PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Rodney Fuel, A Preseason Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a ranking for the first week (as opposed to forecasting the season)...

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/2006/09/05/nfl_preseason_power_rankings.php

4. New England Patriots [12-4] — Almost every year, the Patriots do things I think are nuts, and they're terrific anyway. Three years ago, they cut Lawyer Milloy right before the season opener, got blown out 31-0, then went 17-1 the rest of the way, including a victory in Super Bowl XXXVIII. This year, they let Willie McGinest go to Cleveland, and they're starting the season without their only premier pass-catcher, WR Deion Branch. If everything works out, Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli have redefined the term "genius" as it applies to professional football.

#4 is a reasonable fower ranking the Pats. I'm willing to listen to an arguement that, RIGHT NOW, Pittsburgh, Denver, Carolina or Seattle are as strong or stronger than the Pats.

I will walk away from anyone who tries to claim Indy, Miami, Cincy or Dallas are in our league.

Of course, by February, we all now who #1 will be.

And here's a guy predicting Bill Belichick's 100th win over Buffalo...

http://www.miningjournal.net/stories/articles.asp?articleID=6135

Buffalo at New England: No Willie McGinest. No Adam Vinatieri. But the Patriots will find a way to win what would be coach Bill Belichick’s 100th victory as an NFL head coach. Patriots 22, Bills 16
I'd assume someone else in the press would be making a fuss if this was the eve of BB's 100th win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back