PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mr Kraft Tear Down That (16-0) Banner!!!

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Tear Down the 16-0 Banner?

• Yes tear down the accursed reminder now!

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • Leave it, we went 16-0, a great accomplishment

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • Leave it, we're the Colts now so let's put up our own lame banners

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • WWBD? What would Bruschi Do?

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Every time I see that lame piece of you know what I want to puke. Yesterday I'm sure our Giant opponents had lots of laughs looking at that symbol of hubris and tragic failure hanging over Gillette like those Colts AFC Champion banners we USED to make fun of.

Exorcize those demons. Tear it down. Let me piss on it after having consumed mass quantities. And then douse it with gasoline and burn the sucker.

Your take?

The easy solution is to buy the team and stadium, then you can put up or take down any banner you please.

Yeah that's it! Take down that banner and all of our personnel and coaching issues will be solved!! Why didn't someone think of this sooner! THAT'S what's been holding us back!

Every time I see that lame piece of you know what I want to puke. Yesterday I'm sure our Giant opponents had lots of laughs looking at that symbol of hubris and tragic failure hanging over Gillette like those Colts AFC Champion banners we USED to make fun of.

Exorcize those demons. Tear it down. Let me piss on it after having consumed mass quantities. And then douse it with gasoline and burn the sucker.

Your take?

Last edited:
Yeah that's it! Take down that banner and all of our personnel and coaching issues will be solved!! Why didn't someone think of this sooner! THAT'S what's been holding us back!

Good! Reason #102 for tearing down our Colts style banner!

NO WAY!!! No team in history has had a 16-0 season. That is something to be proud of as Patriots fans.

Do not say anything about Patriots fans being spoiled or that many either forgot or have never lived through the dark days. That will make me look like a super ball washing homer and will strike a raw nerve to some current "fans". So do not mention that what ever you do.

i say rip the damn thing down. the only banner that means anything is a superbowl banner. 16 and 0 doesn't mean squat unless you seal the deal and the pats didn't. regular season banners are for losers.

Good! Reason #102 for tearing down our Colts style banner!

A Colts banner would read "18-1 Super Bowl runner ups".

The 16-0 banner is tribute to one great accomplishment on it's own merits.

It's the kind of banner that will look excellent forever....

Once the team has another SB title to take away the thoughts of the loss.

The best post you've ever written. :singing:

i say rip the damn thing down. the only banner that means anything is a superbowl banner. 16 and 0 doesn't mean squat unless you seal the deal and the pats didn't. regular season banners are for losers.

PREACH it, Brother Insano!! :rocker:

If you get a trophy for winning it all, why do you need a banner too?

Don't ever equate it to the Colts. They actually have three "wild card participant" banners on display:

1897845402_2bedd5dd18.jpg

Last edited:
The thing that haunts me the most is the NY Times headline "18 - OH NO!"

The thing that haunts me the most is the NY Times headline "18 - OH NO!"

And that insipid banner on display is a constant reminder of unexpected utter disaster of titanic proportions.

It killed me Sunday to see that rag up there with the selfsame Giants on the field methodically re-enacting Groundhog Day.

I guess I'll just have to learn to live with this franchise morphing into Colts culture.

Last edited:
Man, we really are spoiled. :nooo: You know why they put that banner up ?.. because nobody else can! It's a HUGE, HUGE accomplishment. Any other team that says otherwise is jealous. There's tons of SB banners around. Only one 16-0. I'm proud as hell of it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News