PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Deion info from Felger (Merged: Branch and his agent plan to sue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobs My Uncle said:
But Terry Glenn did get delt away. Getting Branch delt away is what Chayut wants to happen. And, apparently, he'll cause a ruckus until it happens.

Glenn had to sit out an entire season. Branch doesn't want that. And the thought of Branch being a complete bum when he comes back is laughable, considering he'd be killing his own marketability.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Again, a trade of Branch is what Chayut wants to happen. I'm sure he'd prefer for it to happen this year rather than next year but if it's next year it's no different than if Branch played out his contract in the first place.

Except between fines and games lost he will be out over $1M. He isn't getting that money back. Plus, there is no saying if these reported "deals" he has been offered are going to be there after the season. A lot of things can change between now and next offseason.

It wouldn't surprise me if Branch starts to get a little antsy after the greivances end and he becomes irrelevant until November. Maybe other agents get word to him through fellow players that Chayut is to blame for his signing a 5-year deal as a rookie anyway, and they can extract him from the situation. Chayut just might get himself fired if Branch gets fed up.

Right now, Deion isn't saying a word. He is a quiet kid, not a loudmouth like a TO or Keyshawn. Chayut is doing all the talking. However, once Deion starts missing games he may get a little anxious and decide another agent would provide a way out. It wouldn't surprise me.

Bobs My Uncle said:
The new guy Chayut is now a household agent name as a result of his actions. You can't buy such publicity.

But you think it is good publicity? If Branch doesn't win his greivance, he sits out until late in the year. He could get hurt and never see any of the money. There is a big risk he is taking. If it doesn't work out, Chayut will become the punch line to a joke, and other agents are going to use it against him in recruiting players.

The strategy that Branch is pursueing is risky, you have to acknowledge that. If the Pats cave, Chayut looks like a hero who got his client to free agency a year early. If they don't, the thing could blow up in his face.

They are really starting to irk me. I say take a 2nd round pick and kick him to the curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back