PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: NFL RUMORS: Eagles 'Close' to Trading Wentz?

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL RUMORS: Eagles 'Close' to Trading Wentz?
Ian Logue
With two NFL quarterbacks already having been traded so far in 2021, it appears Eagles QB Carson Wentz may up next.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Eagles asking for 1sts.

tenor.gif

Not BBs style to throw around picks like that. Especially for a unknown commodity like Wentz.

Jimmy will come on the cheap and maybe for nothing if he gets the boot relatively early in the 2021 season. I believe that BB learned his lesson on late play on Cam in the 11th hour.

Thought he was going to stay in Philly? That's why they hired the coach they did. He is a Frank Reich protege. I guess if the Colts want to overpay for him they would do it? Colts are a complete team without a QB. So trade away those picks...

Not BBs style to throw around picks like that. Especially for a unknown commodity like Wentz.

Jimmy will come on the cheap and maybe for nothing if he gets the boot relatively early in the 2021 season. I believe that BB learned his lesson on late play on Cam in the 11th hour.
This is a lesson he needed to learn?

Nobody here wants to trade for what these guys are going for

Got too used to the idea of winning with a QB that bent over backwards for the franchise.

Give it another 2 losing seasons before they realize that without a QB is like driving down the highway at 90 with no brakes.

I don’t Wontz Wentz.

Stay away from Carson Wentz. The man is damaged goods and isn't even a particularly good bet to finish the season in good health, much less lead a team anywhere.

Wentz took the team Foles won a Superbowl with and went 5-6, 9-7, 3-8-1. Not to mention losing his job twice in the last 4 years, once to Foles, once to Hurts.

And has missed significant time 2 of the last 3 years.

And he led the league in picks last year despite only playing 12 games

His only value right now is based on his reputation. While the talent is obvious, so are the problems, and I find myself preferring Jacoby Brissett over gambling on this guy returning to form.

I certainly prefer Brissett to gambling significant assets on a team already starved due to recent poor drafting, only to bring in a guy who MIGHT be good. Brissett brings a lower ceiling but a far higher floor and risk mitigation has to be a factor in the decisions.

This is a lesson he needed to learn?

Well, Im no fan of Jimmy, but how are FA WRs and maybe a TE going to sign here without some sense of stability at the QB position.

Well, Im no fan of Jimmy, but how are FA WRs and maybe a TE going to sign here without some sense of stability at the QB position.
For the $ and belief BB will be competitive again.

I wouldn’t mind Wentz at a Belichickian price, but if he’s traded it’s most likely to Indy. Makes the most sense from both a scheme/need perspective.

The contract is actually not too bad at all considering Philly is eating so much dead money from the signing bonus. I think it ends up being somewhere around $20m a year for several years with no dead money next year or onward if he’s cut.

Having said that I would rather just get Jimmy for a bit less than that same rate. I also kinda feel like SF may be the team who takes Wentz and then wants to offload Jimmy. Wentz seems like a fit in Shanahan’s offense to me.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back