PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Pass Interference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a bad call. I actually wish Belichick were more willing to call out the officials after lousy games. I think his silence doesn't help because the spotlight doesn't get shown on what's happening on the field.

I disagree. His silence to the media and unwillingness to call them out in post-game pressers works to his advantage IMO.

The spotlight is brought on these calls by teams in private when they file their weekly complaints/requests for explanation to the league regarding suspect calls in the previous week's game.

Compare this to Billick who is always calling out the refs for making bad calls and it then creates a self-fulfilling prophecy where he keeps getting screwed.

Classic example was this week's Ravens-Chargers game. Billick challenged a borderline call that he easily could have won; just a classic example of it could go either way.

I said to my friend that no way Billick wins this borderline calls; that's the price you pay for calling out refs in public. He lost the challenge and the ref was completely defensible in their ruling (just as they would have been had they ruled in Billick's favor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back