PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morris has injured sternum, may miss a month - BostonHerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
No question Addai was a great draft pick. He's exceeded expectations.

Absolutely. Interesting how he was considered a big reach for need at the time -- remember Manning telling Brady "you took our RB"?

No matter what they say now, nobody wanted the Pats to take Addai at #21 back then. Nobody. The RB question was between Maroney and DeAngelo Williams (though more fans wanted an OLB like Manny Lawson!)

You can call me a Colts homer but I don't argue anything without a basis of facts, you can read every post I've ever made at this forum and hold me to that, and your looking like more of a *** with every post you make in this thread

Spoken like a true homer. Now, run along and pretend that Addai didn't get banged up last season while splitting carries, didn't miss a game this season right before the bye and didn't face much easier defenses than Maroney last season while getting more carries. The saddest part about your complaint is that I'm not even knocking Addai. He's had a great start to his career.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Interesting how he was considered a big reach for need at the time -- remember Manning telling Brady "you took our RB"?

No matter what they say now, nobody wanted the Pats to take Addai at #21 back then. Nobody. The RB question was between Maroney and DeAngelo Williams (though more fans wanted an OLB like Manny Lawson!)

Great points. I remember it well.

Kids, kids. This thread is about SAMMY MORRIS. Chill with the Maroney flaming why dontcha?

Kids, kids. This thread is about SAMMY MORRIS. Chill with the Maroney flaming why dontcha?

I want opinions right here right now. If Morris goes down for a long time, and faulk gets hurt, how many think Maroney can carry the ball 20 - 25 times per game and stay healthy? How many think Maroney is a back who can take a true nfl running backs work load?

Lets hear it.

I want opinions right here right now. If Morris goes down for a long time, and faulk gets hurt, how many think Maroney can carry the ball 20 - 25 times per game and stay healthy? How many think Maroney is a back who can take a true nfl running backs work load?

Lets hear it.

Yo ho ho, my pirate firend. You have bravado, but you're leaving me in the dust. I had a better argument than anything you've provided pertaining to Maroney running. You've yet to respond. As you say: "Lets (sic) hear it." This is now the second time I've had to entreat you. Catch up before you mortgage more.

To give you a head start: Go check out his stats at MINN. Tell me how many times he ran 20, 25, 30, oh, 43 times. Yeah, it's CFB. 43 in one game is almost 1/4 of Addai's season high. The reasons go on from there, if you'd like.

Last edited:
Yo ho ho, my pirate firend. You have bravado, but you're leaving me in the dust. I had a better argument than anything you've provided pertaining to Maroney running. You've yet to respond. As you say: "Lets (sic) hear it." This is now the second time I've had to entreat you. Catch up before you mortgage more.

To give you a head start: Go check out his stats at MINN. Tell me how many times he ran 20, 25, 30, oh, 43 times. Yeah, it's CFB. 43 in one game is almost 1/4 of Addai's season high. The reasons go on from there, if you'd like.

Last time I checked Min was not the NFL. You have not made a single good point nor refuted anything you have been called out on.

Last edited:
You can call me a Colts homer but I don't argue anything without a basis of facts, you can read every post I've ever made at this forum and hold me to that, and your looking like more of a *** with every post you make in this thread

baby carries for Maroney - 17
big boy Addai carries - 21

Oops. Boomer - try being rational. We're not the ones making a sweeping statement. We acknowledge that Maroney's had some durability issues and we're waiting to see before judging him as "made of glass" or whatever. I know it's your instinct to assume the guy who's preaching negatives HAS to be the one who's being objective but a quick look at the actual arguments being made tells a different story.

baby carries for Maroney - 17
big boy Addai carries - 21

Oops. Boomer - try being rational. We're not the ones making a sweeping statement. We acknowledge that Maroney's had some durability issues and we're waiting to see before judging him as "made of glass" or whatever. I know it's your instinct to assume the guy who's preaching negatives HAS to be the one who's being objective but a quick look at the actual arguments being made tells a different story.

Maroney has missed 3 times as many games with only 4 less carries per game.

How do you explain Addai playing for all 16 games last season and rushing for over 1000 yards? Meanwhile Maroney missed several games and ran like crap at the end of the year due to his injuries. Then had major off season surgery to boot.

Last edited:

Lets hear it.

I think he can. I'll be proven right and you won't. Thanks for making sweeping statements about a guy who's been in the league for a little over one season. I think I'll be patient and not condemn him just yet.

Thank you, John. Excellent point.

