2 seperate contracts.

One contract will be a contract he never signed, and the other will be a contract he didn't honor!

Hilarious!
Bravo sarge! :rocker:

we should all make an offer to deion for a billion dollars to start playing for our nfl fantasy team and then ask him to sue the pats for the difference, we can all split if he ends up winning :)
this is the funniest, sueing the pats !:)

It was my understanding that under the CBA, you don't sue over contract disputes. You go to binding arbitration. If you could sue over breaches of player contracts, it would be the Patriots suing Branch right now.

(By the way everybody, it's a breach, not breech. If you say Deion's "in breech," it means he's ass-side up. Oh wait, maybe that is what you mean....)

sarge said:
I just thought of this.

Hilarious!

This is borderline insanity. Branch has made business personal here, and apparently (amazingly) so has his agent. This isn't even in the realm of reality anymore, much less rational thought.

patchick said:
(By the way everybody, it's a breach, not breech. If you say Deion's "in breech," it means he's ass-side up. Oh wait, maybe that is what you mean....)

That's funny :D

It's clear that the message to the Patriots is that they will be involved in neverending amounts of legal crap until they let DB go. It will be interesting to see whether they allow that technique to work....if I were them I wouldn't or they'd be setting themselves up for more of the same with future players.

PonyExpress said:

OK, I'm not a lawyer, but I understand that there's a Napoleonic Legal Code and an Anglo-American Legal Code. What is suggested above would be, to use the technical legal terminology, "Whacko," under either.

So, I can only conclude that Deion is breaking new legal ground here. What should we call it? The "Branch-Deionian Code?"

patchick said:
It was my understanding that under the CBA, you don't sue over contract disputes. You go to binding arbitration. If you could sue over breaches of player contracts, it would be the Patriots suing Branch right now.

What about the Patriots suing him?? WIF they go the way of a lawsuit that will tie him up and he won't be playing for anyobdy this year or next. Suing for money between contracts on a contract NOT signed?? That is clearly ridiculous...the more I see it, the more I think Branch is a lazy phony..He is done in my book..and if some DBack has a chance to take him out..all the better..I amd glad they are taking it to the courts though..it will tie him up so he never plays football again..you think these suits will get processed quickly?? A year or so..sure, the grievances will be done with quickly, but Chuyut and Branch suing?? DUMB!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes