PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New England Patriots News 8-16, Youth Movement Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the youth movement's in full swing, then why was Cam Newton signed?

If the youth movement's in full swing, then why was Cam Newton signed?

I understand that for you, EVERY player should be under 30. I guess these departures aren't enough for you.

Moving to be more youthful DOES NOT require have Stidham as starter and an UDFA for a backup. We will be younger at lots of positions.

FROM THE ARTICLE
With the losses of Tom Brady (43), Stephen Gostkowski (36), Jamie Collins (31 in October), Nate Ebner (31), as well as Kyle Van Noy and Elandon Roberts, they’ve now lost many of their older players, but also a ton of experience.

Factor into that the COVID-19 opt-outs of Dont’a Hightower (30), Marcus Cannon (32), Brandon Bolden (30), and Patrick Chung (33 this week) and the Patriots roster will now be significantly younger and less experienced entering the season.

I like the youth movement. I want to see Uche and Jennings forced onto the field rather than the excuse of a veteran being in front of them. Winovich's diapers will be taken off and will now be the "guy" on the Edge.

I know Van Noy was a fan favorite, but you'll forget about him very soon. He was more of product being put in a position to make plays rather than it being talent alone. He had two guys before him that did the same thing (Vrabel and Ninkovich) so I'm pretty sure BB will find someone else. And we all know Collins threw in the towel after week 8.

These aren't big loses to me.

I like the youth movement. I want to see Uche and Jennings forced onto the field rather than the excuse of a veteran being in front of them. Winovich's diapers will be taken off and will now be the "guy" on the Edge.

I know Van Noy was a fan favorite, but you'll forget about him very soon. He was more of product being put in a position to make plays rather than it being talent alone. He had two guys before him that did the same thing (Vrabel and Ninkovich) so I'm pretty sure BB will find someone else. And we all know Collins threw in the towel after week 8.

These aren't big loses to me.

Yup! We had a top 5 defense. And, we'll be better without Hightower and Van Noy. NOT!

And, Winovich was already carrying more reps later in the season. He will pick up the reps of Collins.

IMHO, expecting 2 rookies to be better than Van Noy and Hightower is unreasonable (I have other words).

Yup! We had a top 5 defense. And, we'll be better without Hightower and Van Noy. NOT!

And, Winovich was already carrying more reps later in the season. He will pick up the reps of Collins.

IMHO, expecting 2 rookies to be better than Van Noy and Hightower is unreasonable (I have other words).
Nobody should lose sleep over the loss of Van Noy or the "Invisible Man" Collins. Van Noy was only a "name" guy that was created by BB. He will be replaced as he replaced Ninkovich who replaced Vrabel. Lots of guys have the opportunity to take over those roles and I'm excited to see who emerges.

And I never said they'd be better without HT.

Last edited:

Edit: didn't see TRM's response before posting.

I can't speak for therainmaker, but he never mentioned Hightower, just Collins and Van Noy. Hightower most likely is irreplaceable this season, but I agree with TRM that Collins and Van Noy are not, and Van Noy is good, but not great, and his stats do benefit from the Pat's scheme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore