PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miles Austin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's like an older Dobson/Amendola hybrid. He's got Amendola's injury history and Dobson's size and speed. I'd rather spend on a TE or two.

NOOOO!

I live in Dallas and I'm very familiar with Miles Austin and his career thus far. He is absolutely terrible, trust me we don't want him. If, and a big if, he is healthy he is good. But, he is never healthy. He's been playing injured since his hamstring never seems to heal and he's terrible, he's slow and can't get separation.

my co worker is a cowboys fan...can't wait until austin is gone. He is never there when you need him

He's like an older Dobson/Amendola hybrid. He's got Amendola's injury history and Dobson's size and speed. I'd rather spend on a TE or two.

He definitely doesn't have Dobson's speed. He ran a 4.47 8 years ago, and has had what seems like 100 recurring leg injuries since then.

Even before injuries took their toll, he was slower than Dobson by a not-insignificant margin.

only on a 1 year prove it deal. if he ever regains form, you've got a 1,000 yard receiver. if he doesn't you cut him.

Just seeing the name "Miles Austin" makes my hamstring immediately tighten up.

That said, if the money is right I would want to take a chance on just about any player. Belichick typically loads up on lower tiered FA wideouts every year for added competition, so I doubt any of us would be too unhappy if names like LaVelle Hawkins, Donald Jones, etc suddenly turned into "Miles Austin."

The concern that I'd see with that scenario is that the money won't be as good, thus making it less of a low-risk/high reward proposition. I imagine that there will be some team out there who'd definitely overpay where it would no longer make sense to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes