Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Moss, Welker, Stallworth, or Other?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Moss average #s over the last 3 seasons: 50 catches for 775 yards. For reference, Stallworth averaged 55 catches for 812 yards in that time span.

Moss is on the decline. There is no denying it. He is not the player he once was and is not worth trading for.

Stallworth is pretty solid, but Welker fits us best.

He ran a 4.29 in pre-trade workouts.. give me a break. You can't even think that fast.

Randy Moss.

A few years back Randy Moss and Dante Cul, were like the Marvin Harrison and Manning combo.

Do you think the colts are not pissed out of their mind? The colts would love to get their hands on Randy Moss.

Moss's athletic ability + Brady's calm battle harden arm accuracy = Forces opposing Dfense to bring their A game every down.

Remember Brady has a knack for putting the ball where only his WR can get to it, now imagine if the WR is athletic, so now Brady can put it where it is impossible for the opposing Dfense to get it.

Red zone defense, Randy moss goes to the back of the endzone, tips toes the bac of the endzone, and zoom, Brady lazers one high and Moss goes and gets it and then falls out of bounds but keeping his toes inbound, talk about cheeeeeesse!

Even if BB doesnt come back, we are a power house for the next few years!

Dude stop. You're in denial.

I watched that kid burn us up and all I could do is admire him.

I swear on my children that watching a Pat/Fin game I said to my wife "God I wish that guy was on our team. He's special and seems like a Pats kind of guy."

I think YOU need to appreciate what you've lost.

He was worth everything we traded for him.

The dude admited to wanting to play for the Pats while on the Dolphins. I know the Pats have been better the past few years, but F that. You just don't think that way.

He's an average player yes, but nothing more. You'll grow frustrated with his inability to break big returns and his 2 or 3 costly fumbles a year on returns.

The Dolphins didn't have a Wr in the top 50 last season? Boy did you guys suck. He was your leader in receptions and return yards though?

I love the pick up. Most of all I like blue collared hard workers. They are so easy to cheer for.[/QUOTE]

Great, he took check down routes from Joey because the line couldn't hold any one for more than 2 seconds and because Joey couldn't sling it more than 20 yards. Big deal, he had a lot of catches but barely any yards and just 1 TD. That's not production, don't judge WR production of catches, it's about yards and TDs.

The dude admited to wanting to play for the Pats while on the Dolphins. I know the Pats have been better the past few years, but F that. You just don't think that way.

He's an average player yes, but nothing more. You'll grow frustrated with his inability to break big returns and his 2 or 3 costly fumbles a year on returns.

I watched several Dolphins games last year, and was completely impressed with Welker. So, I figured you were just pulling the negative opposing fan thing.

A Dolphin fan like you would never make up seeing Welker losing 2 or 3 costly fumbles a year, would you?

Stats from NFL.com. How many fumbles did Welker lose each of the last three years?

2004 - 1 fumble lost
2005 - 1 fumble lost
2006 - 1 fumble lost

Figures. You made it up. I can't determine how many of those lead to scores, or however you determine "costly". But "2 or 3 costly fumbles a year" never even happened.

As for his inability to break big returns. In 2004 he had a 95 yard kickoff return for a TD. In 2005, he had 4 kickoff returns of 40+ yards, and had 2 more in 2006. For punt returns they measure the long ones by 20+ yarders, and he had 12 of those, over the three years.

Either you don't watch alot of games, or you're just making stuff to take a negative position on a player your hated Patriots obtained. Either way, you've lost alot of cred.

P.S. - Oh, and that was 1 fumble lost for kickoff returns and punt returns COMBINED!

Which Aqua is saying this?

Wasn't Aqua posting here when we got Welker to say what a great player he was and how upset he was to lose Welker?

I know a fins fan did that, but maybe it was another one. Or maybe Aqua is in politics and figures that you can just say the opposite of what everyone else knows to be the truth and no one will notice.

I agree that Welker's a Pats type player and will be easy to cheer for. If he actually did say he wanted to play for the Pats when he was with the fins, that just shows that he's an intelligent guy too.

I would say welker, being a multi-purpose player; ST and WR as well as the air-aparent to brown, the others are one year at most the way thier contracts are laid out. JMO.

PD.

Welker. The 2nd is like a third rounder. Stallworth can't stay healthy the more I think about it and is in substance abuse. Moss I don't know he can't turn a new leaf can he?

Stallworth has missed 4 of his last 44 games. He played in all 16 games in 2004 - 2005. He has missed 12 out of 68 games in his career. Less then Deion Branch. The injury **** is overblown.

Found this on SI.com. Not sure if any of you read it but Michael Silver sounds like a person with a grudge against the Pats.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/05/02/patriots/index.html

Wow...who do we think the unnamed former Pats player is? He seemed pretty disenchanted with the Patriots and their image. Was it someone who came in and got cut quickly who someone who was on the team for a while and was a cap casualty? My guess is Vinatieri, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News