PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More evidence that we are returning to form...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Look at all the injuries we laid on the Vikes (from ESPN.com):

"EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings bruised more than their egos in Monday night's thumping at the hands of New England.
Middle linebacker Napoleon Harris dislocated his wrist and was put in a cast and defensive tackle Kevin Williams played most of the 31-7 loss with a high ankle sprain, coach Brad Childress said Tuesday.
Center Matt Birk had a hyperextended knee and defensive tackle Pat Williams had some "moderate swelling" in his knee.
Childress didn't give a forecast on any of the players' chances to play Sunday at San Francisco, saying he would have a better idea Wednesday.
If Harris can't play, Childress said strong side linebacker Ben Leber could slide over or backup Dontarrious Thomas could get the start.
Receiver Marcus Robinson, who leads the team in touchdowns and missed the Patriots game with a back injury, is still recovering. "Hard to tell, hard to tell," Childress said of Robinson's status. "I know he's in there treating right now, and we'll just see what his comfort level is as well.""

I remember this being our MO in 2003 and 2004 we would destroy teams that we played, but last year it seems we were the ones getting destroyed every week.

I think the injury list of Patriots going into the Vikings game was more of a return to form. ;)

Oddly enough, amidst all the hand wringing in the injury list thread I jokingly replied:

Ho hum. Nothing new.

Watch NE go out and win 35-3 now.

Now, if only I had put that into the weekly prediction thread. :enranged:

Oswlek said:
I think the injury list of Patriots going into the Vikings game was more of a return to form. ;)

Oddly enough, amidst all the hand wringing in the injury list thread I jokingly replied:

Now, if only I had put that into the weekly prediction thread. :enranged:

Ha Ha! Me too! I am definitely going to be OUT of 1st place now. I predicted safe, boring old Pats 24, Vikes 17. I have no idea what to predict for the Colts game.

PatsDeb said:
Ha Ha! Me too! I am definitely going to be OUT of 1st place now. I predicted safe, boring old Pats 24, Vikes 17. I have no idea what to predict for the Colts game.

NE 31 Colts 20

Oswlek said:
NE 31 Colts 20

Hmmm, maybe I'll steal this, although since I don't want Adam to have anything whatsoever to do with this game, maybe I'll go Colts 21 (3 PATs vs. 2 PATs and 2 FGs) and Pats 31 :)

I remember in 2001 and 2003 that teams had longer lists of injuries after playing us. Yes, we are a physical football team, but some years are better than others in that department. This year, we are returning to that type of football. I am not surprised to see opponents IR worse for playing us.

Pats 42
Colts 21

We go for the two point conversion with 5:53 left in the game and MAKE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft