PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Charger Slogan: If we ain't cryin' we ain't tryin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pffft, have you won before? Is this the Boston Patriots? No wait? This is the NE Patriots, huh?

They are the same team. Are you hallucinating or something? Pining for that big 1963 AFL victory?

Phillip rivers was born in 1981. Did he have a past life regression to know what it's like to win 18 years before he was born?

Last edited:
Hey, if Spacecrime says it's not pubic, it's not pubic.

This is BS. SD was not overly celebratory at midfield in your stadium. SD did not talk smack in the tunnel or outside your locker room. SD did not talk smack to your fans. That's just not true.

Merriman at the rally before the game saying he was going to smack Tom Brady.

Marty saying after the game in 05 "their run is over."

Wade Phillips saying "that was an @ss whopin'." after the 05 game.

"[Bleep] New England and their team," suggested cornerback Drayton Florence. Florence then said to the collection of onlookers in the hallway. "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your [butt]."

Yes you are one classy bunch who would never do that. You had it coming and now you take the lead from LT and cry when you get it back.

Last edited:
Merriman at the rally before the game saying he was going to smack Tom Brady.

With all the hype and fanfare that was going on, I think Merriman said that before he had a chance to realize how it would be taken literally. The fans were excited and waitng fo him to say something, so he picked that phrase to fast. " Smack in the Mouth ", is a phrase, nothing more.

Marty saying after the game in 05 "their run is over."

I have to admit, Marty did a open mouth, insert foot remark here. He should of never said that.

Wade Phillips saying "that was an @ss whopin'." after the 05 game.

If it wasn't really a @ss whopin, then how do interpret the final score, " It was a really, really, really close game ". Sorry, that day, the Bolts did indeed kick NE's @ss. Bilichick, Brady, and all the rest of the pats know it.

"[Bleep] New England and their team," suggested cornerback Drayton Florence. Florence then said to the collection of onlookers in the hallway. "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your [butt]."

I hear coaches and players using the " F " word all the time during and after the game. FLorence did go to far in the hallway, but so do a lot of players after each game. The last part of his remarks are true, we did kick your butt.

Yes you are one classy bunch who would never do that. You had it coming and now you take the lead from LT and cry when you get it back.

Players from both teams let their emotions get the best of them, it was the playoffs. I have said it before, and will say it again, L.T has showed a lot of class since then when asked about the whole incident. No one is crying about it today except the fans. Sheesh... L.T shows a little emotion about the pats celebrations and everybody blows it way out of proportion.

Last edited:
Oh please Ray? I'm not some garden variety putz who's new to the game. You need to raise your game.
Originally Posted by BoltsFan
Pffft, have you won before? Is this the Boston Patriots? No wait? This is the NE Patriots, huh?

I'm trying to respond to this confusing, no substance post in reference to a green, unproven quarterback who choked in his last important game and had the temerity to suggest the 3 time Super Bowl champs act like they had been somewhere before.

Where would that be? Black's Beach? Certainly not in the NFL winner's circle.

What is it the Chargers are crying about?

The proper question is, what aren't the Chargers crying about?

I'll give a few answers:

The dust settling on the streets of Peoria, Illinois.
The mineral flecks in the water served at the Chango Cafe.
The clover honey produced by my cousin Jay's bees.
The fact that two plus two never equals five.

I'm trying to respond to this confusing, no substance post in reference to a green, unproven quarterback who choked in his last important game and had the temerity to suggest the 3 time Super Bowl champs act like they had been somewhere before.

Where would that be? Black's Beach? Certainly not in the NFL winner's circle.

Rivers comments was his way of pointing out how the patriots acted anything like previous super bowl champs. Its called sarcasim, ever heard of that before. :rolleyes:

The proper question is, what aren't the Chargers crying about?

I'll give a few answers:

The dust settling on the streets of Peoria, Illinois.
The mineral flecks in the water served at the Chango Cafe.
The clover honey produced by my cousin Jay's bees.
The fact that two plus two never equals five.
Okay...:rolleyes: ... real good football type post, about as mind stimulating as watching the grass grow. So tell me this, is it the fans, or the players who are really the ones crying. I will cast my vote on the latter.

Good luck getting permission from your boyfriend to watch the game. You are a true lady.

How witty... another superior football post from a die hard patriots fan... you really told that Chargers fan were to go...

Yes, I told you "were" to go! You stupid POS.

