PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana dissing TFB ….. again.

I agree that it’s possible that someone could pass. Brady has the greatest of all time… But it’s going to take a lot.
Brady's great, but it's tough for me to conclude he's better than Baugh, Graham, or Layne.

For me, it's who you trust to win a football game.

To me, the best quarterback in the 90's is Doug Flutie. He made whatever team he played for its best and gave that team the best chance to win.

Intelligence, awareness, ability and determination to make plays (which none of the others could) when they have to be made, I wouldn't want anyone else.

So: For example, if Flutie played for the Cowboys, I expect they'd have won four Super Bowls. Bills, 49ers, Redskins, Giants, Broncos - they'd have done better with Doug than the guy they had. It's not his (or my) fault the league treated him like sh*t. Those other quarterbacks were coddled and pampered and allowed to play; do that for Flutie and you have a GOAT candidate. He was that good.

Many similar qualities to Brady: Durability, humility, leadership, and always a student of the game.

Brady's great, but it's tough for me to conclude he's better than Baugh, Graham, or Layne.

For me, it's who you trust to win a football game.

To me, the best quarterback in the 90's is Doug Flutie. He made whatever team he played for its best and gave that team the best chance to win.
Good heavens man.

Good heavens man.
Indeed, most football fans consider Flutie to be a Tebow-like punchline.

Like that string bean the Pats drafted in the sixth round in '01 and kept on the roster with three other quarterbacks.

What was his name? Tom something?

Showtime15=Mac10=TommyBrady12

The biggest secret die hard Brady fan out of all of us imo :D
Your original message might be the best message in the history of this site, it chased him away.

Reactions: sb1
IMO comparing eras is a futile exercise, given all the changes in the game, players, etc. that have transpired over time. I keep it simple by framing it as Brady being the most accomplished QB ever.

Prime Patriots Dynasty Tom was different

@SHOWTIME15 there you are!

I missed those laughing reactions

• Ha Ha

I'm not much of a Tweety X-er*, but I am going to go out of my way to visit this so I can LOL there as well! :haha:

*for any Sci-Fi nerds, my shining moment was asking Armin Schimerman if he'd ever eaten quark, and getting a response - he'd never heard of it! :haha:

The thing is, if you went player by player, position by position, on let's say, the 2016 championship team. This guy would say that every single player on the Chiefs was better.

The thing is, if you went player by player, position by position, on let's say, the 2016 championship team. This guy would say that every single player on the Chiefs was better.
IMO, there are only 2 Pats playoff teams that were full of studs - 2007 obviously and 2004.

I used to care about this when Brady had 3 SBs. Now it's so clear that saying anything else is just laughable.

He says Marino because he knows most people think he is better than Marino so means nothing.

If Brady didn't stop Mahomes twice that fool would have 4 rings already. I don't know if he'll catch Brady but as long as he has Kelce and Reid he's going to make it awfully interesting.
Dunno how much longer Kelce has but Mahomes seems like someone who makes his teammates better. Same vein as Brady.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back