It blows that Morris is out, but I hope they don't IR him out of need for the spot. I love the combination of him with Maroney. I think his ability to spell, and at times replace, Maroney will work out well in the long run. Maroney will be that much fresher when we head into the playoffs.

Last time I checked Min was not the NFL. You have not made a single good point nor refuted anything you have been called out on.

Firstly, I haven't been called out for anything, my little bird.

Secondly, both players, Addai and Maroney, have more experience in the NCAA than NFL. It would behoove you to consider the players, respectively, in their entirety before making chump assumptions.

Thirdly: I've made great points and anybody not flagging for means to defile another simply for the sake of said actions would see that. Particularly when the point isn't to further one's own status but, rather, to achieve a modicum of understanding, intellectually, about what the topic of debate is really about.

Since the topic of this thread is Morris's injury, not who we should have drafted or who is a better back or who else is available, I'd like to get back to that subject. The cited article said the injury was to "the bone connecting the sternum to the clavicle". Does that even make sense, anatomically?

I think he can. I'll be proven right and you won't. Thanks for making sweeping statements about a guy who's been in the league for a little over one season. I think I'll be patient and not condemn him just yet.

A sweeping statement is calling him injury prone? Oh brother. To this point he has infact been injury prone and made out of glass.

A sweeping statement is calling him injury prone? Oh brother. To this point he has infact been injury prone and made out of glass.

Your contention is that what Maroney is and will be is a weakling who can't be counted on. Mine takes a longer view. This thread is supposed to be about Sammy Morris. You've distracted enough from this (and other) thread(s) - please stop.

Since the topic of this thread is Morris's injury, not who we should have drafted or who is a better back or who else is available, I'd like to get back to that subject. The cited article said the injury was to "the bone connecting the sternum to the clavicle". Does that even make sense, anatomically?

No. But otherwise, it is a SUPREMELY painful injury. Dude is fucced. Hurts to breathe, hurts to move, etc. Prolly just a misunderstanding, etc. The type of dumb detail die-hards debate to death without understanding. Honestly, Morris might be done for the season, depending on the severity.

Your contention is that what Maroney is and will be is a weakling who can't be counted on. Mine takes a longer view. This thread is supposed to be about Sammy Morris. You've distracted enough from this (and other) thread(s) - please stop.

Correction, you think I am saying Maroney is a weakling who cannot be counted on because of you own insecurities. I don't think he is a weakling. I think he is a great runner who cannot be counted on due to his track record of being dinged up and or injured thus far.

Morris has a lot to do with Maroney. Morris being out puts the load on Maroney. It was a natural progression of the thread. If you don't like my comment don't reply to it. Last time I checked a thread was not dedicated to a single topic no matter what! When someone brings up something related to the original topic and or injured player and the thread shifts, that does not make it a hijack. It makes my question / post the more popular reply. It's not like im talking about something totally unrelated to Morris. Morris is Maroney's backup. Morris getting injured relates to maroney being injury prone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
No. But otherwise, it is a SUPREMELY painful injury. Dude is fucced. Hurts to breathe, hurts to move, etc. Prolly just a misunderstanding, etc. The type of dumb detail die-hards debate to death without understanding. Honestly, Morris might be done for the season, depending on the severity.
I did a little research (you know, like the caveman says to the narrator in the GEICO ad...) There is a ligament called the costalclavicular ligament which connects the upper end of the sternum to the clavicle (collarbone) on either side. This is probably what he injured. From the length of time (a month) I would guess it to be a stretch rather than a partial or complete tear. But what do I know? (Don't answer that ;) )

edit: I meant to put this link in: http://www.innerbody.com/image/skelfov.html

Last edited:
I did a little research (you know, like the caveman says to the narrator in the GEICO ad...) There is a ligament called the costalclavicular ligament which connects the upper end of the sternum to the clavicle (collarbone) on either side. This is probably what he injured. From the length of time (a month) I would guess it to be a stretch rather than a partial or complete tear. But what do I know? (Don't answer that ;) )

edit: I meant to put this link in: http://www.innerbody.com/image/skelfov.html

check out www.sportsinjuryclinic.net Great, great site. Particularly for week-end warriors or amateur diagnostics. Not in a condescending way. Very informative.

good site. It's fun to speculate, but the fact that speculators are usually wrong gets my goat.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why you feel the need to make a huge pronouncement on what Maroney's potential is, based on a small sample-size and totally discounting the fact that the guy's been a game-time decision every week - clearly a precaution on BB's part.

Do you give no credence to the idea that the Pats had the luxury of letting one of the season's typical heal 100%, given the schedule, other players available and gameplan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News