PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Morris out this week and probably longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? In 8 weeks, NE will be playing their 13th game. That gives Morris 4 weeks to get ready for the playoffs. Roster spots *are* valuable, but who is out there that even comes close to matching the value that Morris provides?

I suppose that giving him an injury settlement with the agreement that he be re-signed once healthy might work, but why even do that? I could see a case if NE had a bunch of guys hurting or if the RB position was really suffering, but neither is the case right now. Maroney is almost certain to return in this game (leaving NE with LoMo, Faulk, Evans, Eckel - which is fine) and everyone in NE's passing offense is fine.

I just don't see why so many are quick to discuss IR with Morris.

I guess we will keep our eye on it, it some ways it is similar to how the carried Harrison for the later part of last year. There is no need to push him aside right now, and personally he has really impressed me. Things start to get dicey if Faulk and or Maroney cannot stay on the field.

Best case - Maroney is able to carry the load as a true #1.

I guess we will keep our eye on it, it some ways it is similar to how the carried Harrison for the later part of last year. There is no need to push him aside right now, and personally he has really impressed me. Things start to get dicey if Faulk and or Maroney cannot stay on the field.

Best case - Maroney is able to carry the load as a true #1.

Which to this point he has proven he cannot. I love maroneys ability , but we need a backup plan. maroney is always one hard hit from a 1 - 4 game sit.

I wouldn't be surprised if NE uses this game to give Eckel a "tryout" to see whether they need to do this or not.

I also won't be surprised if Eckel does fine and NE signs no one.

Whatever happened to Heath Evans? Isn't he exactly what we need right now? (to complement Faulk for a couple weeks)

P.S. The Stephen Neal lines are cracking me up.

Last edited:
I guess Brady will just have to pass more.

Imagine the Colts dismay when a healthy Morris who will have missed the Nov game runs their lightweight D into the ground in the AFCCG. Surprise!

Morris will return for December, which should be fine, given continued health of the existing RB staff. Belichick is auditioning shadow roster RBs in case of yet another injury. BB continues to claim Maroney really is 'close' but if there is ANY question with a groin pull, I'd sit him out against the Phins. Yes, I AM looking ahead a couple games. A healthy Faulk, Evans, Eckle combo should be sufficient to defeat a team with a terrible offense and a defense showing its age and discouragement.
Then again, several Miami players WILL play hard Sunday in hopes that BB will sign them next season.

Nice scoop again Tomase, you fat MLB whore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey