PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MUST READ: Ross Tucker on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WILL and absolute desire to win has always been Brady's greatest attribute. That is why pulling him in KC probably killed him. He probably thought 100% that they would come back to win.

Nice read.

If you listen to Ross Tucker on Sirius, you know that he's a born smart ass. Any snark that was in previous columns was probably not done intentionally. He's always spoken very highly about the Patriots in spite of the fact that this wasn't the only organization he played for. This column is a breath of fresh air compared to pretty much every other column written about Brady since Week 1.

I still have never seen anybody chug a beer faster than Tom Brady.

Hah. Well, if/when they lose again, I'm sure this will come back in a negative light (
Brady can't chug like he used to!")

The WILL and absolute desire to win has always been Brady's greatest attribute. That is why pulling him in KC probably killed him. He probably thought 100% that they would come back to win.

Nice read.

Brady is obviously an unusual competitor, with a fire that burns more strongly than most, and a tremendous will to succeed. That can be a tremendous asset, but at times it has worked against him where he has gotten almost too fired up. I remember this thread from January:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...nantz-ive-never-seen-brady-like-this.1092362/

There's no doubt that when Brady can channel his intensity he is something special to behold. But I've also seen him get overexcited and try and do too much. I think all things considered I prefer Brady the cool and methodical "game manager" dissecting teams methodically to Brady pumped up and trying to be Superman.

I loved reading that. There's no other QB I want on my favorite team than #12.

Fun read, thanks for posting that!

Brady is obviously an unusual competitor, with a fire that burns more strongly than most, and a tremendous will to succeed. That can be a tremendous asset, but at times it has worked against him where he has gotten almost too fired up. I remember this thread from January:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...nantz-ive-never-seen-brady-like-this.1092362/

There's no doubt that when Brady can channel his intensity he is something special to behold. But I've also seen him get overexcited and try and do too much. I think all things considered I prefer Brady the cool and methodical "game manager" dissecting teams methodically to Brady pumped up and trying to be Superman.

i think that depends upon the situation Mayo. I agree that his coolness in pressure situations is a valuable trait however i also think they feed off of his intensity and there are times when he has gotten down and they have gone down with him. I was really concerned with both his demeanor and that absolute lack of intensity they showed as a team in KC, and i was relieved when they came out with the intesity both Brady and the Patriots showed against Cincy. I realize it is contextual and that it is to some degree contingent upon how they are executing, but it is still important for him and for them as a team imo, I don't want to see him hanging his head, it is always a rally bad sign.

Hah. Well, if/when they lose again, I'm sure this will come back in a negative light (
Brady can't chug like he used to!")

Did you notice his body language when the glass was empty??

Maybe the 1st few games the OL was wicked pissed that TFB chugged all the pitchers in training camp?

I can't even find the patience to read the sudden rush of Brady praise articles after last weeks lynch mob.
Didn't need them then to know Brady is still the GOAT, and don't need any reassurances now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News