PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mort -Dan Lebatard Show [Updated: 12:15am 8/4 Florio Completely Debunks His Claims!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From this NESN article
http://nesn.com/2015/08/christ-mortensen-nfl-investigating-deflategate-was-a-mistake/
Mortensen thinks:

1. reporting balls 'severely underinflated' would have been an ok turn of phrase vs. 'underinflated by 2 psi';

2. the Wells report is a joke;

3. that this should have gone to the Competition Committee with people getting slaps on the wrist.

From this, I conclude that Mortensen still does not understand the crux of this fiasco; he does not yet understand the workings and role of the IGL in this. He still thinks, exhibiting Kensil levels of ignorance, that the gap in psi between the equipment room and the playing field is somehow serious, even 'severe'. Yet, he claims enough understanding to evaluate the Wells report as a joke? He still thinks that someone did something for which slaps on the wrist are required. Maybe he's thinking of the Colts...

Last edited:
Isn't that Ironic. Mortenson complaining about misreporting. :eek:

"You've drummed up business as if this is the first time I've talked about this, which it isn't. And I said I'm not going to let you or Mr. Kraft or anybody do any more misreporting about this thing, so don't call."

I don't recall Mort using the Mr. in front of Kraft's name, at least not on the audio that I heard. When I have time I'll have to check on that.

Mort's a quivering blob now........he's caught between being the ESPN company guy and knowing that eventually, ESPN is just going to dump it on him and he will get ****canned.

as Anton in 'No Country for Old Men" says: And you know what's going to happen now. You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it

Per PFT:
Mortensen also said he has recently spoken to Patriots owner Robert Kraft. While declining to delve into any details of the conversation, Mortensen said that Kraft told him, “Our fight is not with you. It’s with the NFL.”

Owners meeting on August 11th - Mr. Kraft may have a strong message for his 31 partners
until they have all the 2016 draft picks back, Kraft words and strong messages bout NFL are worth nothing to me.
If he so angry bout NFL, how come is he on the picture with Godell after he backed off? If i am pissed at somebody i am not going to some rich ppl meetings together with that person. If i can call Godell as a person.

From this NESN article
http://nesn.com/2015/08/christ-mortensen-nfl-investigating-deflategate-was-a-mistake/
Mortensen thinks:

1. reporting balls 'severely underinflated' would have been an ok turn of phrase vs. 'underinflated by 2 psi';

2. the Wells report is a joke;

3. that this should have gone to the Competition Committee with people getting slaps on the wrist.

From this, I conclude that Mortensen still does not understand the crux of this fiasco; he does not yet understand the workings and role of the IGL in this. He still thinks, exhibiting Kensil levels of ignorance, that the gap in psi between the equipment room and the playing field is somehow serious, even 'severe'. Yet, he claims enough understanding to evaluate the Wells report as a joke? He still thinks that someone did something for which slaps on the wrist are required. Maybe he's thinking of the Colts...

Interesting points in 2 & 3. Maybe i will respect Mort again if he says those things on a bigger platform than the Lebatard show.

Interesting points in 2 & 3. Maybe i will respect Mort again if he says those things on a bigger platform than the Lebatard show.
Problem is, Mortenson persisting in pt. 1 shows he cannot have sufficient understanding to make a judgement of the Wells report so his opinion on it is worthless. Pt. 3 shows he thinks, better feels, that someone should be punished (even if just a slap on the wrist) for nothing having been done. He's ok with an innocent party being punished a little bit because it's an easier position to take than to think through the implications of IGL.

His positions are intellectually incoherent because to this date, even with all the information re IGL published, he simply does not understand the fundamental issue.

I have a feeling that Brady will sue him after this shame is over, settled, upheld, vacated, or whatever...than the personal things will be the next items on the to-do list.

This scumbag has a twitter verified account, that means he is somewhat famous, that fu.cking tweet is still there (he might be more stupid than Volin) and he left Brady hung out to dry for 6 months, and still didn't correct that erroneous information. People only learn when their actions affect their wallets, 100K is nothing for Brady, but I bet is a lot for a journalist, even famous. Sue him Tom.

Chris M could have used the following headlines in his report:

Patriots balls each deflated by 2lbs - Blatant lie
Patriots balls severely deflated - Blatant lie
Patriots balls all at or around minimum PSI range at halftime
Both Colts and Patriots balls not at minimum PSI levels
Colts balls found underinflated
Colts balls severely underinflated - Blatant lie

From one extreme to the next image, imagine how each report would have shaped this whole thing. Imagine if he used something middle ground instead of a lie.

I dont think Brady is suing anyone. Lets see what happens. ;)

Mort - This guy is so insignificant he had to find something to report on, desperation of a guy that was once relevant and no longer is, shoot my kids in their mid-20's have no idea who he is...insignificant and a has been.

From this, I conclude that Mortensen still does not understand the crux of this fiasco

WEEI is playing clips from the interview and it is clear as day that Mort is lying. To truly not grasp so many blatant distinctions, he would have to be functionally ******ed. As the father of a beautiful boy with Down Syndrome, I don't use that term lightly or with hyperbole; just stating a fact.

Since I'll grant Mort some level of competence, he has proven himself to be a despicable piece of filth. I had more respect for him when he simply refused to comment.

WEEI is playing clips from the interview and it is clear as day that Mort is lying. To truly not grasp so many blatant distinctions, he would have to be functionally ******ed. As the father of a beautiful boy with Down Syndrome, I don't use that term lightly or with hyperbole; just stating a fact.

Since I'll grant Mort some level of competence, he has proven himself to be a despicable piece of filth. I had more respect for him when he simply refused to comment.

Before this interview, I was cutting Mort some slack as I really thought he was being squelched and strong-armed into dummy-ing up and forced to tow the company line.

Now, he has come off as just as complicit, insulting, corrupt and condescending as the NFL. What a slimy, self-serving jerk.

Mort is out of your son's league.

Of course NOW the tweet has been deleted.

Maybe he looked at my screen capture this morning?

I just read the transcript. Pathetic.

"I changed the narrative. You can call that a retraction.".

"It was a mistake that I didn't pull it down from Twitter. I'm still trying to figure that out.".

Mort- I know you are hamstrung by your bosses but you are a loathsome scumbag.

That was sooooo orchestrated.
I do not believe that someone on Mort's staff (I'm positive he at least has an intern helping him) does not know how to delete a tweet. Pathetic! And BTW journalistic integrity requires he not just delete it, but that he issue a complete retraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe