PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Must be gameday...this site stinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he apologized..believe me when I say that I was CURSING myself, and I donated, and will donate again in no short order if it would mean that I wouldn't have to deal with the serious BS that I dealt with today.

TRUST ME, I was VERY pissed that I couldn't easily talk to the folks on here during that blowfest they called a game.....

I know Ian is trying, that doesn't make me feel much better when I am trying to log on/post.

Today was PATHETIC

Yeah, he apologized..believe me when I say that I was CURSING myself, and I donated, and will donate again in no short order if it would mean that I wouldn't have to deal with the serious BS that I dealt with today.

TRUST ME, I was VERY pissed that I couldn't easily talk to the folks on here during that blowfest they called a game.....

I know Ian is trying, that doesn't make me feel much better when I am trying to log on/post.

Today was PATHETIC

Agree...well said and maybe I should have said it like that...

Re: Again...this site stinks on gameday

Anyone who accuses the admins of scamming them out of money deserves to be told to stuff it- I'm willing to bet that this site costs more to run than it brings in by a not-insignificant margin. Ian's a nice guy, so he'll probably let it slide, but it's an absurd thing to say. I get being frustrated if you can't log on, but suggesting that your money is being pocketed is idiotic. Maybe it warrants an infraction, maybe not, but if that kind of thing is suggested again, my reaction will be pretty much the same.

I'll match Patjew's offer, actually- if the guy's that torn up about your $20 bucks, he should feel free to take this as an opportunity to double his 'investment' and get out while the getting's good.

While I wasn't thrilled with the thread to start with - I understand it's frustrating. Please keep in mind that they didn't change us over until two days before game one, and it took that game to evaluate some of the biggest configuration changes we needed to make, and then today to tweak things a bit further because again - until you hit this type of traffic - you can't immediately see where things need to be adjusted until they happen. But as I said he did a great job making changes after the game started and things ran well up until I lost it before the start of the 3rd quarter. After having something installed and rebooted when it came back - it's been great, so I think we're finally in good shape.

Last edited:

Real classy, PatJew...you and LT...call me a name, then disguise it with a smiley. I have apologized 5 times. What would you like from me?

Wow man, you have demonstrated a real need to relax. Believe me, I don't generally stoop to "jerky" when insulting people. Maybe you should go for a walk or something. Take it easy already.

Wow man, you have demonstrated a real need to relax. Believe me, I don't generally stoop to "jerky" when insulting people. Maybe you should go for a walk or something. Take it easy already.

Already did...but seriously, asking the question is not awful...I did not expect to get reamed by you...

Today was PATHETIC

I understand your frustration and I think I've explained it in the other threads. I'm feeling much more confident now after everything we did and seeing the results, so we'll see what next week brings.

asking the question is not awful...I did not expect to get reamed by you...

Your question was a bit harsh (and the whole pocketing the donations thing) - but thankfully I was just as irritated as you were that I couldn't get it back up and running - and was really hoping to get through today with no issue. But I'm glad we tweaked everything today that we needed to and as I said I'm feeling better about things....finally.

Do me a favor and PM me if you ever want to discuss these things instead of airing them out here. Don't get me wrong - clearly I'll answer you and let you know what's up, and it worked out because other people were probably wondering the same thing. Obviously you can't see all the "behind the scenes" stuff that's going on, but as you know there are certainly better ways to approach it.

Last edited:

Already did...but seriously, asking the question is not awful...I did not expect to get reamed by you...

I was upset by the way you asked it and the accusations. I'm not a mod here or anything, but I care about this site and I respect Ian so I was just chiming in.

Anyway, you seem to be over it and I certainly am too.

Just realized this post hit 50 responses - hopefully enough people have read it and know where we're at. If you're just now reading this please go all the way back through the thread as I think we've covered everything.

Last edited:

Pats keep playing like that and it wont matter because no one will be on this site.

...well, maybe 10,000 trolls...

Um, Ian...can you tell me why we donate to this site if it blows up every gameday?

We don't donate so that we can have peak performance, we donate so the site can exist at all. IIRC, Ian has stated that he essentially runs the site at a loss. This board can stand to be a lot cooler about performance than we are, but it only takes one guy to ruin things.

come on folks, let's stop acting like children who didn't get the candy we wanted in the flavor we wanted and exactly when we wanted it and also let's not take our frustrations about today's game out on Ian...

and, none of us has spent $18,000 for a Software License here...last time I checked it was an $18 contribution to help out...

Last edited:

Do me a favor and PM me if you ever want to discuss these things instead of airing them out here.

That WOULD be the most direct, effective and cool way to handle it.

Well, now that you all got your hands down Ian's pants...smooch smooch. Give me a break. .

I didn't see this - he had his hands down my pants?? :confused:

Man - I miss everything.

Last edited:
I never come to the site during the game, never have, never will. It's much better cursing and swearing, throwing soft object at the TV, and giving my was a kill stare if she dares to talk during the game. But, that's me.

I know many want to post or 'chat" during the game. If you think the board crashing is bad, maybe I should post during a game then you can see how bad bad can get.

Last edited:
We don't donate so that we can have peak performance, we donate so the site can exist at all. IIRC, Ian has stated that he essentially runs the site at a loss.

As I said read the target number of donations and divide that by 12 and that's what it costs per year. We hit just under half of that number last year, and we're a little only half way there for this year. Thanks to everyone as it's made a huge difference - and believe me it's much appreciated. Hence the reason why I made the agreement with the ProShop to try and get everyone something in return, because I felt bad for people not getting anything (other than the site) else for donating. The good news is it appears you'll start seeing those this week as one person has already reported getting theirs.

But peak performance is also coming - I promise :cool:

Last edited:
Edit: I meant divide that by 12 and changed it. If you multiply it by 12 that would be way too much money and we wouldn't be here - unless of course someone bought it - then I could just be a member like the rest of you and wouldn't have to worry about this stuff anymore ;)

Last edited:
I didn't see this - he had his hands down my pants?? :confused:

Man - I miss everything.
he means a lot of people like to kiss your but because your are the boards king.

he means a lot of people like to kiss your but because your are the boards king.

I know - I was trying to be scarcastic since that comment was obviously a bit over the top. :cool:

Ian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back