PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Pass Interference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord, it's always something with you guys.

That touchdown at the end of the first half probably should have been reviewed. You guys mention Madden saying what a bad call the Moss call was, how come you don't mention them questioning that touchdown? Oh, yeah, because that one went your way.

Wait, you mean the one that was obviously a touchdown because he obviously got both feet in obviously? Again, go to NFL.com, click on "Week 12 Tom Brady Highlights", go to 1:30, and tell me why that should have been reviewed.

Lord, it's always something with you guys. You've gotten your share of BS calls over the years, don't forget the absolute mugging you gave the Colts recievers a few years back and got away with.

PWP: Perhaps you'll remember that the alleged 'mugging' was within the rules at that time. Polian later had the rule emphasis changed.

That touchdown at the end of the first half probably should have been reviewed. You guys mention Madden saying what a bad call the Moss call was, how come you don't mention them questioning that touchdown? Oh, yeah, because that one went your way.

PWP: Perhaps it should have been reviewed since it was inside 2 minutes. Had it been reviewed, he clearly had both limbs in the EZ and maintained ball control. You might want to learn NFL rules before posting. Just a hint.

You wouldn't have won that first Super Bowl if you hadn't gotten the BS "tuck rule" call, which is still the biggest BS NFL call of all time. A few calls go against you and you guys start going on about a league bias which makes you look like a bunch of whining punks.

PWP: If you followed NFL football you'd know that the Tuck rule was properly called. For example, the same rule was called against the Pats in game 2 of the 2001 season and Testaverde's 'fumble' recovered by the Pats in a close game they lost was reversed and (correctly) declared an incomplete pass. Those pesky NFL rules again.

And the Moss call wasn't a BS call, I'll admit I've seen worse, but I've also seen guys get called for less. Moss does that stuff constantly, so I'm sure they watch him a little more closely, he gets away with it a lot, he got called on this one, that's the way it goes.

The only thing fishy about the game to me is why in the hell did Feeley throw that pass to the endzone? Is he on the Pats payroll or something? Dumb dumb dumb dumb. I still can't believe it.

Don't give up on fooball just because you're ignorant. Learn the game & you'll enjoy it more!

Last edited:
As for the tuck rule call. Dude, I've watched that play a hundred times, it's a fumble. It wasn't properly called. The only people in the world who think that was a "proper" call are Pats fans, which I understand, but it was a fumble.

Then you've no doubt seen Woodson's head slap to Brady a hundred times, as well. So, not only was the call correct, but the Pats should have gotten fifteen yards, too.

Last edited:
The rules for completion and possesion are simple, Bart. Even you can understand them. Try!

Arm moving fwd...the Tuck Rule MUST be invoked. The rule was deliberately designed to allow NO discretion. It was not a 'new rule' as the tinfoil types disengenuously claim. Their lies are easily disproven.

If you obsessively watched that play a hundred times (as I hope you really did) you'd note the blow to the head delivered to Brady. Shoulda been 15 yards for the Pats tacked on.

Last edited:
If you think about it offensive pass interference penalties really aren't that big of a penalty. IMO there should be a loss of down included. Randy needs get out of that bad habit.

Tinfoil hat paranoia, lol? Kind of like some of these the "league has it in for the Pats posts right here in this thread? That kind of paranoia?

Yes, precisely. Birds of a feather.

Last edited:
That call was so bogus. After they showed the replay on the jumbotron, the crowd went ape ****. After the next play, they showed the lead official talking to Brady. He was probably saying "We screwed up on that one."

That was a bad call. I think officials are playing catch up for the myriad of push-offs Moss has gotten away with in the past. Note that when he's put on alert for not pushing off, his stats are a pedestrian 5 for 43, 8.6 average 11 long, 0 TDs.
And any case, stop your whining, there is no team in the history of the league that's benefitted more from questionable calls than the Refriots.

I actually think when he got clocked by that safety over the middle - he was out of the game after that - even though he was on the field.

Worst call you've ever seen? Damn, how warped if your guys' perception of reality if that was the worst call you've ever seen? That was a classic push off, you can't get your hands into your opponents chest then seperate to make the catch.

Aqua -
You clearly didn't watch the play. If you'd had, you'd have seen Moss STOP and raise his arms up for the catch and that it was Moss stopping that cause the separation. Moss didn't push off.

yeah Aqua...uh...Aqua???

Aqqqqqquuuuuuuaaaaaa????

oh wait...the Phins are about to be decapitated for their 11th straight loss tonight

forget it, my bad...I thought he might be around but I forgot...he's under a rock

One or Two!!!!!!! The guy extends his arm against the defender to get space on virtually every ball thrown to him.

Moss isn't Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. You are getting your receivers confused.

The Offensive PI called on Moss for the TD..is it me? or was that the biggest BS call you have ever seen? I know Moss has gotten away with a 1 or 2 this season for TD's..barely..but todays PI call was horrid, Ive watched it about 10 times on my dvr and it looks like the guy flopped, just like basketball..Moss's fingertips touched his jersey..not even his hand, the tip of his frickin gloves..I feel like they are unfairly targeting him in the endzone..that is like 4 td's they have taken from him this year because of offensive PI.
Randy has gotten away with a couple touches,I was worried each time, the flag was gonna fly..........we are still on the plus side for him getting away with it.........I hope it stays that way...........it will until some crybaby *****es.........:)

Lord, it's always something with you guys. You've gotten your share of BS calls over the years, don't forget the absolute mugging you gave the Colts recievers a few years back and got away with.

BS. It was 2 plays and it was Roman Phifer on Marcus Pollard. The 4 interceptions Manning threw in that game had nothing to do with the receivers getting hit beyond 5 yards.

Actually, if you bothered to look on the board, you'd see there were plenty of comments wondering why Michaels and Madden were yammering on about the TD when it was CLEARLY a TD. Both of Gaffney's feet were in.

You wouldn't have won that first Super Bowl if you hadn't gotten the BS "tuck rule" call, which is still the biggest BS NFL call of all time. A few calls go against you and you guys start going on about a league bias which makes you look like a bunch of whining punks.

Another loser who doesn't understand that it wasn't a BS call and that it was a rule for 10 years prior to it being called that day. In fact, it had been called twice in favor of 2 Patriots opponents earlier in the year.

OH, btw SFBs, this has been going on for at least 4 years. Its not like its something new. Just because you wondered your sorry arse into here now doesn't mean that we've not had issues previously. The Pats have been screwed the last 2 years in the play-offs by absolutely horrific pass-interference calls.

And the Moss call wasn't a BS call, I'll admit I've seen worse, but I've also seen guys get called for less. Moss does that stuff constantly, so I'm sure they watch him a little more closely, he gets away with it a lot, he got called on this one, that's the way it goes.

The Moss call was a BS call. There isn't much less you can do other than what Moss did.

The only thing fishy about the game to me is why in the hell did Feeley throw that pass to the endzone? Is he on the Pats payroll or something? Dumb dumb dumb dumb. I still can't believe it.

The Eagles were slicing the Pats up, they were burning up the clock, they just needed a field goal to tie and they throw a bomb towards the endzone? WTF? Seriously, they had been tearing up the Pats all night, why go for that? Just keep going right up the middle. I guess crap like that is why Feeley is a backup.

Or maybe it was Andy Reid calling the play thinking that it would be there because he'd figured the Pats would try and take away the inside routes.

No, its not a fumble. You're an idiot. And Gruden was an idiot at the time.

1) Woodsen should have been called for an illegal hit to the head.

2) Brady's arm was moving forward when Woodsen's right hand hit Brady's, knocking the ball loose. But Brady's arm was moving forward in a passing motion. That's the definition of the rule.

You mean 30 teams. Philly didn't look that scared and the Pats can't be scared of their own player.

They were all over Moss all night, with 2-3 guys just about molesting him, Id say they were pretty scared...Not scared would mean single coverge on Moss all night.

Bart, Bart where are you? Report to your owners!

Tinfoil hat paranoia, lol? Kind of like some of these the "league has it in for the Pats posts right here in this thread? That kind of paranoia?

It's not just the league bart - it's everything in universal existence

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye