PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Mangini favorite for Browns' head coach, then would hire Kokinis as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, btw, what happened to the theories that he 'ratted' out the Pats and so would be avoided by all? Proves that it is just business as usual that doesn't take into account sentiments.
Or it proves that Lerner is an idiot.

Oh, wait, he already proved that by preferring Mangini to Pioli.

The people who have to be wondering now are the Jets. Will he rat them out on anything? Probably not. He got enough flack with the videotaping stuff.

But I would be very careful around him. Once a rat, always a rat.

yup and iam sure a lot of pats fans went nuts when kraft gave up a 1st round pick to get BB.

I didn't go nuts but I thought Kraft overpaid.

I was totally wrong.

Or it proves that Lerner is an idiot.

Oh, wait, he already proved that by preferring Mangini to Pioli.

The people who have to be wondering now are the Jets. Will he rat them out on anything? Probably not. He got enough flack with the videotaping stuff.

But I would be very careful around him. Once a rat, always a rat.

Mangini pissed off Bill Belichick by trying to steal Patriot's assistant

coaches as soon as he was hired by the Jets. He is already trying

to steal the Jet's assistant coaches.

Browns hire a former Patriots DC and Ravens Personnel guy. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
So the other Mangini thread belongs in a different forum than this one?

Is there a plan here?

threads

Last edited:
If there is an idiot of the year award in the NFL, its a unanaimous vote for Randy Lerner in hiring the Rat for his head coach. Doesn't he realize that without Belichick providing a laptop with plays on it to steal he has no game plan. It is unbelievable that he turned down Pioli and Ferenz to hire that pile of crap and a flunky GM.

Last edited:
Tom Heckert Wants No Part of Eric Mangini

Tom Heckert, the Eagles general manager in title if not practice (Reid has final say on all personnel decisions) has told the Cleveland Browns that he is no longer interested in rebuilding the Cleveland Browns.
Scout.com reports:
Tom Heckert … has removed his name from consideration for an executive position with the Cleveland Browns.
[snip]
Heckert, the source said, was uncomfortable going to an organization where he would have no input whatsoever in the hiring of a head coach.
The fact that Heckert decided to remove his name from consideration before even talking with the Browns owner suggests that either he has a head coach tabbed and ready to slot in (a home grown product?) or he has no faith at all in the one-time Soprano’s star. Either way, worth noting.
This entry was

Last edited:
The scrollbar on ESPN says that 3 potential GM candidates have declined to interview with the Browns since Mangini was announced as headcaoch. Hilarious :singing:

The scrollbar on ESPN says that 3 potential GM candidates have declined to interview with the Browns since Mangini was announced as headcaoch. Hilarious :singing:

Mike Holley said he was spraying the Fabreeze on the monitor during I-Dream-Of-Geenie's Browns interview. :eek:

Last edited:
Mangini is a fat hermaphrodite

Maybe Ratgini can convince Lerner to hire our old friend Walsh to be the GM and camera man for the Browns.

Last edited:
Did he really named his newborn son after Brett? Oh my god. And now the spin is he never wanted him? You've got to be kidding me.

People "close" to Mangini have been leaking information that he really wasn't all that keen about Favre, but remained publicly supportive. Ultimately I'd say its the Browns fans who are trying to convince themselves of this. Mangini can't hide from his comments and the fact he named his son after him as an incentive to get him to NY. A lot of Browns fans didn't realize that either and were drinking the Kool Aid and saying he was just a victim of an aging QB he never wanted.

That's, shall we say, a bit of a stretch... even as of mid-season Mangini was taking credit for his active role in recruiting Favre. That says a lot about Mangini's character.

As pledged, Mangini gives son middle name Brett in QB's honor - NFL - ESPN

Mangini committed to using the middle name, Brett, when he and the Jets were trying to get Favre to come to New York in the summer.

"Well, the history behind that," Mangini explained, "is all my kids have middle names that are related to people that have been important to me in my football career."

So, when the Jets were recruiting the NFL's career leader in touchdown throws, Mangini made the middle name a negotiating chip.

"I explained that history and explained that we were pregnant with our third child," Mangini said. "I really believed that he could be an instrumental part in another good year and an important part of my football life and I would commit to Zack Brett Mangini at that point. That was part of our terms, and we stuck with it."

The poor Browns fans are having to delude themselves about quite a bit these days... such as why Lerner needed to move so quickly to hire a coach who no other organization was the slightest bit interested in (the answer, they say is because Mangini needs to move quickly to hire the best assistant coaches as they are in such high demand.... the "best assistant coaches" of course being the ones who's teams couldn't make the playoffs, or couldn't win a game in the playoffs.)

Now everyone goes on and on about how important it is for Mangini to have his handpicked GM partner, they may find themselves scrambling to find any GM willing to come into the organization... or at the very least, Kokinis might himself be able to demand that Mangini name his next son after him, and demand everything else short of actual team ownership to take the job as GM and avoid humiliation for Lerner and Mangini. No question, Kokinis holds all the cards in his negotiations.

...just reaffirms how nice it is to have an owner who's not an idiot.

Last edited:

Hmmm...do they not want to be associated with individuals whom they can't trust? :D

Actually I'd say its the Browns fans who are trying to convince themselves of this. Mangini can't hide from his comments. A lot of Browns fans didn't realize that either and were drinking the Kool Aid and saying he was just a victim of an aging QB he never wanted.

If that is true, then the Browns and the fans (and their new HC) deserve each other and can duke it out with the Lions for the worst record next year. :cool:

People really believe that Mr. Mangini didn't want Lord Favre? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back