PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Washington Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the only way Nate making the team is if JE and DA started on PUP and Dobson imploded.

The first two might still happen but I'll give him credit, Dobson has had a pretty good camp.

I saw the only way Nate making the team is if JE and DA started on PUP and Dobson imploded.

The first two might still happen but I'll give him credit, Dobson has had a pretty good camp.

Unfortunately Dobson has been doing nothing in the games. The drop was awful the other night.

I do think Dola starts on PUP though

I know it might be asking too much but I would love to see either Chis Harper or DeAndre Carter light it up to make BB really think about parting ways with Dobson if he has another subpar performance. Two more Preseason Games Dobson your NFL career is hanging in the balance.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Unfortunately Dobson has been doing nothing in the games. The drop was awful the other night.

I do think Dola starts on PUP though
Yep. Dobson is Dobson. Hes a nice talent but hes a 4th 5th WR. Nothing more.

Pats have shown great patience with him.

I figured he'd make it if he did his job well. Couldn't do that from the tub though.

Nate playing in T.C. probably makes the team, or at least forces a tough decision. Nate missing T.C. makes things easy.

Yup, every year they bring in some washed up receiver on the wrong side of 30...Pats fanboys and fantasy geeks get all pumped...they think the guy will be great for their fantasy team. They envision 50 catches, 600 yards and 8 touchdowns....but the guys hardly ever make it through week 8...
I learned my lesson in 97 or 98 when they signed Henry Ellard halfway through the season. I thought he was gonna be awesome. my idiot 24 year old self didn't realize he was 37 and had lost 14 steps....
Still rather have that scenario than carrying Shaun Ellis on the roster all year with a bloated salary and no production.

I know it might be asking too much but I would love to see either Chis Harper or DeAndre Carter light it up to make BB really think about parting ways with Dobson if he has another subpar performance. Two more Preseason Games Dobson your NFL career is hanging in the balance.

With this cut...i really don't think his NFL career is in the balance..if anything today helped his cause as it now seems likely he will make the roster. Especially given no news on Dola timeline and the possibility of him starting the year on the PUP list.

Now this didn't surprise me.

But why are we cutting so many players this early?

Belichick tends to release vets he knows won't make the final cut early to give them the chance to catch on elsewhere before the opportunities disappear. It gives them a better reputation with veteran players and gives the young players on the bubble more opportunity to show something.

Still rather have that scenario than carrying Shaun Ellis on the roster all year with a bloated salary and no production.

No production, yet plenty of snaps...

Trade cough Gordon cough to be named later.

You may have shared this on another thread awhile back, but I'm curious what you would give up in a trade for Josh Gordon... presuming the Browns have any interest in trading him that is

Who or what would you give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back