PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Rodney Fuel, A Preseason Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a ranking for the first week (as opposed to forecasting the season)...

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/2006/09/05/nfl_preseason_power_rankings.php

4. New England Patriots [12-4] — Almost every year, the Patriots do things I think are nuts, and they're terrific anyway. Three years ago, they cut Lawyer Milloy right before the season opener, got blown out 31-0, then went 17-1 the rest of the way, including a victory in Super Bowl XXXVIII. This year, they let Willie McGinest go to Cleveland, and they're starting the season without their only premier pass-catcher, WR Deion Branch. If everything works out, Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli have redefined the term "genius" as it applies to professional football.

#4 is a reasonable fower ranking the Pats. I'm willing to listen to an arguement that, RIGHT NOW, Pittsburgh, Denver, Carolina or Seattle are as strong or stronger than the Pats.

I will walk away from anyone who tries to claim Indy, Miami, Cincy or Dallas are in our league.

Of course, by February, we all now who #1 will be.

And here's a guy predicting Bill Belichick's 100th win over Buffalo...

http://www.miningjournal.net/stories/articles.asp?articleID=6135

Buffalo at New England: No Willie McGinest. No Adam Vinatieri. But the Patriots will find a way to win what would be coach Bill Belichick’s 100th victory as an NFL head coach. Patriots 22, Bills 16
I'd assume someone else in the press would be making a fuss if this was the eve of BB's 100th win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft