PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Washington Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have shared this on another thread awhile back, but I'm curious what you would give up in a trade for Josh Gordon... presuming the Browns have any interest in trading him that is

Who or what would you give up?
Two mid round picks
Or Logan Ryan and a low pick.

Two mid round picks
Or Logan Ryan and a low pick.

Trading Ryan is a major gamble as he and Malcolm are the only proven corners they have.

While Gordon is an elite talent, with all the talent they have on offense they will up 30+ a game anyway.

If their offense sucked I can understand the deal but too risky and the benefit would only be marginal.

Plus we have no idea if Jimmy/TB12 and Gordon can work together or if he can pick up the offense.

Trading Ryan is a major gamble as he and Malcolm are the only proven corners they have.

While Gordon is an elite talent, with all the talent they have on offense they will up 30+ a game anyway.

If their offense sucked I can understand the deal but too risky and the benefit would only be marginal.

Plus we have no idea if Jimmy/TB12 and Gordon can work together or if he can pick up the offense.

I agree, and he's 1 failed drug test away from being permanently suspended/banned

Too many unknowns and risk factors imo

Makes me think of one of my least favorite Patriots of all time, Brandon Lloyd...

He wasn't what we expected, but at least he put up solid #2 WR numbers (usually while falling to the ground). Ellis was just the definition of a JAG.

I agree, and he's 1 failed drug test away from being permanently suspended/banned

Too many unknowns and risk factors imo

Yea- I'd love to roll the dice on Gordon but not at the expense of a starting defensive player who is a pretty decent CB2.

Now if they want to trade conditional picks based on performance of games active that is something I can get behind.

I wonder if Washington will be brought back at some point. Could happen if 'Dola and Mitchell aren't fully healthy for a while. Not to mention, Dobson may fizzle out like usual.

Yeah as really hope he can find a team that will better suit his needs.

He wasn't what we expected, but at least he put up solid #2 WR numbers (usually while falling to the ground). Ellis was just the definition of a JAG.
It is probably mostly that I just plain didn't like him but it seemed that no one did less with the amount of opportunities than he did. He seemed to get a ton of targets that year and should have done way more. I am not sure what the league average of targets to receptions is but I have to imagine he was well below that. Combine that with the fact that he didn't want to come back the next year because he was working on his rap career or video game career or something solidified his place in 203Pat's Hall of Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News