PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My favorite part of Mayo's P.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
"I had 11 visits during this whole process and there wasn’t an atmosphere that you felt the winning tradition like you did when you walked into the building with the Patriots. I’m not sure if that’s because I watch all of their games, but it was just in my mind. I felt the vibe from the coaches and just from everybody, everybody from [Director of Scouting Administration] Nancy [Meier], I just felt this was a winning organization and I’m just happy to be here."

It's just a small thing, but the fact that Mayo references "Nancy," that he even remembers her name - which these prospects SHOULD, but hardly ever do - tells me something about his character.

It's just a small thing, but the fact that Mayo references "Nancy," that he even remembers her name - which these prospects SHOULD, but hardly ever do - tells me something about his character.

Agreed. I think this is a great pick.

I read his whole pressconference...definitely liked what i heard

Yes, he seems very well spoken and comes off as a bright kid. When will the Pro Shop have his jersey for sale?

Sounds like a solid pick, good character guy at a position of need.

I enjoyed reading his presser, he sounds really intelligent.

Look, I read this kid's press confererence also. He is a bright, young enthusiastic kid that played for a major program in the SEC. I am sure Belichick and Pioli LOVED this kid. LET ME HELP THE REST OF YOU DRAFT EXPERTS...THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME!!! To trade down and know this kid would be there is enough. The genius has spoken. And, in his press conference, there was NOTHING BUT POSITIVES.

Mark My words---Defensive rookie of the year. Stop second guessing our coach and front office on draft day. They have had ONE bad year in offseason free agent signings. But their draft picks have been very, very solid.

"I had 11 visits during this whole process and there wasn’t an atmosphere that you felt the winning tradition like you did when you walked into the building with the Patriots. I’m not sure if that’s because I watch all of their games, but it was just in my mind. I felt the vibe from the coaches and just from everybody, everybody from [Director of Scouting Administration] Nancy [Meier], I just felt this was a winning organization and I’m just happy to be here."

Good stuff. Another thing that stood out for me today was him mentioning he was "raking leaves" with his mom today when the call came from BB.

Good stuff. Another thing that stood out for me today was him mentioning he was "raking leaves" with his mom today when the call came from BB.

Yup. This kid is a Winner!

Look, I read this kid's press confererence also. He is a bright, young enthusiastic kid that played for a major program in the SEC. I am sure Belichick and Pioli LOVED this kid. LET ME HELP THE REST OF YOU DRAFT EXPERTS...THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME!!! To trade down and know this kid would be there is enough. The genius has spoken. And, in his press conference, there was NOTHING BUT POSITIVES.

Mark My words---Defensive rookie of the year. Stop second guessing our coach and front office on draft day. They have had ONE bad year in offseason free agent signings. But their draft picks have been very, very solid.

actually, funny thing, but at one point in the draft a company or sponsor or whatever was asked to guess next years ROY, and it was mayo...

not sure exactly what it was, but along those lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand