PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Breer: Smith-Schuster’s Knee “A Mess,” May Affect WR Approach

It's not like it was a hidden injury. I'm sure they found out about the surgery Juju was doing and the realistic process for recovery and felt good enough to offer a contract.

Again, considering that he's caught more passes than anyone else in camp, the knee seems like it might not be a mess now more than a potential mess if reinjured.
Did he really catch more passes than anyone else in camp? That is not what I saw. Douglas dominated the two practice sessions I saw and JuJu did almost nothing. I was quite dissapointed. Boutte didn't do much either, but he did more than JuJu. JuJu was almost invisible.

So Meyers is coming back to Gillette on October 15, eh? Is this going to be a Mookie Betts / Red Sox revenge game for Meyers? It serves BB right for being such a tyrant and dumping Meyers. Ugh, another bad move by BB the GM? Even worse, Felger will run this into the ground and be totally insufferable for the next few days.

You also have to wonder why BB the GM did not land one of the top free agent tackles when he could have. The Patriots cannot get away with being super stingy anymore; they don't Brady to coverup such cheapskate moves.

Who is our doctor?
James Robinson & now JuJu both signed hurt?

Sure looks that way.

Maybe they should stop using Health Express.
Who is our doctor? Well, the Patriots started out with Ben Casey, quickly moved to Dr. Kildare, followed by Marcus Welby, then Doogie Houser. House was the team doctor during most of the Brady years, but Dr. Strange is now in charge, which would explain the confusion over JuJu’s knee, and the selection of his nephew in the first round of last year’s draft.

Breer is likely being fecicous.. the team reportedly did thier due diligence on juju before he was signed.. they knew the extent of his issues.. it likely requires some maintenance days during the season.. however I'm sure his contract is structured so the team has a way out if this persist going forward..
Bert Breer has zero sources with the Patriots. Anything he says about them is complete and utter speculation.

Did he really catch more passes than anyone else in camp? That is not what I saw. Douglas dominated the two practice sessions I saw and JuJu did almost nothing. I was quite dissapointed. Boutte didn't do much either, but he did more than JuJu. JuJu was almost invisible.

So Meyers is coming back to Gillette on October 15, eh? Is this going to be a Mookie Betts / Red Sox revenge game for Meyers? It serves BB right for being such a tyrant and dumping Meyers. Ugh, another bad move by BB the GM? Even worse, Felger will run this into the ground and be totally insufferable for the next few days.

You also have to wonder why BB the GM did not land one of the top free agent tackles when he could have. The Patriots cannot get away with being super stingy anymore; they don't Brady to coverup such cheapskate moves.
Going on a rant about how ****ty BB is for something that hasn’t even happened yet is a ****ty thing to do. It’s all speculation. Could end up being true and if it is, go to ****ing town man. Won’t blame you one bit but to go to this level? Come ooooon.

*Edited for clarification*
I’m not saying to not criticize the guy. You’re just acting as if it is true and already happened and already talking about the outcomes of said event that hasn’t happened. Adding the question marks doesn’t hide that fact.

JSJ is a proven reliable receiver in the NFL when healthy and he s has had some very good seasons. I do think it is a very big deal if his knee gets worse and he can not play. It is nota given that either DD or Boutte can just step in and get similar production as JSS...very unlikely given the history of pats rookie receivers.
Although I am a BB critic, I do not blame him at all for this if it turns out to be true. BB relies on doctors and orthopedic surgeons and it is very difficult to predict how knees will respond.

This 2023 Patriots free agent class has been struck hard by injuries and mystery illnesses (Reiff, Calvin Anderson, JSS) on top of other key veteran early season injuries (Trent Brown, Onwenu, Andrews).

Can anyone answer why guys like Breer, Curran, and especially Michael Smith (who’s admitted he doesn’t like the Pats) know why they trash the Pats after landing such big gigs covering them? Field Yates cashed in, but he just does fantasy football and I’ve never seen talk bad about them. Anyone else I’m missing?

The only guy that deserved a big gig was Mike Reiss and finally got hired by ESPN. I remember way back at his Globe days he’d have chats and interact with fans answering questions. He always seemed like a nice guy unlike the others who’s ego’s got greatly inflated.

Lots of Globe and Herald writers became household names due to covering the Pats.

I was told he is a definite upgrade over Jakobi. At least Jakobi was healthy.

Identical yards/catch averages last year too (12.0)... And Meyers' averages the previous two seasons (2020-21) were in fact superior to JJ's.

So where's this supposed advantage?

Did he really catch more passes than anyone else in camp? That is not what I saw.
Yes, there was a report that showed the number of catches by receivers during camp and Juju had more than anyone. Maybe he was having a quiet day when you were there?

Identical yards/catch averages last year too (12.0)... And Meyers' averages the previous two seasons (2020-21) were in fact superior to JJ's.

So where's this supposed advantage?
What I read was Juju had more yards after the catch than Meyers, which is the point of BOB’s offense.

Bert Breer has zero sources with the Patriots. Anything he says about them is complete and utter speculation.

This is true. Players and agents don't like Breer. He is whiny and *****y. No sources. Always wrong. Always sensationalized BS.

Well, his hindrance was well documented last year in the playoffs, and SB.
So, it only reminds me how pissed I still am that they paid him all the money they wouldn't pay Meyers.
Meyers is younger, more durable, ingrained with Mac, and an incredible team-first Patriot-wayer.
So stupid.
Hated to see Meyers go as he's been the most productive Pats receiver since Julian, but Myers is not younger than JuJu

PatsFans Message board Rule #17

Always......

Shoot the Messenger
Ignore the message

Breer..............................
Im Sorry Amy Sedaris GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

Board..............................
shooting eric cartman GIF by South Park

Who is our doctor? Well, the Patriots started out with Ben Casey, quickly moved to Dr. Kildare, followed by Marcus Welby, then Doogie Houser. House was the team doctor during most of the Brady years, but Dr. Strange is now in charge, which would explain the confusion over JuJu’s knee, and the selection of his nephew in the first round of last year’s draft.
We have three now - Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, and Dr. Howard.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back