PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Pass Interference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Offensive PI called on Moss for the TD..is it me? or was that the biggest BS call you have ever seen?

That was a ghost call. It changed the game. That stopped the vertical attack.

The Eagles did a great job on him though. Calll or no call, he was removed from the game like a wart from a fat lady's ass.

I think Strangler got it when he said it was a "reputation" call on Moss. Enough have probably made a stink about it over the past several weeks so it'll most likely become a tactic. Thanks to the Dolts, their WR's are untouchable. Thanks to the NFL our WR's don't have the same right to the ball as the rest of the league.

brady called it a "****ty call" just now on WEEI

I thought it was an iffy call, but it did seem a bit like Moss gave him a nudge. You'd like to think that's all just part of the game. Unless a guy gets a full arm extension, I wouldn't make the call. Seems like we've been flagged for this way more than any opponent I can recall in games against us, but I can live what that call. Plus, I think the refs made it up to us later with the offsides/encroachment that kept a drive alive.

The calls I have a problem with are the no calls -- the missed clutching and grabbing of Moss across the middle. Once, I think his shoulder pad popped out of shirt even. But the refs did not decide this game, at the end of the day, and that's all you can ask of them. The players did.

At the end of the day, though, I love Moss's reaction to all this. He's sort of a reflection of his coach. Some mistake it for not caring. But you can tell his view is, "ok, this is what it is and now I have to deal with it."

I thought it was an iffy call, but it did seem a bit like Moss gave him a nudge. You'd like to think that's all just part of the game. Unless a guy gets a full arm extension, I wouldn't make the call. Seems like we've been flagged for this way more than any opponent I can recall in games against us, but I can live what that call. Plus, I think the refs made it up to us later with the offsides/encroachment that kept a drive alive.

You seriously have a love affair with referees. Either that or you're Mike Pereira.

The call was pure crap, ref couldn't even see it. It was a "point of emphasis" call, somebody told them to look for Moss "pushing off". Quite frankly, what is Moss supposed to do with his arms? The DBs are always all over him, if he doesn't have his arms out, they'll just hang onto him.

Moss was getting mugged all nite, and didn't receive one PI call - and the offensive PI call was as bogus as it gets.

It was a bullsh1t call. Anyone who professes otherwise is just blind.

The thing that really bothers me is that the refs didn't throw a flag all night when Moss' shirt was literally getting ripped off by grabby CBs.

I also think it was a bad call but I guess we have to live with it because enough teams have made adequate protests to the league about what Moss's pushing/shoving that the ref's now immediately reach for the flag even if they can't see clearly what Moss does. Make me :mad:

But then, hopefully BB or someone is taping these (no pun!) and shows the league about these crappy calls that change the whole dimension of the game.

All said - hats off to the Eagles.

Good thing for us because it will make us better prepared for these 'blueprints' and secondly, no need for BB to serve any humble pie for the rest of the season. Our guys had it stuffed into them for the whole season last night. ;)

The refs are watching tape before the games, then calling what they saw on the tape during the game.

Excellent theory, and it's consistent with brain research: put the idea in their heads, and the refs are then aware of the concept of offensive PI.

From the camera angles that gave I could never really see what happened before the ball got there so it's hard for me to say.

The Offensive PI called on Moss for the TD..is it me? or was that the biggest BS call you have ever seen? I know Moss has gotten away with a 1 or 2 this season for TD's..barely..but todays PI call was horrid, Ive watched it about 10 times on my dvr and it looks like the guy flopped, just like basketball..Moss's fingertips touched his jersey..not even his hand, the tip of his frickin gloves..I feel like they are unfairly targeting him in the endzone..that is like 4 td's they have taken from him this year because of offensive PI.

One or Two!!!!!!! The guy extends his arm against the defender to get space on virtually every ball thrown to him.

That was a bad call. I think officials are playing catch up for the myriad of push-offs Moss has gotten away with in the past. Note that when he's put on alert for not pushing off, his stats are a pedestrian 5 for 43, 8.6 average 11 long, 0 TDs.
And any case, stop your whining, there is no team in the history of the league that's benefitted more from questionable calls than the Refriots.

lol...are you trying to insinuate Moss is merely a product of pushoffs?? Hilarious.

That was a bad call. I think officials are playing catch up for the myriad of push-offs Moss has gotten away with in the past. Note that when he's put on alert for not pushing off, his stats are a pedestrian 5 for 43, 8.6 average 11 long, 0 TDs.
And any case, stop your whining, there is no team in the history of the league that's benefitted more from questionable calls than the Refriots.

Yeah you're right, Moss has no talent and if he doesn't push off he sucks. :bricks: The only question I have is if he isn't that good, how come they were double teaming him all night?

Moss is the best reciver in the league hands down

Welker is great, he can get it done when i matters, but 31 teams out there are scared to death of Randy Moss.

Moss is the best reciver in the league hands down

Welker is great, he can get it done when i matters, but 31 teams out there are scared to death of Randy Moss.

You mean 30 teams. Philly didn't look that scared and the Pats can't be scared of their own player.

Moss was double covered all night by Lito Shepard and Brian Dawkins. How much more attention could he have gotten from the Eagles? This was a classic "decoy" night, although not necessarily intentionally.

Go ahead and name some. I've been posing this challenge for like two years straight and not one fan who's made the claim you've made has even acknowledged it, let alone addressed it.

Last edited:
Go ahead and name some. I've been posing this challenge for like two years straight and not one fan who's made the claim you've made has even acknowledged it, let alone addressed it.

Good luck trying to get BuffJill to answer any of your questions. I've been trying for two weeks now to get her to answer this simple question (you have to pretend that this question is in set in fantasy land):

BuffJill is the commissioner of the NFL who "caught" the Pats "cheating" and has already fined them and taken away a #1 pick. Now the Pats are angry at the league and are "running up the score". What would she do as the commissioner to stop the Pats from embarrassing other teams?

Did they try running Moss from the slot at all? Would that have changed the double coverage or gotten Stallworth open deep?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes