PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss post-game [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verbatim: Randy Moss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- As I noted in the previous post, Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss popped into the interview room Sunday at Gillette Stadium and offered a near-five minute statement that addressed a number of issues. Most of related to his departure from and continuing respect for the New England Patriots. But some of it related to Sunday's 28-18 loss and his nascent experience thus far with the Vikings.

I just got done transcribing the entire statement. It's all posted below, with the Vikings-relevant sections in bold. It's wild.

Here we go:

I'm going to go ahead and start this thing off. I'm going to go ahead and say this. I think I said something a couple weeks ago. Look, I got fined $25,000 for not speaking to you all. Me personally, I really don't care. But at the same time, I do answer questions throughout the week. For the league to fine me $25,000, I'm not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct. So I'll answer my own questions. I'll ask myself the questions, then give y'all the answers. So from here on out, I'm not answering any more questions for the rest of this season. Enough said of that, now we'll get to the game.

Let me hold it down. Alright. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, Wilfolk, Tommy Boy, Mayo, Kevin Faulk, man I miss them guys, man, I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It's been an up and down roller coaster emotionally for me all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys, running plays and I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game, so I kind of know what type of feeling they have on their locker room, man. I just want to be able to tell the guys, I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room.

I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game. I've never had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special. That's something I really take to heart. I actually salute coach Belichick and his team and the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So I'm actually stuck for words, just because of the fact that, man, this is just, a lot of memories here. To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that.

Like I said, it's been an emotional roller coaster all week. Tried to prepare, tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played, couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies here. The bad part about it, is you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over and say, 'Dag Moss, I guess you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.' And it hurts as a player, that you put a lot of hard work in during the week, and at the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that's when they acknowledge about the hard work that you put in throughout the week. That's actually a disappointment.

I can't really say enough about this team and this organization. I met with Mrs. Kraft before the game because I really didn't have a chance to talk to her before I left. I thanked Mrs. Kraft for letting me have the opportunity to be a part of something special. The New England Patriots have always been a special organization and I've always watched from afar.

When I got drafted by Minnesota, and I think I said this a couple weeks ago, I think I felt obligated to bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota. And this season is still not over. Do I know what next season and the future is going to bring? No, I do not. But all I can say is that it's a lot of work that we leave on the field each day.

There is a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work in New England and the only thing that I really tried to do was take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he's given me about the game of football, and I tried to sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how. So I'm going to go ahead and end this interview, I have my family to see.

Definitely down that we lost this game because I didn't expect us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe it could have been different. Maybe not. I don't know how many more times I'm going to be up here in New England, but I'm going to leave the New England Patriots, coach Belichick, man, with a salute. Man, I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out.

Link

Let the Moss haters keep on hating I guess. ;)

re: Moss post-game(merged X3)

Randy Moss' rambling Patriots love fest: the complete transcript | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities | Radio home of the Minnesota Twins

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and start this thing off. I'm going to go ahead and say this. I feel like I said something a couple of weeks ago. Look, I got fined 25,000 dollars for not talking to you all, and me personally, I really don't care. But at the same time, I do ... answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me 25,000 dollars -- I'm not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct it. So, I'll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers. So, from here on out, I'm not answering any more questions for the rest of this season.

"Enough said of that. Now we get to the game. (deep breath) Trying, trying, trying to ... ah, let me hold it down. All right. I really haven't had a chance to really talk to the guys, so this was no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains -- (Vince) Wilfork, Tommy Boy (Brady), (Jerod) Mayo. Am I forgetting somebody? Kevin Faulk. Man, I miss them guys, man. I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. Been an up-and-down rollercoaster emotionally all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys running plays that I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game -- so, I kind of know what kind of feeling they have in their locker room, man, and I just want to be able to tell the guys that I miss the hell out of them. Every last helmet in that locker room, man.

"I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game, and I've never really had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach(Bill) Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special, and that's something I really take to heart. I actually salute Coach Belichick and his team for the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So, I'm actually stuck for words, just because the fact that -- man, this is just a lot of memories here.

"To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game -- that really felt heartwarming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that. But like I said, man, it's been an emotional rollercoaster this whole week. I tried to prepare. Tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played and a couple tendencies here, couple tendencies here. The bad part about it -- you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over to me and say, 'Dag, Moss, you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.' It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week, and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that's when they acknowledge about the hard work you put in throughout the week. That's actually a disappointment.

"I can't really say enough about this team, this organization. I met with Ms. Kraft before the game, because I really didn't have a chance to talk to her before I left, and I just thanked Ms. Kraft for the opportunity to let me be a part of something special. The New England Patriots has always been a special organization and I've always watched from afar, and when I got drafted by Minnesota (in 1998), and I think I said this a couple weeks ago, I felt obligated to try to bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota. And this season's still not over.

"Do I know what next season and the future's going to bring? No, I do not. But all I can say is, man, it's a lot of work that we leave on the field each day. It's a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work here in New England, and (all) that I really tried to do is take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he's given me about the game of football, and I tried to just sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how.

