PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mincey will play OLB...NOT ILB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joker said:
How many of these "uh ...Vrabel will play one outside LB postion with Colvin at the other" declarations have I read on this site? A hundred? Two hundred? Watch for this kid Mincey...I think he's going to blow some "expert!!!!" minds at OLB
We'd all love Mincey to be some rookie 6th round freak stud, and it does happen on rare occasion, but you're facing really long odds on this one. Really, really long. Even if he were a first day guy, he's still changing positions from college.

If Mincey has been talked about as an ILB, I guess I missed it. I (and many on this site) have always talked of him as an OLB candidate. I started a thread called something like "Is Mincey Our Next Elephant?" If he is, we won't know it for a year or two.

BelichickFan said:
We'd all love Mincey to be some rookie 6th round freak stud, and it does happen on rare occasion, but you're facing really long odds on this one. Really, really long. Even if he were a first day guy, he's still changing positions from college.

I have a tendency to agree with this post almost completely. Mincey might be that one in a million 6th round freak but I too sincerely doubt it. I think BB saw enough in Mincey to want to put him somewhere in the developemental pipeline. If he's an exceptionally quick learner he might be a tad higher in the pipeline but I would guess realistically he's one or two years away, sort of like TBC, slowly working his way up, but Mincey will have to be quicker because his contract will be shorter, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back