Andre Davis Backup Maroney Big Upgrade
Tim Dwight Backup Caldwell Upgrade
Adam Vinatieri Starter Gramatica/Gostkowski Tossup
and maybe D Flutie. UFA
(almost all over 30)

Net Defense even,
Net Offense Big Upgrade
Net ST Upgrade
OK so right now we are in substantially better shape than we were at the end of last season.
We are only carrying 3.9M in dead money compared to 10M last year.
We have 17M in cap space to make upgrades at QB, Defense and Offense.
(Starks,Poole and Ashworth although starters only contributed like backups IMO)

how do you compare maroney and davis

and its def not a tossup at k

i myself did this same thing a couple days ago, and agree that i like the roster better now than at the end of last yr, but i dont get those two assumptions

patsfan55 said:
how do you compare maroney and davis

and its def not a tossup at k

i myself did this same thing a couple days ago, and agree that i like the roster better now than at the end of last yr, but i dont get those two assumptions

Sorry that you take a literal comparison, both are offensive skill positions, Givens, Davis, Fauria and Dwight Produced about 1320 yds (2005)
IMO Thomas, Mills, Caldwell (352), Jackson, Maroney could get 2640 yds++

Last year Vinitrator was the 20th ranked kicker, his production had dropped due to back injuries, IMO it is a tossup to match that level of performance.

Basically we replace 10 guys who were 30+ and dropping in performance, with 10 guys who have the potential to be much better.

jct said:
Sorry that you take a literal comparison, both are offensive skill positions, Givens, Davis, Fauria and Dwight Produced about 1320 yds (2005)
IMO Thomas, Mills, Caldwell (352), Jackson, Maroney could get 2640 yds++

Last year Vinitrator was the 20th ranked kicker, his production had dropped due to back injuries, IMO it is a tossup to match that level of performance.

Basically we replace 10 guys who were 30+ and dropping in performance, with 10 guys who have the potential to be much better.

I agree with you that I think the positions have improved across the board, but let's be careful on what we say about 1320 yds last year compared to 2640 next year, I mean Tom Brady did lead the NFL in passing yards, so... his receivers couldn't have been that bad. Overall, BB has brought more youth and talent to the team with little transition, this more then anythign else is what makes this team great. No other team, short of maybe Pittsburgh continuues to turn over roster to keep the team young and talented without skipping a beat.

I have a hard time understanding how you can rate a player who has not made an NFL roster, nor played an NFL play, can be an upgrade over players who have made teams and played 1-4 years in the NFL.

You have listed 8 upgrades based on potential which may never be obtained. If I were a betting man, I would bet that of your 8 upgrades, only 1 or 2 makes any contribution to the team and 4 or 5 may not even be on the roster opening day.

jct said:
Sorry that you take a literal comparison, both are offensive skill positions,
How else to take it other than as you stated it, that you said Maroney in and is the same as Davis out .

First, it is ludicrous.

Second, as someone said, you can't make up for losing a one skill position by getting another. Signing a top RB and CB and QB will not make up for losing three top WRs.

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes