PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Thoughts from the Denver game

Status
Not open for further replies.
QB
Cassel looked horrible. I have NEVER seen a qb hold the ball that long and win a game so decisivelly. I guess football can be a strange game like baseball can. Cassel had good protection on those playaction fakes. It seems like if he can't find his 1st receiver he just takes off and starts running. I would give this guy an F for pocket presence, and that's being kind. I think the screen pass to Moss in the 4th? was a very shaky looking play. I was like wtf and then oh yes!! I think Cassel's best pass was the touch pass to Welker, which caught him perfectly in stride. He had a nice semi big play pass to Watson across the middle of the field.

Overall I will give Cassel a D+, he did make some positive plays, so he passed the exam.

I'd love to see what a guy has to do to get an A from you.

James Sanders is playing like he is in the last year of his contract.

James Sanders stood out to me, making plays I've never seen him make:

- the hit on the RB running wide to the far side - he got there on time and he crushed the guy with authority - you could Rodney's influence there

- his INT charging toward the ball and making a good catch as he did it.

In both plays he showed a decisiveness that he's lacked in the past. Maybe Sanders has turned the corner. He looked like a quality NFL safety last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back