PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NESN: Larry Fitzgerald could be available via trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of good a great WR does if the Pats Defense can't get off the field.....

Build the trenches, both sides, a DB , OLB and then grab a complimenatry RB to BJGE and Woody.....someone that can put some stress on opposing defenses....

1st drive, 3rd quarter
1st-10, NE25 14:55 T. Brady passed to J. Edelman to the right for 12 yard gain
1st-10, NE37 14:28 B. Green-Ellis rushed to the left for 8 yard gain
2nd-2, NE45 13:44 D. Woodhead rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
3rd-1, NE46 13:11 B. Green-Ellis rushed to the left for 1 yard loss
4th-2, NE45 12:23 Z. Mesko punt, touchback

How'd that running work out there? They couldn't get the tough 1 yard when they needed to.

And the foot injury had nothing to do with the game. It certainly didn't effect Brady during the regular season.

oh yeah let's pass all the time. how'd that work out all game?

one bad drive doesn't dictate play calling. you need balance

D. Woodhead 14 rushes 46yards 3.3 0 8
B. Green-Ellis 9 rushes 43 yards 4.8 0 10

these numbers uttlery suck

Brady had 45 pass attempts and we found out later he has a fractured foot. sounds like a bad decision and to put in the news afterwards is a public relations spin.

the coaching needs to be accountable and live up to their mistakes.

they didn't even seriously try to run until the 4th quarter. so it comes down to they chose not to run or they couldn't and if they couldn't then they need to upgrade the offensive line.

Please, please, please... focus on defense this offseason.

I think people have forgotten how good the Patriots were defensively during the Super Bowl years. With the exception of offensive line, we need to build a force on the other side of the ball, one that forces turnovers and stuffs runs.

Pats do have serious front 7 deficiencies, but the game against the Jets also revealed some other problems. Brady is strictly a pocket passer, and if our WR's can't get open, we're in trouble. The draft is a crapshoot, if we can get Fitz for our 1st (28) then I say we do it.

So, the Pats' offense was unstoppable for last eight weeks or so of the season. Now one game they were stopped and it is a huge weakness. The Pats had problems pressuring the passer consistently from week one up until they lost in the playoffs.

So you are advocating the Pats spend alot of draft picks and money (Fitzgerald wants a new contract and to be the highest paid WR in the game) to fix a perceived weakness that was exploited that might have been a fluke game by sacrificing addressing a weakness that has plagued this team for several years now?

Even if the exposed a weakness, does it need to be addressed with spending several high draft picks in a trade or can one of the many potential free agent WRs (Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith, Malcom Floyd, Mike Sims-Walker, James Jones, Steve Breaston, Sidney Rice) fill in that role?

Personally, I would rather give up two first rounders to get likely franchised players like Haloti Ngata, Cullen Jenkins, Tamba Hali, or Lamar Woodley (just examples, not neccessarily the players I would target) than the first and second rounder (probably the low end what the Cardinals will want if Brandon Marshall can comand two second rounders) for a luxuary trade in Fitzgerald. This team needs a dominant defense to match its dominant offense. It doesn't need to make the offense more dominant and hope the defense gets better just because the platyers have another year of experience.

1st drive, 3rd quarter
1st-10, NE25 14:55 T. Brady passed to J. Edelman to the right for 12 yard gain
1st-10, NE37 14:28 B. Green-Ellis rushed to the left for 8 yard gain
2nd-2, NE45 13:44 D. Woodhead rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
3rd-1, NE46 13:11 B. Green-Ellis rushed to the left for 1 yard loss
4th-2, NE45 12:23 Z. Mesko punt, touchback

How'd that running work out there? They couldn't get the tough 1 yard when they needed to.

And the foot injury had nothing to do with the game. It certainly didn't effect Brady during the regular season.

Running on obvious running situations against a stacked box and running against a dime defense on first down are different situations. They should have ran more on first down against the pass-defended formations and they should have definitely taken a shot down the middle on a 2nd and 2 - or at least spread the defense out and have Woodhead run that Faulk quick-out route, that never fails...

I'm not saying the play calling was the reason we lost, but insinuating that running the ball more could not have helped the offense is ludicrous.

The the thought of Fitz coming to the Pats gives me a giant Gronk

i dont see him coming to the pats

They paid a 4th for Moss plus a $9mill salary.
And for Fitzgerald you think BB will pay #1s and #2s plus about $14mill/year.........
Haven't you guys learned anything

I am hoping the Pats actually use the bulk of their top picks to add some great new talent to the front 7 and/or bulk up the O-line, but the thought of Larry Fitzgerald in our offense is awful tempting. I was thinking about it and think Fitzgerald might be one of 3 receivers that Revis couldn't shut down. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Rebuilding the line and getting 1 big back is what this team needs on offense. We could get the next Jerry rice but if Tom is on his back most of the game what good is it.

Last edited:
I like it.
I know the Pats won't lay down, pay to much. Larry has got to want it.
So, I hope it happens. I am sure BB has people communicating, ready to do something when the lights turn green.

They have enough picks and personnel to do it. A man of his proven skill is worth
it. Not soft, catches the ball. 38 ppg would be pleasant, and within reach.

I would most of all really love to see an edge rushing, menacing, mayhem making m0f0 out there. Would be a blast to watch. I miss that.

They are packed with picks and deep in talent, so this should be great fun.

Sources: Larry Fitzgerald Could Be Available Via Trade, But Only for 'Right Price' - NFL - NESN.com

The Pats are also equipped with two picks in both the first and second rounds of the draft, which would give them more than enough ammunition to acquire Fitzgerald if they'd like to explore that avenue. However, there aren't considered to be any franchise-caliber quarterbacks in the 2011 draft class, so the Cardinals might not be overly interested in anything the Pats would have to offer.

Fitz seems like a perfect fit for the Pats, guy has extreme talent along with a great attitude on and off the field, I know its highly unlikely Pats trade for him, but it would be awesome.

I think the QB from Nevada (Colin Kaepernick sp?) will be the best QB coming out in this draft. If this news is for real, the Pats should jump on it in a hurry

Rebuilding the line and getting 1 big back is what this team needs on offense. We could get the next Jerry rice but if Tom is on his back most of the game what good is it.

i think we have plenty of picks for that plan AND Fitz

Instead of Larry Fitz, I really hope next season we could have a guy like D. Freeney or J. Peppers because this team really need one of those pass rusher that can give them hell. Defense win championship, period. We all here can agree that this team is one the best offense in the league, but all of you have witnessed what the Giants did in '07 to the high power house offense. No matter how good the offense is, sooner or later the defense will exposed their vulnerabilities.

I think we are good on the offense right now, we just need to have a good defense to beat the crap out of other teams...such as the Jets.

lets say there is a new CBA do any of us relly think the pats are going to give up a #1 and give him 10 million right after giveing Brady 20 million ? the pats did not give a 3rd and 4th round pick to AZ for Anquan Boldin who only got like 6 million... now that the pats have Deion Branch, and two good young TE's i dont see them tradeing for or picking up in FA any big name WR

For the right price, Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald could be available in a trade, according to league sources, but that doesn't mean the Cards are actively trying to unload him.

In fact, no one polled for this story had any direct knowledge of whether the Cardinals have had any legitimate discussions about trading their star receiver, so take that for what it's worth.

Is there any actual meaning in these two paragraphs?

I am hoping the Pats actually use the bulk of their top picks to add some great new talent to the front 7 and/or bulk up the O-line, but the thought of Larry Fitzgerald in our offense is awful tempting. I was thinking about it and think Fitzgerald might be one of 3 receivers that Revis couldn't shut down. What do you guys think?

If those other 2 guys have the last name Johnson then...
agreebyrd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back