PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana dissing TFB ….. again.

Have to think that Joe has had a few too many Guinness

I really do not care about who he disses ...
It does not change anything ...
Who is the best ever is not like science, it is subjective.

Marino is the purest passer of all time. Unfortunately for him there's more to being a qb. Montana can't give brady his due because brady was in the same mold,same style, a better version. The 2.0 they both had the it factor. Imagine how bad Montana would be if the niners drafted brady instead of Giovanni carmazzi
Very well said. Marino was such a great pure passer. He was the type of QB, like Brady, made WRs into better receivers, some drafted late, into household names. For instance, Mark Clayton was an 8th round pick.

That being said, I always had Montana rated as the best QB in the NFL, until Brady overtook him. I had Montana rated over Marino due to his big game performances. The SB win vs Denver was as perfect a performance a QB could ever have. One of the bombs he threw to Rice for a TD, was just a perfect pass, a beautiful pass.

Brady, in my opinion, surpassed Montana in SB 51with that impossible comeback, that was the end of the discussion, and he just kept on going from there, to not only break all records for SB wins and SB MVPs (as well as single game SB records) but also all of the all time records for regular season stats as well.

Those saying Brady isn’t the greatest QB ever, they are haters, it’s as simple as that. They have no facts to back up their argument. There are currently, and have been in the past, many great QBs in the NFL, I’m not denying that Marino wasn’t great, or Montana wasn’t great, just stating Brady was the greatest of them all, and basing it on facts stats wise.

I have that Slowtime15 idiot on ignore, He's the only one I did that to.
I know he put me on ignore. I haven’t seen a post on him since sb1 passed along who he thought Showtime15 really was.

Reactions: sb1
Maybe but it will be difficult. If Mahomes has a long career in which he stays healthy he has a shot at getting close-ish. But I don’t see another 7-Super Bowl QB in my lifetime.
And Reid isn’t young either. How will Mahomes do with a different coach? TBD

I missed that, who did he think he was?
Showtime15=Mac10=TommyBrady12

The biggest secret die hard Brady fan out of all of us imo :D

Remember when One for the Thumb was a thing?

I agree with that. And by far the biggest NFL QB douche bag to ever live. I know multiple people that have met him and he is beyond a shadow of a doubt a true piece of ****. Brady is closer to Montana than Marino.
Brady was far greater than Montana

Joe’s clearly irritated by Tom blowing past him in rings as Joe for a very long time was known as the GOAT.

Records are made to be broken. It’s actually good for the NFL. Someone could surpass Tom one day.
I agree that it’s possible that someone could pass. Brady has the greatest of all time… But it’s going to take a lot.

I agree with whoever said that Marino is one of the most overrated quarterbacks of all time… Keep in mind he had basically a “hill and waddle” (which made Tua look like a very good QB last season where before Doofin were looking for replacement)….and in the competition in those days Marino could just air it out there and Duper and Clayton would just run under it!!!! Marino had a very strong arm for sure

Marino was, if we're completely honest, pretty amazing, especially given the era in which he played. Absolutely electric as a passer. He should be rightly considered among the greatest ever to play the position.

But come on Joe. He's no Tom Brady. Good grief.

What Brady did by winning 7 chips is make Montana's four look pedestrian so now Joe can come out and say Marino was the BOAT because whether you have zero rings or 4, none of it comes close to 7.
Add in the conference Championships and the talk should be who's better Montana or Mahomes. Insane for anyone to mention any other QB's name with Brady's. Brady 10 confernece Championships vs. Montana's 4. Absolutely a case of SOUR GRAPES.

I remember announcers saying that Mannings happy feet were a good thing, he's constantly in motion and looking for the right play,etc...
His other foot was happy too when he was with that trainer in TN

He’s gone full Parker.

By “ Parker” I’m assuming you mean Rob Parker? The host of the 2-3 am show on sports radio KXNO in Des Moines. If his career trajectory continues on this path he will be hosting a podcast from Bienville Louisiana, population 211, within 3 years.

Lists are for losers. SB trophies are what winners get. And TB contributed to six here and one elsewhere.

Winning his everything. Old men making lists is nothing.

And Reid isn’t young either. How will Mahomes do with a different coach? TBD
Idk Brady seemed to do just fine without Belichick.

Reactions: sb1
If Brady didn't stop Mahomes twice that fool would have 4 rings already. I don't know if he'll catch Brady but as long as he has Kelce and Reid he's going to make it awfully interesting.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back