Spirt... you hurt my feelings, I thought there would be lots of quality football talk from patriots fans on this MB.... so how do you fit in :confused:.

Rivers comments was his way of pointing out how the patriots acted anything like previous super bowl champs. Its called sarcasim, ever heard of that before. :rolleyes:

s-a-r-c-a-s-i-m?:confused: Is that something new?

Last edited:
Spirt... you hurt my feelings, I thought there would be lots of quality football talk from patriots fans on this MB.... so how do you fit in :confused:.

Quality football talk?

Who are you kidding?

You are here to talk about the scandal, and you'll be gone just like any other troll in about umm, 24 hours, after getting your a** handed to you.

Last edited:
With all the hype and fanfare that was going on, I think Merriman said that before he had a chance to realize how it would be taken literally. The fans were excited and waitng fo him to say something, so he picked that phrase to fast. " Smack in the Mouth ", is a phrase, nothing more.

I have to admit, Marty did a open mouth, insert foot remark here. He should of never said that.

If it wasn't really a @ss whopin, then how do interpret the final score, " It was a really, really, really close game ". Sorry, that day, the Bolts did indeed kick NE's @ss. Bilichick, Brady, and all the rest of the pats know it.

I hear coaches and players using the " F " word all the time during and after the game. FLorence did go to far in the hallway, but so do a lot of players after each game. The last part of his remarks are true, we did kick your butt.

Players from both teams let their emotions get the best of them, it was the playoffs. I have said it before, and will say it again, L.T has showed a lot of class since then when asked about the whole incident. No one is crying about it today except the fans. Sheesh... L.T shows a little emotion about the pats celebrations and everybody blows it way out of proportion.

I appreciate you looking at this as objectively as you can. I try to do the same but it isn't always easy.

Firstly, whether or not it is an "ass-whoppin" doesn't make it ok for players and coaches to profess it as such. It obviously was accurate, but that doesn't make it ok. Of course it doesn't really matter because you should take your beating like a man. The only reason it does matter is that the same team later questioned NE's class. You know, the whole glass houses and stones thing.

So SD said some questionable things when they beat NE in '05. A couple NE players did a questionable thing when Hobbs and whoever else danced on the Chargers logo, and when someone (I believe it was Colvin) yelled whatever it was he yelled in the tunnel.

They're comparable situations until you factor in reactions. NE said nothing. Rivers called out Hobbs and NE for not acting like they'd been there (which is funny, since they know a hell of a lot more than he does on that subject), while Tomlinson called NE classless and traced it back to the coach.

Yes, the situations were very different. NE had a game the following week to focus on while SD didn't. The game SD lost was a much more important game, and therefore any slights hurt more. It isn't a perfectly fair comparison, but the difference between how NE and SD handled themselves after the loss is striking.

To make things even worse all we heard about after the game was how classy Tomlinson was and how classless NE was.

I can care less whether NE is classy or not. Whatever. I just think Tomlinson is a whiner and could benefit from learning the phrase "no comment." Either that or he should receive some flak for it.

Is it me or does LT sound half ******ed in his interviews. It seems like he has to think real hard before he speaks. Like a little kid trying to spit the right words out. LOL

a proof that Pats fans and Don Imus are one and the same: a bigot and racist.

Exactly how is this racist? It seem to me that you are the only racist here.

The Chargers cry about everything.

LT is constantly whining about something.

He's a baby and clearly too soft for teams like the pats.

Every time i see LT crying in an interview about something, I force a smile knowing that he'll never win anything.

I think he knows it too. Poor Baby.

Don't you think he has that, "Hey, I'm lookin' for some sympathy sad-sac air about him"? Seems like the man needs some anti-depressants or something.

Is it me or does LT sound half ******ed in his interviews. It seems like he has to think real hard before he speaks. Like a little kid trying to spit the right words out. LOL

Exactly how is this racist? It seem to me that you are the only racist here.

People always trying to pull the race card. they are the ones who carry prejudice. No matter what color any of us are, if you talk slow and enunciate each one of your words very slowly, it sounds like it's an effort for that person to hold a natural conversation. Johnny Damon does the same thing except it's because he had a terrible stuterring problem a while ago.

We need to stop being so damn sensitive and PC and just treat everyone the same...That includes those we want to compliment and those we choose to criticize. God knows we don't need to consciously analyze everything we say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back