PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: NFL RUMORS: Eagles 'Close' to Trading Wentz?

For the $ and belief BB will be competitive again.
I know, but optimism was high when Cam showed up and higbet when won the starting job. I believed too, then slowly cracks began to appear.

7 wins was an achievement.

I know, but optimism was high when Cam showed up and higbet when won the starting job. I believed too, then slowly cracks began to appear.

I’d be up for Jimmy if he’s available. Should be better price but who knows? Like you said, BB wants value.

Yeah, but I think most of us expected cam newton to be 80% of the guy he was in 2018. instead he was about 10% of that guy.

I would rather trubisky than wentz

If they go broke for Wentz I’ll embrace that as well

The rumors that the Eagle's want two firsts for Wentz and the Raiders want two first for Carr makes me think that the cost of trading for a QB will be too high. Hopefully some teams with with top 8 draft picks trade for starters so that the Pats can more easily move up for one of the top 4 qbs.

The rumors that the Eagle's want two firsts for Wentz and the Raiders want two first for Carr makes me think that the cost of trading for a QB will be too high. Hopefully some teams with with top 8 draft picks trade for starters so that the Pats can more easily move up for one of the top 4 qbs.

Im curious how this will play out. Will some team get desperate and break under pressure giving 2 firsts further setting the marker.

Or will teams just refuse to overpay and the market will be more reasonable?

Greg Bedard reported in the BSJ what I’ve heard elsewhere that Philly wants 2 1st rounders, and the Bears appear to be the favorite to land him. He also said that “another team” thought to be very interested in Wentz (thinking Colts) was balking at Philly’s asking price and that the 49ers are the other team heavily involved in the discussions.

the more I think about this. Seeing what the Lions got for Stafford and the Eagles will get for Wentz. I’m hoping Bill offers #15 to the 49ers to facilitate their trade for Wentz and get Jimmy G. back in the fold here.

Like a lot of you I have reservations about Garappolo, but you need a QB, and it’s going to cost you to get one. It’s likely to be another virtual off-season, so getting a QB who’s spent 3 1/2 seasons in the offense already, who’s not yet 30, and who played in a SB a season ago (something Stafford and Wentz have not done) is worth #15 to me.

Greg Bedard reported in the BSJ what I’ve heard elsewhere that Philly wants 2 1st rounders, and the Bears appear to be the favorite to land him. He also said that “another team” thought to be very interested in Wentz (thinking Colts) was balking at Philly’s asking price and that the 49ers are the other team heavily involved in the discussions.

the more I think about this. Seeing what the Lions got for Stafford and the Eagles will get for Wentz. I’m hoping Bill offers #15 to the 49ers to facilitate their trade for Wentz and get Jimmy G. back in the fold here.

Like a lot of you I have reservations about Garappolo, but you need a QB, and it’s going to cost you to get one. It’s likely to be another virtual off-season, so getting a QB who’s spent 3 1/2 seasons in the offense already, who’s not yet 30, and who played in a SB a season ago (something Stafford and Wentz have not done) is worth #15 to me.
Agree
Or Tru or Mariotta

I'd want more back than just Jimmy and that contract for #15.

Bears are chumps. Re-tread of Foles, not Wentz....

Let the Bears and Colts drive up the price with each other. The only winner in that trade is the Eagles for getting out of that contract and picks as icing.

If teams were smart the bears and colts would both balk at the eagles asking price and they would have to come down

Instead some team like the bears will overpay thinking they can turn wentz around

If teams were smart the bears and colts would both balk at the eagles asking price and they would have to come down

Instead some team like the bears will overpay thinking they can turn wentz around
Yep. Ryan Pace will bid against himself in a war for a mediocre injury-prone QB.

Would hate to see us use any of our 1st round picks on some of these QB's
Draft and develop is the proven way. Taking someone else’s table scraps at QB seldom works.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back