PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More NY Times crap about the Patriots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He means ESPN Sports Reporters...anybody that saw it must have the same sickening feeling that I do.

We are going to get screwed Tuesday....I am realy afraid they suspend BB and then you will see the cry for subsequent asterisk designation.

They do not care about truth & fact.

After nine months, I'm beginning to see the writing on the wall, too.

90% of the media has it's mind made up. If last week's revelations about the 8 tapes didn't vindicate BB and the Patriots and has caused this blizzard of misinformation by spin doctors, wait until we get the multiple photo ops/press conferences of Tuesday.

I honestly thought that, as the facts came out, we would gain some clarity on this issue - - whether it was positive OR negative for the Patriots. The past few days have convinced me that it won't matter what facts come to light. The Patriots are cooked, and that eventuality has been pre-determined.

Last edited:
After nine months, I'm beginning to see the writing on the wall, too.

90% of the media has it's mind made up. If last week's revelations about the 8 tapes didn't vindicate BB and the Patriots and has caused this blizzard of misinformation by spin doctors, wait until we get the multiple photo ops/press conferences of Tuesday.

I honestly thought that, as the facts came out, we would gain some clarity on this issue - - whether it was positive OR negative for the Patriots. The past few days have convinced me that it won't matter what facts come to light. The Patriots are cooked, and that eventuality has been pre-determined.

I have to agree shmessy. When Goodell had his state of the union press conference at the super bowl, my initial reaction was "see, that's all cleared up - the Pats are vindicated." Amazingly, every media outlet more than sixty minutes awat from Foxboro spun the story in a 180 degree turn. Same thing happened a few days ago when after nine months of a walk-through pregnancy, turns out that the rumor was infertile. In spite of that revelation, the majority of writers still went with "suspension needed" and "new evidence" stories - the ones that sell more papers and ratings as opposed to sticking with the facts.

So what will happen? Goodell resists the pressure and goes with facts rather than public opinion? Or does he risk further scrutiny and more pressure from the media that knows a profitable story that catches their reader's interest?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST