PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/16/06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
August 16, 2006 (Morning Session 8:45-10:45)

Hey kids... just got in from the final evening practice at Gillette. It was a gorgeous night... perfect weather for a night on the hill... :) I spent the night with Mike and shared some laughs about our favorite training camp moments of all time... hehehe!

I've got two podcasts to get to so I'm going to make it quick.

* Guys were in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets. Missing guys Brady, Brown, Seymour, Miller and Gramatica were back tonight but Rodney still wasn't on the field.

* Someone was wearing #12 on the field tonight but I don't think it was Brady.. That guy was overthrowing receivers left and right during situational stuff, got picked by Davis and had many tipped balls. Perhaps he's nursing some injury and that's why he wasn't on the field this morning. He was clearly pissed at himself and actually left the field immediately after practice instead of signing autographs. (He's not obligated to sign every day but usually does.)

* During warm ups, Lonie and Josh were grooving to the 70's disco tunes out there and reversed roles for a bit with Josh snapping and Lonie punting.. :)

* During drills, Woods (45) and Mays (46) practiced blocking punts with their bodies by rushing the punter and taking it in the chest.

* Stevenson (63) took a lap tonight.

* Punt returners were Williams, Poteat and Faulk again.

* Davis (19) made a great diving catch while falling to the ground, covered by Assante Samuel.

* Cassell had a bandage on his shin.

* After Wilfork made a "practice punt catch" at the beginning of practice, I anticipated the annual "Put All the Eggs in one Basket to earn a night off for the team". Sure enough, Wilfork came through catching a Miller punt while holding a ball in one hand. Naturally, his teammates went wild and were happy to get out of running and meetings for the night. (The best was hearing BB tell Miller to back it up... hahaha!)

* Tight Ends and Running Backs signed after practice and Corey Dillon had fun with the crowd trying to get sections to yell the loudest to entice him to sign there first.

Tonight's Soundseeing Tour can heard on Podcast # 85. And unless they pull a last minute cancellation, I'll be back for the final session tomorrow at 2:30. www.patriotworld.com

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/16PM

NEM said:
This has me concerned. Does anyone have any more on this?????

He must be off the Juice!

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/16PM

everybody's entitled to have a bad day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call