PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Silver: Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Could Part If Patriots Falter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver is about a week late for that story.

Good thing these "executives" have ZERO input into the Pats decisions.

Ridiculous article, BB has always lived by the philosophy that it's better to get rid of someone one year early than one year late....and has never overpaid to stock this team with what the media perceives as "talent"....including 2007, which was only possible because Randy Moss was available for a 4th round pick.

"Even though Patriots coach Bill Belichick chuckled when asked Monday night about Brady's status, more than one source told ESPN that "nobody is untouchable."

Brady has stated publicly he wants to play another four or five years, at least. Sources close to the quarterback told ESPN that remains true but acknowledge that his career may end with another franchise unless Patriots owner Robert Kraft intercedes."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...gland-patriots-impact-quarterback-future-team

i think we might be approaching a crossroads in a year or two......not trying to troll.....being serious

i believe that brady wants to play into his 40s

i believe that BB wants a chance to coach with a different QB as a challenge to prove himself

this is not far fetched at all.....despite making everyone upset......kraft might decide which way it goes

Douche and squeaky tried to spin this as Silver hinting that Kraft will choose Brady over Belichick because he wrote new coach and not new team.

But remember this was the guy that said Brady and the Pats were far apart on a dea and there was a disconnect in 2010 just before the Pats made him the highest paid player at the time

What a stupid article. I agree Peyton has better weapons, but come on. We have the best TE in the league, and one of the best slot WRs. It's not like we've given Brady trash. The OL sucks at the moment, but that's not even really discussed in the article, its all about skill players.

I sense a growing disconnect between Michael Silver and the truth.

"Even though Patriots coach Bill Belichick chuckled when asked Monday night about Brady's status, more than one source told ESPN that "nobody is untouchable."

Brady has stated publicly he wants to play another four or five years, at least. Sources close to the quarterback told ESPN that remains true but acknowledge that his career may end with another franchise unless Patriots owner Robert Kraft intercedes."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...gland-patriots-impact-quarterback-future-team

i think we might be approaching a crossroads in a year or two......not trying to troll.....being serious

i believe that BB wants a chance to coach with a different QB as a challenge to prove himself

this is not far fetched at all.....despite making everyone upset......kraft might decide which way it goes

Bolded part is nonsense. The NFL is a professional sport, and Belichick does not strike me as the type to put his own personal whims above what is best for the team.

To do otherwise may cost jobs if it blows up in your face in a what-have-you-done-for-me lately setting, even, amazing as it may seem, for a HOF coach.

Sorry but I am not buying this. My two cents.

Bolded part is nonsense. The NFL is a professional sport, and Belichick does not strike me as the type to put his own personal whims above what is best for the team.

To do otherwise may cost jobs if it blows up in your face in a what-have-you-done-for-me lately setting, even, amazing as it may seem, for a HOF coach.

Sorry but I am not buying this. My two cents.

i can respect that......but i asked bedard that in an online chat and he *thought* BB wants to try to win post brady

Who do you think is better, Brady as a QB or BB as a coach? I asked this to Bedard a while back in one of his chats and this is what he said:

"Great question. Until BB wins a title without Brady -- and I think Belichick would like to try that -- most people will say Brady was the straw, even though I don't subscribe to that. Some people do. "

just his opinion......just my opinion

I'm not going to believe every single rumor that gets floated to be true but obviously something is going on there. Where there is smoke there is fire even if the details are all junk. At the end of the day, they both prioritize winning and are the best at what they do, so coming to an agreement makes sense. As someone mentioned they've had disconnect in the past (05, 10). Although in the past it was more contractual where this sounds like it's more schematically. Perhaps Bill wants to scale back the offense and Brady is not satisfied with that approach.

i can respect that......but i asked bedard that in an online chat and he *thought* BB wants to try to win post brady

Bedard has some pretty good insight about football at times. I've never seen anything that would indicate he has any special insight regarding the motivations of people he really doesn't know. Both Bedard and his audience would be better served if he stuck to discussing just football.

I'm not going to believe every single rumor that gets floated to be true but obviously something is going on there. Where there is smoke there is fire even if the details are all junk. At the end of the day, they both prioritize winning and are the best at what they do, so coming to an agreement makes sense. As someone mentioned they've had disconnect in the past (05, 10). Although in the past it was more contractual where this sounds like it's more schematically. Perhaps Bill wants to scale back the offense and Brady is not satisfied with that approach.
Mort and SMY have been quoted as saying "where there is smoke there is fire" today. You're in "good" company.

Is this the same Mike Silver that got everyone in a tussle about a Brady holdout in 2010? That guy?

Yeah...

I have no clue how this will end.

What I do know is :

- The Krafts can save real $$$ by trading him.
- The Patriots can save cap space by trading him (per Miguel tweet at bottom).
- The Patriots can get something (presumably draft picks) for him.
- Garrapolo is on the roster presumably ready by next year.

Will they trade him ? Who knows but there are a lot of reasons to take the possibility seriously.

[email protected] ‏@patscap Oct 5
As of now his 2016 cap hit is scheduled to be $14 million, therefore a post 6/1/15 trade creates cap Space in both 2015+2016

That's perfectly alright as long as it is within the context of doing what is best for the team and not some quixotic personal goal that is manifest prematurely. If/when the day comes that Brady is no longer the best quarterback on this team, then this may or may not come to fruition.

I think Belichick wants to win, period, and he will do whatever he feels is best to achieve that, and imo no one in their right mind would believe that Jimmy Garrapolo gives the Patriots a better chance to win than Tom Brady does. I don't think he cares at all about proving himself to anyone and I doubt he has worried that being the most successful coach in the league since the turn of the century is diminished in any way by having Brady, as he chose him and coached him to the greatness he has achieved. Both are first ballot HOF'ers regardless of how things go from here. How long Brady will be the QB will be a function of his performances from here on out. I think they can go a few more years but we will have to see how it plays out on the field. people forget that this is one of the youngest teams in football, and that is so overlooked that the media continually referenced the Bengals having to show they can go into Foxboro and win against the more seasoned Patriots, when in fact the Bengals are older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft