PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ND vs. LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Abiamiri looks very good. Regularly double teamed. Forced a sack/fumble on Russell. Doens't have the best first two steps, but shows some sudden speed getting off of blocks. Good motor. no plays off. Built like a tank. Not as fast/quick as Kiwanuka, but stronger, gets a push, can bull-rush and make inside moves. His spin move is decent, not great. He is quick enough to play 3-4 OLB.

Rhema McKnight, as I always thought, will be a much better pro WR than Samardijza. I wouldn't hesitate to draft him in Rd 2, might be a steal. He's like a souped up Reche Caldwell with better hands, instincts, smoother. A very solid #2 receiver, possibly lower tier #1 potential. His knee looks fine.

The Shark apparently wants to play both football and baseball: message to Shark: you're not good enough to succeed in the NFL unless you devote everything to it. If he's divided about it, I'd cross him off the draft board for lack of commitment.

Laron Landry: good, not great. May become a core player in the pros, not a playmaker or game-changing talent like Reggie Nelson. IOW, not a pro-bowler IMHO.

Jamarcus Russell: physically dominant, immense talent... can't tell how he reads defenses. His arm is ridiculously accurate has soft touch, commands the pocket, shows no fear. Al Davis will take him #1 if he comes out.

Quinn: reminds me of Joey Harrington on 'roids, the same accuracy issues, better leadership qualities, but doesn't have great pocket presence. Something is missing. Probably will be a solid Qb, but not a Super Bowl Qb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST