PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My slant on the first half

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sudfeld looks like a good receiver, but he need to spend some serious time in the weight room. No wonder he has an injury history, but his physique issues should be easily rectified and will become a solid TE in this league. He appears to be an amazing steal by the Patriots scouting staff.

Kenbrell looked very good. He did not get a lot of separation, but he was up against starting defensive backs. I am a little worried because he took a wicked shot to the head and did not return. He walked off the field, but it was the end of his night. He is another giant win by the Patriots scouting staff.

Edelman is not long for this world unless he learns to protect himself. I was hoping that in the offseason he would watch some tape from a master like Kevin Faulk. Faulk almost never took a clean shot; he either hit the dirt or wiggled out of the way. Edelman is still taking big hits; he cannot keep doing that and stay on the field.

It was hard to evaluate Dobson when the soon-to-be-ex-patriot Tebow kept missing him. He could be another good pickup.

Yeah, Edelman really needs to learn to hit the deck or spin/turn at the point of impact to deflect some of the blow so he doesn't get the full force of it.

Sudfeld is 255lbs so he could probably do with adding 10lbs of muscle to get up to Gronk weight, but I don't see how weight had any effect on him breaking his leg?

Sudfeld seems like a competent blocker against DBs and some LBs. I wouldn't count on him as an inline blocker against DEs/DTs unless he has remarkable technique. He is 6'7" though so that is more leverage than some OTs have.

Sudfeld seems like a competent blocker against DBs and some LBs. I wouldn't count on him as an inline blocker against DEs/DTs unless he has remarkable technique. He is 6'7" though so that is more leverage than some OTs have.

He is going to be a moose if he can fill out. Look at how skinny his arms are. They are like the arms on kickers....

At 6'7 he'll be a nitemare to defend. What were his combine numbers ?

Edit: No combine invite but Pro Day comparison:

Zach Sudfield 6'7/253, 4.78 40, 37" vertical, 9'5" broad.

Kyle Rudolph: 6'6/259, 4.83 40, 34.5" vert, 9'5" broad.

At 6'7 he'll be a nitemare to defend. What were his combine numbers ?

Edit: No combine invite but Pro Day comparison:

Zach Sudfield 6'7/253, 4.78 40, 37" vertical, 9'5" broad.

Kyle Rudolph: 6'6/259, 4.83 40, 34.5" vert, 9'5" broad.

Need to see the change of direction numbers e.t.c as well to get a real comparison.

Need to see the change of direction numbers e.t.c as well to get a real comparison.

7.08 in the 3-cone which is right up there with the best in this class at the combine (there were 6 with times between 7.07-7.09). Kyle Rudolph had a 7.24 3-cone.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
Back