"So, I'm going to go ahead and end this, this interview. I have my family to see. Definitely down that we lost this game, because I didn't really expect for us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe could have been different, maybe not. ...

"I don't know how many more times I'm going to be up here in New England, but I'm going to leave the New England Patriots, Coach Belichick, man, with a salute, man. I love you guys, I miss you, I'm out."

Re: Verbatim: Randy Moss

Wow, those are the types of things you hear when a player is inducted to the Patriots hall-of-fame, not after being beat by them.

Really great to read.

It also appears from what Phil Simms said that Moss was not trying to get this trade done. He said that when he talked to Moss a couple of weeks back just after the trade that Moss said to him that he kinda smelled it coming.

I am sure the Vikings are thrilled with his remarks. At 2 - 5, their third round pick they gave us will almost be a second !

I think when Randy was on his way out, he was offended that he wasn't being utilized like he wanted. But now, after being away and looking at the patriots from afar, i think he realizes that the Patriots wanted to take advantage of his strengths - deep ball - and hide his disadvantages - intermediate, short routes. I honestly believe he would accept a lesser role to be back with the Patriots and just be one of the guys, not above the team like he wanted while he was here. I believe that he has learned. I think the the respect the patriots have given him since leaving erases any suspicions he had that the pats were inevitably going to dump him.

I would take him back next year and so would the Patriots, with all parties knowing his reduced role. Veteran minimum two year contract?

I kinda feel bad for Randy, I think he was misunderstood....

Wow.
That is an unusual statement. It's hard to relate that to anyone in recent memory who's left his team.
It makes it harder to understand what went wrong. Some have argued a physical thing, but Moss sure made the middle open up for Welker and Hernandez.

Really interesting comments.

I think when Randy was on his way out, he was offended that he wasn't being utilized like he wanted. But now, after being away and looking at the patriots from afar, i think he realizes that the Patriots wanted to take advantage of his strengths - deep ball - and hide his disadvantages - intermediate, short routes. I honestly believe he would accept a lesser role to be back with the Patriots and just be one of the guys, not above the team like he wanted while he was here. I believe that he has learned. I think the the respect the patriots have given him since leaving erases any suspicions he had that the pats were inevitably going to dump him.

I would take him back next year and so would the Patriots, with all parties knowing his reduced role. Veteran minimum two year contract?

Not going to happen, not in this lifetime or any other.

But something on the order of Welker's current contract (~$3-4M/yr), I could see that happening.

Why would he come back when he would not be given a contract extension that resulted in him being traded in the first place? If he wants job security and to be paid his worth, it won't be happening in New England. He has had a poor year on top of it all so I don't think he's the type of guy who would tuck his tail between his legs and come back for nothing. I just can't see it.

I am sure the Vikings are thrilled with his remarks. At 2 - 5, their third round pick they gave us will almost be a second !
Any truth to the rumor that Chilly was so pissed at Moss's comments that he offered up a second round pick to BB if BB would just take Moss back?

That was a wonderful recruiting pitch for future Patriots FA targets.

Even *I* think he is worth more than the vet minimum. But relatively low salary plus incentives based on playing time and team wins. (note: no incentives based on catches or TDs)

It may be irrational, but damn, I miss Randy Moss.

It also appears from what Phil Simms said that Moss was not trying to get this trade done. He said that when he talked to Moss a couple of weeks back just after the trade that Moss said to him that he kinda smelled it coming.

And that smell is why he will not be back.

He's been a Viking for what, 3-4 weeks? He just did to them something similar (and probably worse) to what he did to this team the last time he took the podium here... Went on and on about himself and his emotions, only this time after a crushing loss. No way Bill lets that guy back in the building until he retires...he will admire his HOF talent as it diminishes from afar. Because it's crystal clear he just cannot help himself and he doesn't get what is so selfish about his conduct because in his mind everything is always all about his emotions. Can't ever trust that guy again. Vikings fans hate Chilly so much they'd be inclined to forgive most anything. They are taking this presser badly... They just finished reuniting with him as the long lost and never forgotten first love, and he just called out his former lover names in the midst of screwing them...

And that smell is why he will not be back.

He's been a Viking for what, 3-4 weeks? He just did to them something similar (and probably worse) to what he did to this team the last time he took the podium here... Went on and on about himself and his emotions, only this time after a crushing loss. No way Bill lets that guy back in the building until he retires...he will admire his HOF talent as it diminishes from afar. Because it's crystal clear he just cannot help himself and he doesn't get what is so selfish about his conduct because in his mind everything is always all about his emotions. Can't ever trust that guy again. Vikings fans hate Chilly so much they'd be inclined to forgive most anything. They are taking this presser badly... They just finished reuniting with him as the long lost and never forgotten first love, and he just called out his former lover names in the midst of screwing them...

FACT! lmao! This is just to funny. haha:rofl:

Link

Let the Moss haters keep on hating I guess. ;)

If this is verbatim....I give him credit.....but in hindsight think he should have quietly negotiated with pats....obviously loved it here...sad how it had to go down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore