PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N.Y. media jumps on Brady remark

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after all of the crap the Giants players have spewed in the last 48 hours about individual players, i.e. Welker, Edelman, Light, etc. we're supposed to crawl into a corner and cower because of what Brady said? Strap on a set. No wonder New Yorkers think we're wusses.

Last edited:
And let's not forget that we're the team that's won ten games in a row, many of which were won in spectacular fashion.

Who are the Giants? They lost four in a row this season. They beat the Packers on a day that the Packers didn't show up. They weren't even in the game against the 49'ers until Kyle Williams handed them victory on a silver platter.

They're lucky to be in the Superbowl.

#&^@ the Giants.

You'll see. We're going to beat them by double digits.

As I said in another thread today:

It doesn't matter. Haters are gonna hate regardless. They will never allow facts to get in the way of their storyline.

The mediots and reportards are all rooting for the Giants because of dollars. New York/New Jersey is a bigger market than the rest of New England combined, and radio/TV/Television is all about attracting the advertisers, because that's how they make their money.

The greater the pandering and salacious gossip, the more outlandish and garish the headlines and soundbites, the more folks will tune in, and those stats are what drives the advertising market, and makes the cash registers go ka-ching!

When New England wins the Superbowl, it will be all about the Patriots for a couple weeks, but the storylines will all have a current "yeah, but......." to them regardless of the score, the player's performances, etc. Is how the media rolls these days.

Like I said: "Hater are gonna hate". It's that crew makes their living.

Re: New york Media: Brady is planning victory party.

I'd liek to see our Boston media firing back as well. But, half of them seem to be more interesting in stirrign the pot than supporting the local economy/team.
Our media members don't do that - see, they're not "homers." Better to be a murdering pedophile, rather than be accused of being a homer. Of course, the real reason is that they're spineless and afraid of their NY brethren. All you had to do was listen to Zo and Gresh get *****-slapped by WFAN's Joe and Evan last week. If it were a prize fight, it would have been called a TKO in the first 30 seconds. A couple of 98.5 weenies who like to think they're tough and sharp-tongued got castrated in a matter of seconds.

Oh noes, now Brady's gone and made the Giants really really mad and they're gonna kick our butts now!!
:rolleyes:

I remember when winning the Super Bowl was all the motivation a team needed.

NY is all about the controversy...i think they are trying to stir things up to get the Giants to seem like a huge underdog who gets no respect

NY is all about the controversy...i think they are trying to stir things up to get the Giants to seem like a huge underdog who gets no respect

That comment will not help. THE Giants will say something to wipe that out tomorrow. No doubt about it!

Didn't a ny paper have a article titled, "start planning the parade" last wk? Could of sworn I saw that on the net somewhere.:confused:

I really hate the whole two weeks before the Superbowl thing. It works out Ok this year because of Gronk, but all this media garbage is so tiresome.

Oh. My. Gawd. And did you see what else he said in Indy?:

"We drove by Lucas Oil Stadium on the way in and you see Dwight Freeney’s picture up there and to be in Indy and not play him is definitely a relief for me."

Oh. My. Gawd. And then all he said about the Giants was, like, " I’ll be terrorized by some other players in some other uniforms this week."

How cawky is THAT?!?!?

Isn't this the week that John Tomase is scheduled to work freelance for the New York press.

Oh. My. Gawd. And did you see what else he said in Indy?:

"We drove by Lucas Oil Stadium on the way in and you see Dwight Freeney’s picture up there and to be in Indy and not play him is definitely a relief for me."

Oh. My. Gawd. And then all he said about the Giants was, like, " I’ll be terrorized by some other players in some other uniforms this week."

How cawky is THAT?!?!?

Dude!!!! Brady just totally insulted the entire Giants defense and flat out said they don't have a single player as good as Freeney!!! This could get bad!!!!! ;)

I heard Brady dissed Subway. Tuck is pissed. We're ****ed.

F them the NY media is so arrogant right now. Reminds me of when I lived in San Diego, everyone was celebrating before the game the victory over the Patriots when the Patriots were coming to town. They were stunned when we got the best of them.

I hope we don't punch the Giants in the mouth. I hope we decapitate them.

The Patriots play their best when they are getting disrespected like this. The mediots obviously realize they completely screwed up by plumping up the NY Parade angle, and now are trying to retreat. Only the dumbest people in the Giants locker room will not see through it. It is their local rag, and they know it.

I am not confident we will win, but I want this one so freaking bad.

Last edited:
Re: New york Media: Brady is planning victory party.

Yeah, I agree, but with that said, I'm also tired of being afraid of acting / sounding confident. We've heard the Giants talk enough smack this week. It's our turn to show that we're as confident as ever. F*ck the NY media.

The Patriot Way is to do our talking on the field. NY Punks can do their talking before the game, maybe getting some advice from Wrecks the Foot Sucker.

Leave to breer to suggest even boston media is like this

I think we've already had our first media-on-media crime of the week: NE media en masse calling NY media on taking Brady comments too far...

Scorecard so far: NE media blowing Manningham comments out of proportion, then NY media doing the same w/Brady comments. Gonna be a fun week

@pmacgillivray It's funny that you guys are upset about this ... Patriots made a cottage industry of making nothing comments into something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back